HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:17 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookeay View Post
Anything but the metal..first bump and it twist....I like the glass just as well as the carbon.
Thanks for your feedback. Most of the sets coming from Cermark were the metal frame. Recently we are seeing the glass fiber (looks smooth, dark black) you have to look closely to see it is fiber. You can tell because the edges look cut, not stamped as the metal frame is. The CF version side plates are easy to recognize as the weave of the CF is clearly visible.

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Parkflying; Feb 03, 2013 at 09:29 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:19 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,623 Posts
Yeah, they probably were correct, I didn't change anything except for dual rates, but did not think doing that would have made other changes. If I had left it alone I probably would have been able to hover it. But still not my fault just for wanting to apply dual rates. Like everyone here said, You have to go over each RTF heli thoroughly and check everything. I should have ignored this and just flown it. But then it would have loose screws as well, so I can't win. It's a nice product at a nice price, I see many many people fly them, just was unlucky I guess.

I guess the recommendation, and the one I will make on this forum is DON'T touch it and fly it! Don't check anything!
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:26 AM
Joined Dec 2008
966 Posts
Metal vs Glass Fiber vs Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Carbon Fiber is the hot material now, I would go that way if costs allow. No aluminum frame. Will make it look like a dated design. And that radio needs better software. It made changes that I did not make. I saw these changes after I crashed the heli and hooked the radio back up to the computer to check settings. This software bug likely caused my crash because I had little to no control of the heli. I know it's a great purchase for many and because of this reputation is why I bought it. But it was another useless bum purchase for me. When it get it set up again with my radio and fly it I will get a video and prove it.
Yes I agree, the GF or CF is the way we thought we would go, but the uniformed buyer is looking at just price. I had a buyer refuse the CF version we had in stock that was selling at the metal frame verson cost because he was told metal frame was better; there was no changing their mind.

We don't want to stock all three versions so we have to decide which version to import and stay with that one.

Because we bench test and test fly every helicopter we ship, we don't have the buyer issues you experienced. I won't say we haven't had to replace DOA or Factory Defect, but these types of issues are minimal because of our pre shipping bench testing

Online sales are unique regarding this product. Our online purchases have all been the RTF version; at the retail counter our most popular version is the ARF version without the radio. Buyers like set it up with their own radio.

Thanks for your input

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:32 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,623 Posts
Oh, I see, you are not with Cermark, just a retailer. Yeah. I don't know what happened with mine. But I am convinced if the setup had been right, I should have been able to hover it. The heli guys at my field also think that my performance with this bird did not reflect what they saw as my skill level. Of course they were quick to blame the flybar head, but that is neither here nor there. Sorry if I sound sour, I just already had several kits and bought this one because I expected it to just fly, and it didn't. Wish I had a heli kid down the street I could pay $30 to set it up for me. I'm a workind dad of 2 and free time is just not there. Right now I am watching my 3 year old little girl while mom is at work and if bring the heli in the house to work on it, she will come over and steal parts and run. Oh well... So RCgroups is my RC fix right now.

I did take tomorrow off, however, and mom knows that day is mine.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:52 AM
Joined Dec 2008
966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Oh, I see, you are not with Cermark, just a retailer. Yeah. I don't know what happened with mine. But I am convinced if the setup had been right, I should have been able to hover it. The heli guys at my field also think that my performance with this bird did not reflect what they saw as my skill level. Of course they were quick to blame the flybar head, but that is neither here nor there. Sorry if I sound sour, I just already had several kits and bought this one because I expected it to just fly, and it didn't. Wish I had a heli kid down the street I could pay $30 to set it up for me. I'm a workind dad of 2 and free time is just not there. Right now I am watching my 3 year old little girl while mom is at work and if bring the heli in the house to work on it, she will come over and steal parts and run. Oh well... So RCgroups is my RC fix right now.

I did take tomorrow off, however, and mom knows that day is mine.
Yes we are a retailer as well as the Factory Authorized Distributor for serveral product lines. We are working direct with the factory to try to get productline available from us because we are a qualified, reliable source that knows how to support their products and their customers.

You are correct. We agree that a buyer's expectations of a purchase should be meet as closely as possible. If the product is advertised as RTF, I would, as a buyer expect it to be Ready to Fly. Not maybe ready to fly with adjustments or almost ready to fly after it was setup by an expert. - Open the box and add batteries and fly it. - assuming that the buyer will take the time to learn to hover or has mastered the basic skills. RC Helicopters are not easy to fly; no need to compound the difficulty with a Model that is not setup properly.

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:46 AM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying View Post
Additionally we are looking the the 500 class helicopter available from Hausler Factory.

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
I would be careful with the 500 line
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1677252
I have had one and the electronics where not to good on it.
the internal BEC failed on it when setting it up
the tail servo was not strong enough to handle the tail
they don't offer the CF canopy for it anymore only the plastic one.
the tail bearings are loose in the housing.
Dont get me wrong I would own another one
Black_heart is offline Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:57 AM
Joined Dec 2008
966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_heart View Post
I would be careful with the 500 line
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1677252
I have had one and the electronics where not to good on it.
the internal BEC failed on it when setting it up
the tail servo was not strong enough to handle the tail
they don't offer the CF canopy for it anymore only the plastic one.
the tail bearings are loose in the housing.
Dont get me wrong I would own another one
Wow! great information that will help us evaluate the 500 version. did you have the plastic head / tail version or the metal head /tail version ? How recent was the purchase ? Did your version have the 60amp ESC with the 22.2 v battery? Do you know that size or specs on the tail servo you got with the helicopter?

