HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by heli hamilton, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 02:20 PM
United Kingdom, England, Wolverhampton
Joined Jan 2011
29 Posts
Discussion
new flyer

hi people, im 27 years old and im new to the world of flying. Ive come to love it with a passion just in the last 3 months.
I started off with some small 3 channel helicopters, and also have a medium and large.
I didnt really understand about 4 channel and 6 channel until i spoke to a friend who was into flying, who suggested buying a honeybee 2.
Well last xmas the girlfriend brought me one and i have only just got it setup properly as it was not ready to fly as it said on the box. I broke it 3 time just by taking it up in the air a few feet lol.
At work there is a large space so ive been practicing hovering over one spot.
Im getting there slowly lol.
With practice im sure il be great one day.
Ive recently purchased a nine eagles solo too, so i can practice in the living room and wind the girlfriend up by flying into walls lol.
Practice makes perfect hey.
I would be interested if anyone wants to share what the best helicopters are to get, prices, maintainence etc.
heli hamilton is offline Find More Posts by heli hamilton
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2011, 03:36 PM
Allan Stiles
Groveland, Florida
Joined Jan 2011
10 Posts
my girlfriend bought me an e-razor 450, and it should be here in a couple days....its an affordable bird, glad to see you like the hobby..,...drop me a line anytime...
allanstiles20@yahoo.com
allanstiles is offline Find More Posts by allanstiles
Old Nov 04, 2012, 05:31 PM
United Kingdom, England, Wolverhampton
Joined Jan 2011
29 Posts
Cant believe i never saw this post until now. Feel quite ignorant. Unintentional i assure you. Been flying a while now. Went on to RC cars for a while but getting back into heli's now. I tried the blade 400 the other week, but it was a huge jump back into things. I brought a honeybee king 2 off my uncle and have got some parts and modded it to brushless power. Been hell setting it up, but nearly there. i have the old faithful Dx6i hooked up so should be no bother.Hope your getting on ok flying. Sorry i never replied. Chris
heli hamilton is offline Find More Posts by heli hamilton