HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by gardleopard, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 04:15 PM
Asker, Norway
Joined Jan 2010
105 Posts
Discussion
FireFly

This is my FireFly built from leadfeathers plans in this thread.

My FireFly has been alive since 21-05-2010. It is a great flier, with a 3s 800mah battery it has great speed and gives me a kick. If i put a 450 2s lipo on it can fly incredible slow in high alpha and I can fool around with the rudder close to the ground. I have flown this plane a lot. When I made my FireFly I made a twin at the same time, so I could move the electronics over when the first one died... Guess what, its not near dying yet!

My setup:
3x hxt-500 servos
2730 - 1500 KV motor
8x4,7 sf prop (cut down from 9")

She has a few scratches now, the prop has taken some bites for instance. I glue the foam back on and every once in a while I paint the spots missing paint. I'm currently making a hatch for her battery. The hatch has a magnet so it will stay put. Its winter here now, so the plan is to tape around the hatch so that snow does not get into the esc and receiver.

Maiden movie
Firefly maiden (3 min 7 sec)
gardleopard is offline Find More Posts by gardleopard
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2011, 04:35 PM
Asker, Norway
Joined Jan 2010
105 Posts
I flew my firefly indoor. Small room so I had to fly high alpha almost constantly, but it was easy to keep her in the air. Great stick training.

My firefly is flying in the background on this video. My black Smart Dart is also in this video.

Indoor flying 19.02.11 - Asker Modellklubb (6 min 10 sec)
Old Apr 16, 2011, 04:24 PM
Asker, Norway
Joined Jan 2010
105 Posts
Aerial video from my FireFly
Aerial video from my FireFly (4 min 15 sec)