SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 10, 2011, 12:30 AM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallflyer View Post
People remember the Chinese just had there New Years so they were shut down for 3 weeks! I place a plane order with the new HK here in the states I live in San Diego plane came from WA got here in 5 days!
augh !!!! still waiting. mine cleared customs yesturday so it should show up in a few days. maybe today who knows. !!

Detailed Results:

Inbound Out of Customs, February 09, 2011, 3:13 am
Inbound Into Customs
Inbound International Arrival, February 07, 2011, 9:28 pm, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Inbound International Arrival, February 02, 2011, 3:10 am, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Foreign International Dispatch, January 26, 2011, 8:11 am, HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Foreign Acceptance, January 21, 2011, 6:00 pm, HONG KONG
DaxFX is online now Find More Posts by DaxFX
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2011, 12:39 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,354 Posts
My order is so big they are told me they needed a crane to take it off the boat! going to be in customs for 6 months!
tallflyer is offline Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
Old Feb 10, 2011, 01:02 AM
3D Crazy
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Joined May 2010
783 Posts
That's funny.............
Meez is offline Find More Posts by Meez
Old Feb 10, 2011, 03:19 AM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,248 Posts
i send my RC Submarine with an FPV to look around the titanic i think i saw my package.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 09:01 PM
3D Crazy
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Joined May 2010
783 Posts
Hope someone that work with HK follow this thread and see how bad my friend's around the world dying because of waiting this plane to arrive...........

Anyone got HK CEO phone number?
Old Feb 10, 2011, 09:36 PM
Joined Jul 2002
6,354 Posts
I will send a Email to a guy I know that works for them!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2011, 01:02 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,248 Posts
finally mine is here. looks awesome. and lloks very cleancut. and looks very easy to build. i will post when maiden.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 04:57 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,248 Posts
guys can someone post a pictur of the receiver mount. non of my receiver fits in there. not even the tiny 4ch futaba fasst indoore. i want to use one of my orangerx fasst futaba to setup each aileron servo in separated chanel for use flaperons and air break.

also what tha hek is the servo extension arm. do I need to make servo arms longer ??

the turnigy motor y bought for this plane fits perfect on engine mount. and is a little overpower than recomended so i hope will be a good floter.

also are you guys are gluing the main wings. are you gluing the servos or just the wood and screw the servo to the wood? i will prefer not to glue the main wing in case i need to replace an aileron servo and for carring to field.

any suggestion if i found a way to attach wing without glue i will tell ya.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 07:43 PM
3D Crazy
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Joined May 2010
783 Posts
i use hot glue to attached my 6ch hitec receiver to the fuse. Yea, the receiver slot is suck...........

I do extended the servo lead to reach the receiver otherwise my tail won't work. The stock servo arm work well for my PowerHD 8g servos even there is not much allowance. Just make sure you thighten the grup screw, everything will be fine.

I didn't glue the wing together, like you, thingking of servo replacement later on. To ensure the wing did not come-out during flight, i use CA. After several flight, i found CA not work well at this area so i try hot glue. It look fine until now.

Good luck on your maiden.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 03:23 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,248 Posts
MEEZ did u use any thrust angle an motor?
Old Feb 16, 2011, 09:19 PM
3D Crazy
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Joined May 2010
783 Posts
Yea, a thin washer on left side (from pilot view) for both up and down screw, that all i need.

Good luck
Old Feb 16, 2011, 10:15 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meez View Post
Yea, a thin washer on left side (from pilot view) for both up and down screw, that all i need.

Good luck
thanks man. finally I have a time to mount my YAK. too much work this week. but tonight is for my yak. i hope to get it to the field this sunday. i will have 2 maiden. this one and the sapac t-45 goshawk.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 03:50 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,248 Posts
done. maiden succesfully. now were is the cg ??? mine is so tail havy that firs battery was almost imposible to flight she was hovering by its own, and extreme touchy the controls. by the second battery I lower rates in ail/elev 70% and expo to 40% more stable but still need adjuist CG.

this foamy is heavy but i liked a lot i use to flight on mornings without wind. and today I stay with my friends and before go home at 12.00pm i decide to give my last try on the YAK the wind was at like 15mph with 20mph gusts. she can handle thw wind perfectI just love my YAK.

this is a replacement for the 3D EPO HAWK (rest in peace) one of the things i love most from the 3D hawk was the availability to fly in any wind condition not all 3D foamies are wind compatible. I am now more that happy, I am amazed. I replaced my 3d Hawk with something better
Old Feb 20, 2011, 04:11 PM
Joined Jul 2002
6,354 Posts
Well I hope mine is here this week I got my tracking info from Hobby King! says its here in the USA and has passed customs out for Delivery!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 20, 2011, 07:41 PM
Were..is..my..Super..Suit ..
United States, NE, Papillion
Joined Sep 2009
2,510 Posts
Got mine about a week ago and got it all put together today and ready for the maiden, just need some good weather. Here are some videos I made of it:

Whats in the box:
First plane with my HobbyKing sponsorship: "whats in the box" EPP Yak (4 min 38 sec)

How to assemble video:
First plane with my HobbyKing sponsorship: "How to assemble" EPP Yak (3 min 33 sec)

I also started my own thread of this plane right here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1393536

One question though, were should the CG be?

j3tman,
j3tman is offline Find More Posts by j3tman