Thanks

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:23 AM
Texas NewB
Joined Dec 2011
896 Posts
It was the all metal version
1 x 500 Helicopter Kit (suitable for 3D 6 CH)
1 x 6CH 2.4GHZTX & RX FS-CT6B
1 x outrunner brushless motor 1600KV
1 x 60A ESC
1 X lipo BATTERY 2650MAH 22.2V 30-60C
3 x servo S9001
1 x servo S9257
1 x headlock gyro (ZD720)
2 x Glass Fiber 430mm Main Blade
2 x Plastic 80mm Tail Blade
1 x Canopy( Color may Change without notice)
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:48 AM
Joined Dec 2008
966 Posts
Quote:
It was the all metal version
1 x 500 Helicopter Kit (suitable for 3D 6 CH)
1 x 6CH 2.4GHZTX & RX FS-CT6B
1 x outrunner brushless motor 1600KV
1 x 60A ESC
1 X lipo BATTERY 2650MAH 22.2V 30-60C
3 x servo S9001
1 x servo S9257
1 x headlock gyro (ZD720)
2 x Glass Fiber 430mm Main Blade
2 x Plastic 80mm Tail Blade
1 x Canopy( Color may Change without notice)
Interesting. Thanks for the input

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:52 AM
Texas NewB
Joined Dec 2011
896 Posts
It was RTF
took a long time to get it to me
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:03 PM
Joined Dec 2008
966 Posts
Quote:
It was RTF
took a long time to get it to me
Thanks again so much. Your experience and feedback has been very valuable to us. We will tackle these issues with the factory when they return from their 2 week spring festival. We are getting the 500SE like yours for samples sent express. We haven't added them to our Ocean Container shipment yet, as we wanted few samples to "kick" around.

thanks again so very much

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:19 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,623 Posts
OK, brushing up on setup on my Hausler. I didn't adjust much, it's pretty much a copy of the settings from my 0ther 450 heli. It acts like it did before. IT seems to have too much pitch. Isn't 10 degrees (I am eyeballing it with a guage the best I can) a bit too much at full collective? My other heli is set to 7.5 degrees at full collective. The headspeed seemed a bit low and too much pitch can cause that and a lack of control authority. Should I reduce the max pitch in my radio settings? I want to be able to maximize headspeed as this will increase stability and control authority. I might try to fly it again tomorrow. But I just don't feel like it. I'm starting to feel little gun shy and I'm all ready to crash in my head. It's not the right state of mind but I want to keep trying. I'm meeting with a new local flyer tomorrow that flies 450 clones so this might be a good thing. I'm just going to let him look at it. I might fly it, might not. I have to not care to be able to do it. If I crash it again I can always fix it again. I like fixing them, but I have a feeling that flying them is fun too!

Now I also have my other 450 clone ready to go as well. Tail issue is sorted out it has a HK450GT V2 tail unit now.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:31 PM
Always puts it on the numbers.
United States, AL, Sylacauga
Joined Jul 2012
1,136 Posts
You have the TH9X???? I think you do, Go into your Aux-Ch seting and make Ch5 HOV THRO,,,, this will trim your gyro settings tail wag and all that........ and set Ch 6 to PIT TRIM. That will be your front left knob, it will help you fine tune your pitch once you get a rough setup... this is what it did for me. Back on the HOV THRO on Ch 5, I set mine about 1/4 turn up.
Spookeay is offline Find More Posts by Spookeay
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:43 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,623 Posts
Yes, the Turnigy 9x. Using stock firmware, but I have another 9x with ER9x, not using that for now as I am just learning it and it's quite complicated. As far as your suggestions, I'm already that far I think. CH5 already controls my gyro gain, I understand how that works. I have not activated the pitch trim, because I'm not sure how that works and I think that's not necessary with proper setup. Am I wrong? Does that tweak the center pitch point irrespective of throttle? Sorry, you're a huge help. I'm one of those that has to understand the entire how and why of what I am doing. My concern was the RANGE of pitch, that I have too much, not the points at which they activate. I am more comfortable adjusting these at the pitch and throttle curve screens.
Wait a sec, I think the max pitch settings are in the manual. Now where did I put that thing....
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:51 PM
Always puts it on the numbers.
United States, AL, Sylacauga
Joined Jul 2012
1,136 Posts
Max should be no more than +12 in most cases and +5 at hover or Mid throttle. As for the pitch trim it will add or subtract about +4 -4 from your pitch curve over the full range. I like to set mine up by the book and then find my sweet spot. or if I get into some wind gust all of a sudden I like to pitch it down to get my head speed up to help in that wind.
Spookeay is offline Find More Posts by Spookeay