Old Jan 21, 2011, 09:02 PM
midwing
Varberg Sweden
Joined Aug 2004
9 Posts
Discussion
Reflex-sim in Windows 7 64bit?

Hi folks,
Anyone succesful in running the reflex sim in W7 64?
If so please let me now how to make it work, (only getting some error code wow 64 something)
My old cd seems out of date...
Cheers!
midwing is offline Find More Posts by midwing
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2011, 01:44 AM
Reflex sim model builder
Augsburg, Germany
Joined Sep 2004
474 Posts
Indeed, W7 was not out when the installers for the older Reflex versions have been built. There are new, W7-compatible installers at http://www.simWerk.de/ (download section) for the older 5.03 and 5.04 versions (depends on your dongle). There may be still problems so you should ask this question at http://www.rc-sim.de/. It has been asked and answered there before. Please specify your Reflex and dongle version; that has to be known for a correct answer.
BurkhardE is offline Find More Posts by BurkhardE
Old Jan 22, 2011, 10:16 AM
Massachussets
Joined Nov 2005
247 Posts
I just got a new laptop with Windows 7 64 bit. I installed reflex from the original disc(5.0 and blue dongle). Works fine.

Try right clicking and then clicking on properties. Set the compatibility for windows xp(service pack 2).
wingster is online now Find More Posts by wingster
Old Jan 22, 2011, 10:23 AM
Massachussets
Joined Nov 2005
247 Posts
You can also download version 5.03 from simwerk, but the execution file is missing for some reason. Copy the execution file from your old program and insert it among the 5.03 files and then open the execution file.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 06:02 PM
CALIFORNIA
Joined Jan 2005
31 Posts
Hi All,

It may not be related to the title of the thread but I will go ahead/ask a couple of questions on Reflex Sim
(I was out of this hobby for a while)

I used to have Reflex XTR and really liked it.
I am trying to buy a good simulator and I see there is Reflex XTR2?
How different is it to the Reflex XTR?
And where can I buy (XTR or XTR2) and what is street price?

I know Reflex needs very good Video Card otherwise it would not run smoothly.
What kind of video cards are you guys running?
nVidia 8400 was not enough (It was running fine on nVidia 5800 Go, which I don't have any more)

I would appreciate any info

Thanks
electro_heli is offline Find More Posts by electro_heli
Old Jan 24, 2011, 01:59 AM
midwing
Varberg Sweden
Joined Aug 2004
9 Posts
Dear BurkhardE, Thanks for the quick replay and assitance!
I will try this.
I have a 4-5 yers old version of XTR with the blue key, not shure what version but I downloaded the 5.03 version but no EXE.file... Will try wingsters suggestion!
I mailed both simwerk and The "old" but havent yet got any responce, maybe today..
I downloaded your "build" of the little Junior witch I really look forward to.
Have a friend here at the local airport who has the real deal (MFI 9HB) witch I am hoping to bye from him this year so I can play along in that way too.
(I am a former commersial Pilot) and need a fun toy besides the sim.
My hat of to you for the nice little Junior there!
Many Thanks and
Blue Skies!
Last edited by midwing; Jan 24, 2011 at 02:33 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 02:00 AM
midwing
Varberg Sweden
Joined Aug 2004
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingster View Post
You can also download version 5.03 from simwerk, but the execution file is missing for some reason. Copy the execution file from your old program and insert it among the 5.03 files and then open the execution file.
Thanks Wingster!
Will try this ASAP!
Blue Skies!
Old Jan 24, 2011, 02:31 AM
midwing
Varberg Sweden
Joined Aug 2004
9 Posts
Hi all, I figured out that I have the old 5.01 version with the blue dongle.
Altough I cant find the EXE-file needed on the cd (guess it need´s to be installed properly first) and there in lays the problem..
I only run W7 so I cant install it under XP or vista and then extract the specific file for pasting onto the 5.03 W7 64 version.
Maybe one should by the new upgrade, altough a bit pricy when one has already bought this sim...
But on the other hand, it´s a wonderful sim!!
Will keep on fiddling until it runs again...
Cheers and thanks everyone!
Old Jan 24, 2011, 03:57 AM
Reflex sim model builder
Augsburg, Germany
Joined Sep 2004
474 Posts
Midwing, the simWerk website tells they distribute via Kyosho in Sweden. I don't know if they sell the update, though. Just ask them. You'd have to send in your old blue dongle and would get version 5.06 with the current dongle. Look at the simWerk website for "Hardware Update", price is 99 Euro.

About getting the downloaded 5.03 version running (Reflex.exe missing) there's a thread on RC-Sim. You could ask there for help or you could send me a private message with your e-mail address.

