HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2011, 07:28 PM
Sheboygan Falls, WI
Joined Nov 2006
1,730 Posts
Discussion
Hobbyking Mini go kart coming soon

Looks like Hobbyking had it in the works before they even released the 1/4 scale cart. hopefully it uses the same setup with the carbon decks.
interplanet is offline Find More Posts by interplanet
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2011, 09:48 PM
Joined Dec 2009
218 Posts
This one is the better design of the two as I had one before I bought my larger scale TERC kart. This one has been out for a year now. The batteries on mine "the cross fire kart" was evenly blanced due to each cell on each side. Great on the corners with no tail spin and tons of traction like my current kart. Heres the winning design as it speaks for itself as the video and in the images. Sold mine due to you had to order parts all the time instead of walking into a hobby shop. Got old to as noone wanted to race them as well.

The weblink for my old 1/10 kart: http://www.rc-cross.com/page/english/Firecart.html

Motty

Cross 1/10 Fire kart (1 min 11 sec)
motty is offline Find More Posts by motty
Last edited by motty; Jan 19, 2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:14 PM
CRA
Joined Dec 2009
170 Posts
Yeah your right Motty. It's the one we used to race but this gokart has the motor setting higher which means top heavy. Not good for something this small. Looks like it has a solid non cutout chassis unlike our old ones. No flex in this one will be found. Slip slide once again. You need it for something this small remember the way they handled? They were fun just not that fast. If you do re gear it you won't be able to control it as theres nothing there. Like a V12 in a tiny ford festiva

CRA
CRA is offline Find More Posts by CRA
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:03 AM
Sheboygan Falls, WI
Joined Nov 2006
1,730 Posts
yeah, its close but not the same kart.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:34 AM
Joined Dec 2009
218 Posts
Yeah, it looks a little different. but the front end, turn buckles, driver figure and the strange face on him is the same. On the other hand, bodys different and looks to be made of that heavier plastic. This one here of HK has a chassis thats solid where the one I raced ( the cross kart) was all cut out for reduced weight. It still looks like a nice piece of work. Any idea on price since the large one was a mere bill plus 30 shipping?

Motty
motty is offline Find More Posts by motty
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:54 AM
Sheboygan Falls, WI
Joined Nov 2006
1,730 Posts
looking back at it it is alot closer than I thought, seems some of the motor plate is the same as well. No idea on the price, I would guess 45-65 myself,.