HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2011, 12:15 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3 Posts
Discussion
How can i mount light on the Thunder Tiger neptune SB-1

Hello my name is philipp and i wanted to ask if anybody could help me with telling me how to mount lights for the neptune sb-1 ( it would be better to know how to mount them outside )

Thanks !!
the_lil_sub_boy is offline Find More Posts by the_lil_sub_boy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2011, 08:38 AM
Joined Jul 2004
270 Posts
call Mikes subworks his ad is on this site has a picture of the Neptune SB-1. on the banner above. He used to sell the Neptune but with all the crap they are pulling with the distribution (SP?) he seems not to have them in stock. But he sells lights for them and the switch to control them from the aux channel. Look him up. Tom
shaneperch is offline Find More Posts by shaneperch
Old Jan 23, 2011, 11:06 AM
Joined Jan 2011
3 Posts
thanks Tom for the anwser but i emailed then many times and they just wont write back so i have a problem does someone know any other ways ?
Old Jan 23, 2011, 11:51 AM
Formerly Nuke Power
United States, NY, Gloversville
Joined May 2007
426 Posts
I have a receiver controlled switch that can handle a light if you like. Send me a PM
Rogue Sub is offline Find More Posts by Rogue Sub
Old Jan 23, 2011, 03:00 PM
Joined Jul 2004
270 Posts
Yeah I usually call him,, He works in the City and lives in Carmel (I know the deal I lived in Carmel NY as well) and if you know NYC you'll understand why he don't answer emails as quick as you wish. Anyway what he did was use the receiver switch and drilled two holes through the front plate and used two bolts with lockwashers on each side and nuts on the outside and applied silicone on the outside wiring to the lights he mounted on the outside nosecone. The nuts and bolts were brass which you can find in Lowes or Menards or your local hardware store. That is my advice. I saw his rig in Carmel Indiana when I was there at the Regatta. Tom
shaneperch is offline Find More Posts by shaneperch
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:04 AM
Joined Jan 2011
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Sub View Post
I have a receiver controlled switch that can handle a light if you like. Send me a PM
ok thats nice but do i need to change the receiver or the thing that i plug the cables in like the handling and the back nad forth
Old Jan 24, 2011, 08:16 PM
Formerly Nuke Power
United States, NY, Gloversville
Joined May 2007
426 Posts
OK I assumed you knew more about what was going on inside the sub. You will need to make sure you have an extra receiver channel to plug it into and make sure your transmitter has an extra channel as well. You will then need to wire the switch inline with the power supply you are using to power the light.
Rogue Sub is offline Find More Posts by Rogue Sub