Old Jan 22, 2011, 01:22 AM
dub dub dub dot ausuav dot com
Australia, VIC, Geelong
Joined Feb 2005
183 Posts
Help!
MK FC 2.1 Help I've blown it up

Hi All,

So whilst I was getting ready to do acc calibration, the side connectors on the mkusb touched a speedcontroller, whilst it was plugged into the FC. The flight battery was plugged in also so the speedcontrollers had power.

A small pop, crackle was heard, then the smell of fried electrics. I'd prefer fried chicken
Since then the green led won't lite on the FC anymore and I can't fire anything up.

What should I be looking for that is blown up so I can replace it?
Does someone have a schematic of the FC so I could trace it?

Cheers
Aaron
AUSUAV is offline Find More Posts by AUSUAV
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2011, 01:24 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSUAV View Post
Hi All,

So whilst I was getting ready to do acc calibration, the side connectors on the mkusb touched a speedcontroller, whilst it was plugged into the FC. The flight battery was plugged in also so the speedcontrollers had power.

A small pop, crackle was heard, then the smell of fried electrics. I'd prefer fried chicken
Since then the green led won't lite on the FC anymore and I can't fire anything up.

What should I be looking for that is blown up so I can replace it?
Does someone have a schematic of the FC so I could trace it?

Cheers
Aaron
schematic:
http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/Fli...2_1#Schaltplan

board layout:
http://mikrocontroller.com/files/Fli...1_Bestueck.pdf

the only problem is: they have 4 layer black-mask pcb and you probably won't see any traces.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 22, 2011, 01:30 AM
dub dub dub dot ausuav dot com
Australia, VIC, Geelong
Joined Feb 2005
183 Posts
Hey Timecop,

Thanks very much for that. You are right it's all black and very hard to see. Do you have any idea which components I should be looking at first?

Cheers
Aaron
AUSUAV is offline Find More Posts by AUSUAV
Old Jan 22, 2011, 01:42 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSUAV View Post
Hey Timecop,

Thanks very much for that. You are right it's all black and very hard to see. Do you have any idea which components I should be looking at first?

Cheers
Aaron
Your description wasn't really helpful.
You shorted out some pin on the side header of MKUSB with something (presumably + power) on ESC, and then you had it connected through ribbon cable to the MK, right? Well, most likely you've nuked the main processor and/or traces going to it since theres 4 serial i/o pins, 2 gpio, and I think 5V and gnd.
If you hit it to 5V, you probably nuked DC/DC converters and/or their traces. If you hit it to gnd, you'd had a bigger spark. That leaves uart/gpio, well, 14V to that will likely trash the processor.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 22, 2011, 04:26 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,824 Posts
god mate. I always stress the fact that folks must shrink wrap the mk usb. or get xbee.
seems you will have to ask germany if they will repair it. or find a electronic guru in your area who knows about these complex circuit boards. , as this seems like some serious damage.
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa