HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 27, 2011, 09:21 AM
moreno valley california
Joined Jun 2008
296 Posts
congrats! Either DX 6 or DX 7 (the new or old one) will fly it and be far easier to dial in to your personal preferences. A lot of guys use a "hot" set up in idle up, which makes for a very snappy 3D capable heli, but isn't the best for learning. Normal mode is tough to learn on because you get a throttle and pitch change with stick movement, rather than just pitch. Thus, for learning, you want to be in idle up but dial down the head speed. The DX 7 will allow you move into larger nitro helis, which may or may not be on your radar screen. I have to warn you, though, these 450s are a gateway drug. it only gets worse....
koppterX is offline Find More Posts by koppterX
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2011, 04:34 PM
Joined Jun 2011
3 Posts
Thanks koppterX This is my 5th heli. However, the 450 is the largest heli I have had. Your right, it is a gateway to larger heli's. Planning on trying to get a AT-rex 550e next Shhhhh, don't tell my wife! LOL!!!!!
MrCBEjr is offline Find More Posts by MrCBEjr
Last edited by MrCBEjr; Jun 27, 2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old Jul 04, 2011, 09:05 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kclo4 View Post
Steven, I spoke with you on the phone earlier. I am located in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

I stopped frequenting the local shops after the one I liked closed down and the rest really don't have a unique selection of anything and are horribly over priced.

If they can get one in stock at a competative price to an online dealer then I may pick one up locally.

Thanks
For those folks in Michigan we have the RTF Hausler Helicopter, part number HAU450V2RTF2 from Cermark in stock at our retail store, Flightline. If you are outside of Michigan we have them available on our website, quantities are limited, but currently we do have them in stock.
Check here for details: RTF Hausler Helicopter

Hope that helps
Max
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 06, 2011, 11:58 AM
moreno valley california
Joined Jun 2008
296 Posts
i have it from the source that cermark is having a warehouse sale on sat at its facility in santa fe springs. in addition to great deals, steve is awarding a 2011 Saleen Mustang for every 20th customer. See you there!

www.cermark.com
Old Aug 14, 2011, 05:10 PM
Joined Aug 2011
1 Posts
Has anyone had problems with the USB programming cable burning up? I just picked up the heli today and was going through everything, I plugged in the cable, the red light came on and then it went out and got VERY hot to the touch. Now when i plug it in, the red light doesn't come on and it only shows up for a moment then acts like it's not plugged in.
ablank is offline Find More Posts by ablank
Old Sep 05, 2011, 09:39 PM
Joined Aug 2011
25 Posts
Does anyone have a pic of the Hasler kit
bbbbbbbrad777 is offline Find More Posts by bbbbbbbrad777
Old Sep 06, 2011, 09:16 AM
Joined Sep 2007
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbbbrad777 View Post
Does anyone have a pic of the Hasler kit
i dont have a pic of one unassembled the only kit i have is partially build but if you just want to see what comes along and what it looks like and all here is the builders manual with pictures and all. hope that helps, just remember you only get heli no electronics or engine in the kit. i personally bought the RTF version and then got the kit as a crash kit, have had to use a few parts off it so my 'kit' is no longer complete. i am fairly new to helis, but see where the kit is definitely an affordable start for a nice heli, i love mine flies nice and smooth have had no problems out of the parts, i give it an A+ for quality, and cermarks customer support is VERY GOOD
prowler1976200 is offline Find More Posts by prowler1976200
Last edited by prowler1976200; Sep 06, 2011 at 09:22 AM.
Old Sep 07, 2011, 09:00 AM
moreno valley california
Joined Jun 2008
296 Posts
Hi guys, nice to see this thread resurrected. i wrote the above manual and tried to make it as inclusive as possible. if there are things that I missed, please post them. the kit is complete, as a kit. no electronics. the frame is carbon, whereas the RTF is metal. otherwise, except the for the color, the mechanics are the same.

AND....if you live in the so cal area and you want to fly a 450 without risking your own pocketbook, bring your AMA card to the Hemet Model Masters Ryan Field this sunday (9/11). steve is bringing down a bunch of hauslers to fly. we'll be there to help and answer questions about set-up. bring some water too, because it gets very hot out there, although there is plenty of shade at the field. hope to see you there.

Paul
Old Sep 16, 2011, 11:25 PM
Joined Jun 2011
3 Posts
Hausler 450 Servo

Has anybody had problems with servo's? I have already had two go out with less than 5 hours of flight time on the heli.
j.curt is offline Find More Posts by j.curt
Old Oct 21, 2011, 03:36 PM
United States, UT, Bountiful
Joined Sep 2011
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.curt View Post
Has anybody had problems with servo's? I have already had two go out with less than 5 hours of flight time on the heli.
when i first got my hausler after three flights my tail servo when out. I just decided to buy a savox servo instead. haven't had any tail servo issues again. (cermark was very helpful in getting me a replacement, still have it as a backup.)

sometime later on one of my cyclic servos did go. I then replaced with stock mg servo and sometime later the same servo went out again.

i got tired of replacing and replaced all servo to savox. i found that the stock zd mg on the cyclic servos twitched. your better to invest in better servos.

have had no issues. (now the heli is all digital servos)
the crasher is offline Find More Posts by the crasher
Last edited by the crasher; Oct 21, 2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 03:46 PM
United States, UT, Bountiful
Joined Sep 2011
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Chao View Post
MRROCK42: Currently all of the RTF (ready to fly) come with radio & receiver... Where are you located? Is there a favorite local hobby store that you like working with? Let me talk to the local store to see if we can work something out for you.

ESTARTER: Sorry to learn that you got a Mode 1 instead of Mode2. All of the RTF kits that leaves here have been flown and tested in Mode 2. So obviously we screwed up... sorry. Let me know what we can do to correct the situation for ya.

Peace,
Steven Chao,
CERMARK
quick question. when will the crash kits be in stock again?
the crasher is offline Find More Posts by the crasher
Old Oct 21, 2011, 04:39 PM
Commander4
United States, CA, Golden Hills
Joined Oct 2011
20 Posts
New Hausler 450 SE V2

I just received my new Hausler 450 SE V2 RC Helicopter and I am in the process of going thru it to double check everything. I am new to RC Helis but flew RC Airplanes about ten years ago. Boy have things changed! I have read all of the posts on this blog and have learned a great deal about what to watch out for, and hopefully have learned from others mistakes. I made a set of Training Gear but I am waiting for the first flight until after I make sure everything is okay on the bird. I also have a Coax Double Horse Heli and have had some trouble with broken parts etc. I am waiting to pick up a pitch gauge to check the pitch setting, and will double check the radio settings prior to the first flight. I am glad to see Cermark stands behind thier stuff, and I can't wait to attend one of thier demostrations. I live in Southern California.
Commander4 is offline Find More Posts by Commander4
Old Oct 21, 2011, 06:25 PM
CERMARK
Joined Apr 2004
667 Posts
Mid Nov.

Peace,
Steven Chao,
CERMARK
Steven Chao is offline Find More Posts by Steven Chao
Old Nov 06, 2011, 07:20 PM
United States, IL, Harrisburg
Joined Oct 2011
60 Posts
V2 / v2 SE

Whats the difference between the V2 and the SE V2?
Ruff Ryda is offline Find More Posts by Ruff Ryda
Old Nov 07, 2011, 01:21 PM
CERMARK
Joined Apr 2004
667 Posts
V2 = belt drive & 4mm feathering shaft.
SE V2 is the version that we sell. Currently we are on RTF3.

Peace,
Steven Chao.
Steven Chao is offline Find More Posts by Steven Chao