SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 26, 2011, 02:07 PM
CERMARK
Joined Apr 2004
667 Posts
alright, we should be seeing you mowing lawns soon.

Peace,
Steven Chao,
CERMARK
Steven Chao is offline Find More Posts by Steven Chao
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2011, 10:46 PM
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Apr 2011
31 Posts
what replacement battery I can use instead of the stock one that came with the bird??
I am looking to find out if the 20-30 cell battery have any advantage.

Thanks in advance
SK
resqjock1 is offline Find More Posts by resqjock1
Old Apr 29, 2011, 11:37 AM
moreno valley california
Joined Jun 2008
301 Posts
the short is answer is, no, there is no advantage at the stage you are at. for simple hovering and light forward flight, 20 C work fine. I have a number of friends with 450s and various levels of ability and they like the Amped Up 20C packs.
koppterX is offline Find More Posts by koppterX
Old Apr 29, 2011, 07:00 PM
CERMARK
Joined Apr 2004
667 Posts
20C and 30C means that the battery pack has the discharge capability of 20 times the capacity and 30 times the capacity. Therefore if you have a 2200mah LiPo at 20C and 30C, then the 20C will be able to produce a 20x2200mah = 44,000mah = 44 Amp discharg rate, while teh 30C will be able to produce a 30 x 2200mah = 66,000mah = 66 Amp discharge rate. Now the question is how much can your motor and ESC handle???

Peace,
Steven Chao,
CERMARK
Steven Chao is offline Find More Posts by Steven Chao
Old Apr 30, 2011, 10:46 PM
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Apr 2011
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by koppterX View Post
the short is answer is, no, there is no advantage at the stage you are at. for simple hovering and light forward flight, 20 C work fine. I have a number of friends with 450s and various levels of ability and they like the Amped Up 20C packs.
OK, I have the amped up packs myself

Thanks again
Old Apr 30, 2011, 10:48 PM
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Apr 2011
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Chao View Post
20C and 30C means that the battery pack has the discharge capability of 20 times the capacity and 30 times the capacity. Therefore if you have a 2200mah LiPo at 20C and 30C, then the 20C will be able to produce a 20x2200mah = 44,000mah = 44 Amp discharg rate, while teh 30C will be able to produce a 30 x 2200mah = 66,000mah = 66 Amp discharge rate. Now the question is how much can your motor and ESC handle???

Peace,
Steven Chao,
CERMARK
Steven - Thanks for the detailed explanation. That helps allot

SK
Old May 01, 2011, 10:17 AM
Joined Sep 2007
24 Posts
blade grips

ok so i think the heli gods hate me, after a pretty bumpy start with my hausler 450, i did some reading and made some changes to my tx, and moved the links on the control arms for less throw to tone it down a bit (i am just learning to fly helis). of course the heli has taken a few knocks but nothing major. i got a couple of rotor strikes in but the screw in the main shaft that runs through the rotor head broke both times, and after replacing said bolt both times a thorough check showed everything seemed fine, no undo vibration in the rotor assembly or anything like that. so today i tried my new setup in my living room (yes i tried it in the house) and it went amazingly well the new setup made the heli more stable for me, and i was able to sustain a hover while not extremely stable, i was flying, i finally made it through more then half a batt pack without a mishap or crash. on my third pack prolly 2 mins in suddenly the main rotors let go, after the initial shock of what just happened because i did not hit anything or even graze a peice of furniture, i realised the blade grips had come lose.

no since i was inside i was able to find all the peices (that were all over the living room) best i can tell one of the screws holding the blade grips onm came lose? i am wondering if anyone has an exploded veiw of the parts, the screw, washers and bearing behind the blade stayed there because the blade was still on the grip. and by the looks of things i had everything that went in between the grip and the rotor head. (a rubber gromet? and a washer?) i would like to make sure i have all the parts because once i put it together it seems to have about an 1/8 inch maybe less of slop back and forth. when i bought the RTF i also bought a kit for parts. and the rotor head on it has no slop in the grips i can tell. everything seems straight and what not on the rtf, so hate to change the assembly out now, btw the rotors were destroyed in the incident. has anyone else had this happen? maybe the screws wer not locktite from factory?

