HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:19 PM
Berkeley, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.x. View Post
I am looking to set-up mine with a Hitec Aurora A9. Has anyone converted theirs over to this radio?
I don't have the Aurora, I know someone fly the Hausler 450 v2 with Hitec radio. I plan to convert mine to Spektrum.
estarter is offline Find More Posts by estarter
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2011, 08:49 AM
moreno valley california
Joined Jun 2008
301 Posts
Geez - sorry about your experience, but the best thing to do would be to contact cermark and explain the situation. not sure what you mean by going into the house...it sure sounds like it lost its bind. anyway, call the folks at cermark and see what they can do for you...i've had good experiences with them. a lot of folks have been happy with the hausler, no reason you can't be one more.
koppterX is offline Find More Posts by koppterX
Old Mar 01, 2011, 10:42 AM
Berkeley, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geezisbolt View Post
I hope I am alone in this experience. I took a chance and ordered a Hausler 450 from an online RC store. It arrived last week and I was relatively impressed for the price. After having to wait until the weekend to fly, I was anxious. I am relatively new to heli's having flown some smaller fixed pitch and an Axe CP v3 for a few months. The Hausler flew beautifully. Very stable and predictable. I thought I had found my dream heli. I went into the house for about 1 minute and came back out. The servos were going kind of nutty moving about. When I attempted to slowly raise the throttle, the thing went nuts, spooling up to 100% power with no collective. It then rolled on its side and thrashed itself into pieces. And no, the throttle up/hold was not on; everything as it was before. I believe i raised the throttle about 1/4" is all. It just went all the way up. Anybody heard of these things doing this? I am debating as to whether to buy another one or just go with a Blade 400 or maybe a Trex if my budget will handle that much. Thanks!
Sorry to hear the crash, the generic 2.4g radio used in Hausler 450v2 has a pretty good track record, it is widely used in other RTF planes/helis like the Exceed and Century brand, we have couple flyers in my flying field use it to fly planes for over a year with no issue.

Did the Tx battery voltage too low, what is the color of the Tx LED light when it happen. Call Cermark, they have good customer service support.
estarter is offline Find More Posts by estarter
Old Mar 01, 2011, 03:37 PM
USA, MA, Oxford
Joined Jul 2010
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by estarter View Post
I don't have the Aurora, I know someone fly the Hausler 450 v2 with Hitec radio. I plan to convert mine to Spektrum.
I spent some time last night messing around with it and figured it out. Seems to be set up right with a slider for pitch and all. I have the expo set up as well so now i just ave to fly the damn thing!
mr.x. is offline Find More Posts by mr.x.
Old Mar 01, 2011, 06:24 PM
Joined Feb 2011
6 Posts
I had just thought about calling Cermark. The store that sold it to me has not responded to my emails. thanks!
geezisbolt is offline Find More Posts by geezisbolt
Old Mar 01, 2011, 06:35 PM
Joined Feb 2011
6 Posts
By the way, the batteries in the TX were new; solid green all the way.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 08:36 PM
CERMARK
Joined Apr 2004
667 Posts
*** UPDATE ***

We got finished testing and approving an all metal gear servo that is just as fast as the orginal servos, but will not strip! Let me know if you guys are interested, it is a small batch. The part # will be ZD-S009M. It will sell for $9.99 a piece. Let me know which shop if you need to pick them up at your local shops.

There are a few of you guys pushing really hard at us in making the metal gear servos available for the general public, because of the abuse these servos take during mishaps. So this is the result. So pat yourselves on the back.

I can try to ask my team to set up a special discount code to waive S&H til the end of this month (Mar). Tell our team about this post and the code "RCGROUPS-457" Please don't ask for FREE REPLACEMENT. I promise you that will not happen. However these are very good servos. They really stood up as CCPM servos (even under severe stress).

No, we are not certain if we can make these standard in the future kits, because they increase the cost of the kits DRAMATICALLY!!!! Some of you will try... then the question will be how much more are you willing to absorbe as consumers. Gas is already at $4 a gallon!!! However, our 450 can probably help you stick around the house or the local a little more... not that we are avocating flying out of designated areas.

Peace,
Steven Chao,
CERMARK
Steven Chao is offline Find More Posts by Steven Chao
Old Mar 15, 2011, 04:37 PM
Joined Feb 2011
6 Posts
When will the next batch of H-450's be ready?

How soon before the next batch of Hausler 450 RTF's are ready to go?
Old Mar 15, 2011, 05:06 PM
CERMARK
Joined Apr 2004
667 Posts
geezisbolt, which shop did you buy your HAUSLER from? If you're having issue you should give us a holler or bring the heli to us to check it out, best if you're local. You can always send it back to us to check it out.

Peace,
Steven Chao
Old Mar 16, 2011, 11:42 AM
Joined Feb 2011
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Chao View Post
geezisbolt, which shop did you buy your HAUSLER from? If you're having issue you should give us a holler or bring the heli to us to check it out, best if you're local. You can always send it back to us to check it out.

Peace,
Steven Chao
Actually, I did send in two messages to the "Contact Us" spot on the website and an email. I finally did receive something of a reply from Regina a few days ago. In the meantime however, I did receive a reply from the shop (one back east) that offered me a replacement deal that I thought very fair since there is no way I can prove I did not crash the heli (it essentially crashed itself). I am now waiting until they are back in stock. I will say that I am anxious to get another one. I am not a heli expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I was so impressed with the performance of the Hausler, I think its one great machine. I can call you to give you details on the deal if you like.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 05:44 AM
Joined May 2006
24 Posts
I'm interested in getting a Hausler 450, but they seem to stay out of stock. When I called Cermark, they had no idea when they would be in. I'd prefer to get one from my LHS, but if supply is going to be an issue, I'll just defer my purchase our go another route.

Any idea if these things are shipping again yet?
VentureForth is offline Find More Posts by VentureForth
Old Apr 22, 2011, 03:19 PM
CERMARK
Joined Apr 2004
667 Posts
I believe the helis are resting in the hands of US Customs right now. I suspect we'll be getting those from them soon. We still have to QC and fly them before they leave for the hobby shops. My guess is that stores will be seeing them at the end of this month.

geeisbolt: I don't want to know the details if you are comfortable with the agreement, because that is between you and your hobby shop. However, I would like to know if and only if they wronged you with our product.

Peace,
Steven Chao,
CERMARK
Old Apr 24, 2011, 02:32 PM
Joined Apr 2011
2 Posts
hausler 450 SE V2

hey guys just got one yesterday and i need some help got it home and started charging the lipo got up this morning and did the softwear and all that i am suppose to do to start flying and i get no GO it want spool up or any thing i looked to see if i need to bind the radio and receiver i think i did this and every thing is good still no go if some one can help Great HELP
nitroguy1965 is offline Find More Posts by nitroguy1965
Old Apr 25, 2011, 12:48 PM
CERMARK
Joined Apr 2004
667 Posts
Can you walk us through what you did (in steps) along with the current status?

Is there a reason why you are in the software, because your HAUSLER should be Ready To Fly out of the box (every HAUSLER that is out there right now has been test flown in CA).

Peace,
Steve Chao,
CERMARK
Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:19 AM
Joined Apr 2011
2 Posts
hausler 450 SE V2

well got it taken care of talk to alex yesterday great heli.
nitroguy1965 is offline Find More Posts by nitroguy1965