By the way, I envy you the MFI 9. (Is the HB the militrainer?) I'm a former hobby pilot and paradropper. I wonder if you'll find the Reflex model realistic. Please let me know.

electro_heli, you might have an early 5.xx version of Reflex XTR, that is the first version with photorealistic panorama sceneries. The latest version has more sceneries, also some with wind fields for slope soaring, and more models. Especially for heli flyers, flight physics is improved and there are new heli models and 3D viewing with red-cyan glasses or shutter glasses. Gives a real 3D impression (you'll be impressed), and especially heli flyers use this new feature as well as the new multiplayer option!

Reflex never needed the best video card available, in contrast to other sims. It works fine with mid-range video adapters. I have a GeForce 9600 GT in my home PC, but Reflex works fine on my two-year-old notebook as well, even if with reduced quality (antialiasing and such). I would just try and then decide to reduce quality settings or buy a better video card (100$), if needed at all. The newer cards have the 3D option with red-cyan glasses, the option for (USB) shutter glasses is still rare and might prompt you to buy a new card (but the shutter glasses are somewhat expensive.) There's even a head-tracking option now (with one of the common head-tracking systems).

As far as I know, Reflex is distributed by MRC in the US, but I don't know if they also have the update. You just have to ask. (Be prepared for some waiting time.)
Last edited by BurkhardE; Jan 24, 2011 at 05:33 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:46 AM
Massachussets
Joined Nov 2005
247 Posts
Midwing

If you send me your email address, I can send me you the execution file.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 09:53 PM
CALIFORNIA
Joined Jan 2005
31 Posts
BurkhardE,

Thanks for the detailed info.
I think I had 5.02x.

XTR2 sounds really cool but I hope I don't have to invest too much.
It looks like some on-line hobby shops are carrying it but most of them are out of stock.
(I saw a couple of places had Futaba version but I need JR version)

Oh well, I will wait and see.....

Cheers
electro_heli is offline Find More Posts by electro_heli
Last edited by electro_heli; Jan 24, 2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 07:23 AM
midwing
Varberg Sweden
Joined Aug 2004
9 Posts
Reflex XTR

Finally!
With your guys (BurkhardE & Wingster) assitance I am again able to run the reflex sim again!
Thanks!
Need to run and try it out again, almost forgot how fun it was...(and safe)
Last edited by midwing; Jan 26, 2011 at 07:37 AM.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 07:29 AM
midwing
Varberg Sweden
Joined Aug 2004
9 Posts
The junior seems to work really fine!
Cheers!
Last edited by midwing; Jan 26, 2011 at 07:36 AM.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 07:32 AM
midwing
Varberg Sweden
Joined Aug 2004
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurkhardE View Post
Midwing, the simWerk website tells they distribute via Kyosho in Sweden. I don't know if they sell the update, though. Just ask them. You'd have to send in your old blue dongle and would get version 5.06 with the current dongle. Look at the simWerk website for "Hardware Update", price is 99 Euro.

About getting the downloaded 5.03 version running (Reflex.exe missing) there's a thread on RC-Sim. You could ask there for help or you could send me a private message with your e-mail address.

By the way, I envy you the MFI 9. (Is the HB the militrainer?) I'm a former hobby pilot and paradropper. I wonder if you'll find the Reflex model realistic. Please let me know.

electro_heli, you might have an early 5.xx version of Reflex XTR, that is the first version with photorealistic panorama sceneries. The latest version has more sceneries, also some with wind fields for slope soaring, and more models. Especially for heli flyers, flight physics is improved and there are new heli models and 3D viewing with red-cyan glasses or shutter glasses. Gives a real 3D impression (you'll be impressed), and especially heli flyers use this new feature as well as the new multiplayer option!

Reflex never needed the best video card available, in contrast to other sims. It works fine with mid-range video adapters. I have a GeForce 9600 GT in my home PC, but Reflex works fine on my two-year-old notebook as well, even if with reduced quality (antialiasing and such). I would just try and then decide to reduce quality settings or buy a better video card (100$), if needed at all. The newer cards have the 3D option with red-cyan glasses, the option for (USB) shutter glasses is still rare and might prompt you to buy a new card (but the shutter glasses are somewhat expensive.) There's even a head-tracking option now (with one of the common head-tracking systems).

As far as I know, Reflex is distributed by MRC in the US, but I don't know if they also have the update. You just have to ask. (Be prepared for some waiting time.)
The MFI works seems to work really fine!
Will ask my friend who owns the MFI to try it out and ask for feedback there.
My first impression was god though, maybe a little weak on the elevator authority..
Only wished she was bigger!
Realism is good!
Will try mooore!!
Cheers!
Old Jan 26, 2011, 09:35 AM
Reflex sim model builder
Augsburg, Germany
Joined Sep 2004
474 Posts
Glad you like it.

As to elevator (and flaps) - try the "expert" version!

I don't know if one could make a full-size for Reflex. At least you had to fool it as to the parameter limits, and maybe it's just not possible.