sorry for such long post

btw i think the heli is awsome, it has taken a few hard knocks, and still goes like a champ
prowler1976200 is offline Find More Posts by prowler1976200
Last edited by prowler1976200; May 01, 2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old May 01, 2011, 10:43 AM
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Apr 2011
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler1976200 View Post
ok so i think the heli gods hate me, after a pretty bumpy start with my hausler 450, i did some reading and made some changes to my tx, and moved the links on the control arms for less throw to tone it down a bit (i am just learning to fly helis). of course the heli has taken a few knocks but nothing major. i got a couple of rotor strikes in but the screw in the main shaft that runs through the rotor head broke both times, and after replacing said bolt both times a thorough check showed everything seemed fine, no undo vibration in the rotor assembly or anything like that. so today i tried my new setup in my living room (yes i tried it in the house) and it went amazingly well the new setup made the heli more stable for me, and i was able to sustain a hover while not extremely stable, i was flying, i finally made it through more then half a batt pack without a mishap or crash. on my third pack prolly 2 mins in suddenly the main rotors let go, after the initial shock of what just happened because i did not hit anything or even graze a peice of furniture, i realised the blade grips had come lose.

no since i was inside i was able to find all the peices (that were all over the living room) best i can tell one of the screws holding the blade grips onm came lose? i am wondering if anyone has an exploded veiw of the parts, the screw, washers and bearing behind the blade stayed there because the blade was still on the grip. and by the looks of things i had everything that went in between the grip and the rotor head. (a rubber gromet? and a washer?) i would like to make sure i have all the parts because once i put it together it seems to have about an 1/8 inch maybe less of slop back and forth. when i bought the RTF i also bought a kit for parts. and the rotor head on it has no slop in the grips i can tell. everything seems straight and what not on the rtf, so hate to change the assembly out now, btw the rotors were destroyed in the incident. has anyone else had this happen? maybe the screws wer not locktite from factory?

sorry for such long post

btw i think the heli is awsome, it has taken a few hard knocks, and still goes like a champ
Check the search and look up hausler 450. There is a thread that has PDF links on this bird.

Hope this helps

SK
Old May 01, 2011, 10:46 AM
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Apr 2011
31 Posts
Prowler - Sorry, ignore my last reply. The PDF links are on the page 1 of this thread. Steven Chao posted them

Sorry for the mix up
SK
Old May 01, 2011, 11:22 AM
Joined Sep 2007
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by resqjock1 View Post
Check the search and look up hausler 450. There is a thread that has PDF links on this bird.

Hope this helps

SK
loli had those downloaded and looked through them and right past the exploded veiw of the assembly (DOH) anyhow looks like there is 2 washers on either side between the blade clamps not just one, this may be where my play is coming from, time to go search the carpet some more
Old May 04, 2011, 10:58 AM
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Apr 2011
31 Posts
wobble at start up

As you all know, I am new to this sport.

I might be "looking for a needle in a haystack", I just flew my new Hausler 450 yesterday, right out of the box and as I throttle up the bird wobbles, but as I continue to throttle up the wobbles goes away.

I do have a training kit attached and I expect some vibration do to that fact, but this wobble appears like something is out of balance.

Can anyone offer suggestions as to what it might be?? I thought the Hausler 450 RTF is "right out of the box" ready to fly.

SK
Old May 04, 2011, 08:31 PM
Joined Sep 2007
24 Posts
the wobble are the blades settling into place. if you wobble goes away as you get to power i would not worry about it personally, mine does same thing, that is why we throttle up slowly to fast and damage and/or tip can occur from the wobble, of course i am new to the heli side of the sport myself, but this is what i have read in the manual i believe.

one other thing since on topic of vibrations, make sure your esc plug to your battery is not rubbing on the airframe any, apperantly mine was, and it resulted in the ground wire on the esc breaking, i had to splice, and solder it back together, my helo was a demo and they had the bat wire run from the esc threw the side of the frame and connecting just underneath the battery, this allowed the wire to rub on the edge of the frame aperantly, since the splice i now run it on the oursde of the right side of the helo frame (facing from behind helo) and connect it outside the frame, but still under canopy
Last edited by prowler1976200; May 04, 2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old May 05, 2011, 08:28 AM
moreno valley california
Joined Jun 2008
301 Posts
the wobble is normal, and happens with all helis, regardless of size. the blade settling is one reason, some negative pitch as they accelerate is another. in any case, nothing to worry about. make sure that your blades are reasonably tight - they should move slightly if flicked with your finger.
koppterX is offline Find More Posts by koppterX
Old May 13, 2011, 09:58 PM
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Apr 2011
31 Posts
Well after doing so additional research, I found out my main rotor shaft was bent. Changed it out and all is go again.

SK
Old May 13, 2011, 10:15 PM
banging head on wall
Joined Feb 2010
1,199 Posts
prowler1976200 With any of these helis align/any name brand or clone be it rtf or a kit first rule is always check for locktite on all metal to metal connections before your first flight even if it is quote "ready to fly" we all learn this real quick. Use blue locktite
skyeblu is offline Find More Posts by skyeblu