HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2011, 08:45 AM
Jim C
Joined Sep 2009
1,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwoebke View Post
Perhaps a comprimise would be for the time being to unstick the F3K selection leauge and stick this? Then after the champs switch back?

You can donate directly to FAI team funds (even cooler if your company matches), you can buy FAI team wares (shirts, what not), or you can buy raffle tickets.

Maybe it's also a F3K skills thing? I didn't think about that before. Maybe he only makes sense to decent pilots? Interesting....

Ryan
How about taking the HLG/DLG & related (including video) reviews in lift zone
sticky down. That one has not had ANY new information since September of 2009. Even MORE interesting is that the moderator of the sticky has not shown any activity since September 25 2007!!!!!!!!

Instead of sticky threads, the responsible people should be finding ways to keep this topic alive and popping. If a local state thread can stay on the front page most of the time, this should be able to as well. Perhaps the team members can be pointed here as a way to keep discussion alive. Most of them post EVERY day. They should have interest in keeping this thread front and center because it is to their benefit.

Please do not take my posts as negative. I want them to be encouraging/challenging. I have already purchased $XXX dollars in goods to benefit the team, I am attending at least one contest where part of my entry fee goes to help the team. I will likely drop some loot on raffle tickets, so I really am trying to be supportive.
ShadowFalken is offline Find More Posts by ShadowFalken
Last edited by ShadowFalken; Jan 21, 2011 at 08:57 AM. Reason: on to one (left out an e)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2011, 08:49 AM
Turn down for what?
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Feb 2004
14,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFalken View Post
How about taking the HLG/DLG & related (including video) reviews in lift zone
sticky down.
Have you requested that?
rdwoebke is online now Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Old Jan 21, 2011, 01:15 PM
Walter Roos
Canton, Ga.
Joined Aug 2004
3,195 Posts
I too don't like Stickies. They should have an automatic Sundown feature where if nothing is posted to them during any 30 day period then they are closed, or something like that. I was going to make my " Your Minor Questions" thread a Sticky, but decided that I didn't want to add to the permanent stuff taking up space at the top of Page 1. True I have to rescue it every once in awhile, but it's my/your thread and I feel some obligation to monitor what goes on there.

Just thinking and IMO,

walt
ROOSWH is offline Find More Posts by ROOSWH
Old Jan 21, 2011, 08:37 PM
Germantown, Maryland
Joined Apr 2004
4,511 Posts
I think they should un-sticky the USA DLG map thread. It was started by me but I never had any intention of keeping it updated. Someone else asked to have it made a sticky. It isn't kept updated and doesn't serve any good function now. If I knew how to un-sticky it, I would.
Phil Barnes is online now Find More Posts by Phil Barnes
Old Jan 21, 2011, 08:55 PM
Launch high. Fly low.
United States, CA, Lake Elsinore
Joined Aug 2003
4,136 Posts
I'm sure everyone's gonna like what Mike has planned for the raffle. They're already in the works!

BTW: I'd read any and all of George's posts. There's a certain honesty to his words.

Jun C.
jcats is offline Find More Posts by jcats
Old Jan 21, 2011, 09:07 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Barnes View Post
I think they should un-sticky the USA DLG map thread. It was started by me but I never had any intention of keeping it updated. Someone else asked to have it made a sticky. It isn't kept updated and doesn't serve any good function now. If I knew how to un-sticky it, I would.
^^^^^
I will report this post and ask the moderators to unstick it.
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Jan 21, 2011, 09:18 PM
Turn down for what?
Joined Feb 2004
14,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
^^^^^
I will report this post and ask the moderators to unstick it.
I have done the same thing. Probably a good thing if several of us do that.

I also requested this thread be stickied. Probably a good thing if several of us do that. Well, or the sticky haters can request the opposite.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 09:20 PM
Turn down for what?
Joined Feb 2004
14,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcats View Post
BTW: I'd read any and all of George's posts. There's a certain honesty to his words.
I read every single post from an expert of that level. I read every one of your posts.

I just can't figure out what he is saying in most of the posts. He is like the cajun guy in Joe Dirt.

Ryan
Old Jan 21, 2011, 09:21 PM
Walter Roos
Canton, Ga.
Joined Aug 2004
3,195 Posts
DLG fliers Team Support

Hi Mike,
Just so you'll know, Ed White is a good guy. He owns and operates an orange grove in Florida and I'll bet that basket, the nice lady in his avatar is holding, is full of Ed's beautiful Florida oranges.

BTW As of right now he/you have orders for 24 T-Shirts.

see http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...333501&page=14

We contestants at this Feburary contest in Florida want to support the F3K Team.

walt
Old Jan 21, 2011, 09:24 PM
Walter Roos
Canton, Ga.
Joined Aug 2004
3,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwoebke View Post
I read every single post from an expert of that level. I read every one of your posts.

I just can't figure out what he is saying in most of the posts. He is like the cajun guy in Joe Dirt.

Ryan
Now you know how I feel about California/west coast speak.

walt

As for friend George, Once you get pass the spelling and the words, you can really appreciate what he is saying.

Notice I almost never post without editing.
Last edited by ROOSWH; Jan 21, 2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 08:05 PM
M Seid
Solana Beach, Ca
Joined Sep 2006
2,996 Posts
im asking nicely, politely..... stick this thread. little help?
M Seid is offline Find More Posts by M Seid
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2011, 08:07 PM
M Seid
Solana Beach, Ca
Joined Sep 2006
2,996 Posts
the little things help me with this job.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2011, 08:24 PM
M Seid
Solana Beach, Ca
Joined Sep 2006
2,996 Posts
Thank you Atlanta Hobby, Mercury Adhesives and RC Radio Network!

West of the continental divide (which runs through the middle of Phoenix) few are familiar with the die hard DLG enthusiast, and proprietor of Atlanta Hobby- Cliff Whitney! Cliff has been a HUGE supporter of DLG! Atlanta hobby imports the Twister, and Twister 2 and has a huge selection for you. Cliff has generously donated over 50 items to the F3k raffle. Models, to gift certificates- Atlanta hobby comes through huge! Thanks Cliff for your support!

Be sure to check out RC Radio Network at http://www.rcradionetwork.com/

Currently playing? "All along the watchtower" - Jimi Hendrix

"24 hour a day Music and a live weekly broadcast called "Air Show" the internets premiere, live, interactive talk show where you are part of the show via interactive chats, phone calls, and multimedia visuals. Air Show host interesting guests from all over the world and they are here to meet you personally. Listen in and be a part of the action. See the Show Schedule page for info."

The f3k team is currently working on scheduling guest appearances on the network for February, March and April. WE WILL make a celebrity out of George Morris!

What do you guys think of having a Junior Team Radio Hour?????

Speaking of the Junior Team- Lee, Nick, David- I need your pictures for the website.

seid@mkcapllc.com
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2011, 08:46 PM
Where is the lift?
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2005
6,354 Posts
Thank you Cliff and Bob!!!

Charlie
cptsnoopy is online now Find More Posts by cptsnoopy
Old Jan 22, 2011, 09:25 PM
Turn down for what?
Joined Feb 2004
14,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Seid View Post
im asking nicely, politely..... stick this thread. little help?
Phil's DLG map thread is now unstuck. Kenny and I (and maybe more) requested that to happen. I requested to have this thread stuck. Maybe more need to jump in too?

Ryan