HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 14, 2011, 12:55 AM
Berkeley, CA
Joined Nov 2004
1,895 Posts
The RTF Hausler 450 v2 I got is loctite from factory, from the pre-flight check, I went thru every nut and screw.
estarter is offline Find More Posts by estarter
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2011, 01:24 PM
Joined Sep 2007
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeblu View Post
prowler1976200 With any of these helis align/any name brand or clone be it rtf or a kit first rule is always check for locktite on all metal to metal connections before your first flight even if it is quote "ready to fly" we all learn this real quick. Use blue locktite

i normally would do this too, but the particular one i got was a demo model which i had personally seen flown several times. i talked to the hobby shop where i got it the other day. and was told by the owner that they have had that happen to 4 of the hauslers they have sold. and was told by "them" (I assume he means the suppliers) that it is not uncommon, so now he is telling everyone to be sure and loctite or check them.

on a side note when i bought the hausler kit (for spare parts) when you look at manual it does say in there to pull the screws in the blade clamps, and loctite them then put back in. maybe the rtf should have that labeled somewhere too?

the worst part of the mishap was the loss of a set of carbon blades. like i said i normally go over any plane/or heli i buy but this one had several flights on it already so figured it was good to go... should not have passed up a critical step.... would have saved a set of $30 blades that i could have broke some other way......lol
prowler1976200 is offline Find More Posts by prowler1976200
Old May 15, 2011, 11:19 PM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined May 2011
12 Posts
What is currently the best online vendor to order this RTF from?

I saw one in a hobby shop in Colorado while on business before I had researched it and committed on my next heli and now I wish I picked it up.

Thanks
kclo4 is offline Find More Posts by kclo4
Old May 16, 2011, 02:38 PM
CERMARK
Joined Apr 2004
667 Posts
Although we have the best intentions of having a good RTF, we will screw up. So it never hurts to double check.

As for why we don't have this kit on our website, because we try to make it a priority for YOUR LOCAL hobby shop. Ideally, you will constantly go back to them and they can supply your parts quickly by keep their inventory stocked (as part of service). However, you guys do raise several good points in regards to having a point of reference. I will try to have it up later this week.

After receiving, and reading many suggestions from customers. We are about to do away with the RTF version 1. We will go into version 2 this week. There is a price difference. However, as a flyer you will be getting a few things more in exchange.

The 3 biggest differences between RTF1 and RTF2 standard equipments are;
a. 3 x ZD-S0009M (metal gear servos).
b. carbon fiber tail fin set (vertical & horizontal).
c. AC power supply for the DC charger.

The new HAUSLER PART# will be HAU450V2RTF2. The retail price will be around $250.

Peace,
Steven Chao
CERMARK
Steven Chao is offline Find More Posts by Steven Chao
Old May 16, 2011, 02:43 PM
CERMARK
Joined Apr 2004
667 Posts
kclo4: which local hobby shop do you frequent. we will try to contact them so that they will have this for your future visit.

Peace,
Steven Chao,
CERMARK
Old May 16, 2011, 03:32 PM
Joined May 2011
12 Posts
Steven, I spoke with you on the phone earlier. I am located in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

I stopped frequenting the local shops after the one I liked closed down and the rest really don't have a unique selection of anything and are horribly over priced.

If they can get one in stock at a competative price to an online dealer then I may pick one up locally.

Thanks
Old May 17, 2011, 02:57 PM
Joined May 2011
12 Posts
Any word on sourcing these local to Albuquerque or online for the best price?

Thanks
Old May 18, 2011, 02:19 PM
CERMARK
Joined Apr 2004
667 Posts
kclos: Bobby from Hobby Proz (2225 Wyoming Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87112) is working on it. If you give him a call at (505) 332-3797, he might be able to speed it up for ya.

As for pricing, ask Bobby. If you get the new version from us, it will cost you $250 + S&H. So ask him what is the best he can do for you. He is an easy going.

Peace,
Steven Chao,
CERMARK
Old May 18, 2011, 02:31 PM
CERMARK
Joined Apr 2004
667 Posts
Love to see some of you guys at the WSE Fun Fly Event (Apollo Field) with your electric stuff - June 3-5. http://www.westernefly.com/

Peace,
Steven Chao,
CERMARK
Old Jun 16, 2011, 06:36 PM
Joined Jun 2011
3 Posts
Has anybody had issue's with the radio that come's with this heli? I like the way this heli fly's and the price for the RTR. However, two of my friends and myself have had problems with the radios. Each one of us are experiencing problems with the copter spooling up with the throttle stick all the way down as well as the throttle trim (as they should be). This happened to me after around 50 flights with no crashes or radio problems.

Lost programming possibly? Any idea's?
MrCBEjr is offline Find More Posts by MrCBEjr
Old Jun 16, 2011, 09:06 PM
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2010
1,272 Posts
>Each one of us are experiencing problems with the copter spooling up with the throttle stick all the way down as well as the throttle trim (as they should be).

I don't have this heli, but it comes with a CT6 transmitter doesnt it? If so, then the problem is that when you have throttle hold turned on, the signal going to the ESC is -100% (channels all range from -100 to +100). When you turn off throttle hold, even with the stick down, trim down, and the throttle curve at 0, the xmitter still puts out about -85% or so on the throttle channel. So what happens is that as soon as you turn off throttle hold, your throttle channel increases by 15%, and the motor starts turning.

That's probably all it is. To know for sure, simply plug in the heli with throttle hold off. Once the esc initializes, turn on throttle hold again until your ready to take off.
monkeyhanger is offline Find More Posts by monkeyhanger
Old Jun 16, 2011, 09:47 PM
Joined Jan 2008
208 Posts
try wiggling the sticks around their full range (with the tx off)... sometimes there is a bit of 'static' build up that decreases the stick range. This always fixes my Futaba EX6H.
ccsteehee is offline Find More Posts by ccsteehee
Old Jun 17, 2011, 12:32 AM
CERMARK
Joined Apr 2004
667 Posts
The throttle switch must be in the off position, stick should be in the lowest position before binding. This is the case because every radio and ESC mfgs are different. So, what works for Align or Castle may not work with HAUSLER.

Peace,
Steven Chao,
CERMARK
Old Jun 17, 2011, 10:58 AM
Berkeley, CA
Joined Nov 2004
1,895 Posts
Check and make sure the flight mode switch is at ' N ' position, the throttle stick and throttle trim at the lowest position in the transmitter before power up the heli. Once the esc is armed, the motor will run at full speed if the flight mode switch is on ' 1 ' position, be careful not to bump the switch accidentally.

BTW, the throttle lock (kill) switch at the right will cut off the motor, does not matter what position of the flight mode switch and the positin of the throttle stick.
estarter is offline Find More Posts by estarter
Old Jun 27, 2011, 12:02 AM
Joined Jun 2011
3 Posts
Well, I dropped my heli off to my local Hobby store (Hobby Hut). They set my heli back up and it is flying great. I have put 10 flights on it with out any issue's! This is a great heli. However, I will be switching to a DX6 or DX7 soon ;-)
MrCBEjr is offline Find More Posts by MrCBEjr