HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2012, 09:47 PM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
949 Posts
It was Flying fine.
Just with the new CX3X1000 gyro it did not like the vibration from the tail rotor shaft being bent.
Its not a big deal as it has been kinda Sh#@y out.
it did bother me today as it was realy nice out all day.
I do still have My blade 120SR as a back up
I did order a bunch on new cnc parts this week trying to get rid of all the plastic and just about got it all now but the battery holder and the Tail Drive Gear Set witch I well get next week.

boom block

Stabilizer Mount

Anti Rotation bracket

carbon fiber Tail Boom Brace
Black_heart is offline Find More Posts by Black_heart
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2012, 09:39 AM
United States, PA, St Marys
Joined Dec 2011
3 Posts
what is the latest version of RTF? and cost?
doc7592 is offline Find More Posts by doc7592
Old Feb 03, 2012, 09:47 AM
Texas NewB
Joined Dec 2011
949 Posts
HAUSLER 450 SE V2 RTF version2
http://www.cermark.com/products/HAUS...version2.html#
Old Feb 03, 2012, 07:36 PM
Joined Jan 2012
36 Posts
Did you get your vibration fiqured out?
mehere is offline Find More Posts by mehere
Old Feb 03, 2012, 08:03 PM
Texas NewB
Joined Dec 2011
949 Posts
Yes it was a bent tail rotor shaft.
The new one is due in any day now.
Old Feb 03, 2012, 11:21 PM
Joined Jul 2004
376 Posts
Well I have to admit having an actual heli is kinda frustrating. I'm afraid to get this bird off the ground. Something is not right with this heli. Other than checking bolt and screw tightness I haven't changed anything on the heli. When I throttle it up it wants to tip over to the right immediately. I apply full left trim and it still wants to tip right.

I installed the TX software but I'm not really sure what the settings are telling me. When I move the sticks I see multiple channels moving at one time which I did not expect. It's like several channels are bound together. I wish there was a more clear concise user guide to explain how to set this heli up properly. I can fly multirotors fine and I can fly 3d helis on simulators but I fee lost trying to set this heli up properly.
coomarlin is online now Find More Posts by coomarlin
Old Feb 03, 2012, 11:30 PM
Texas NewB
Joined Dec 2011
949 Posts
Is your swash plate level?
are you saying that if you move one stick one way more then one moves the same amount in the monitor screen?
the only one that well have more then one move at a time should be the throttle.
this is because it dose both throttle and collective pitch.
the others should only move one at a time you may see minor move ments in the ajassent due to minor movements in the sticks.
"move elevator up you may move a little aileron cause by not moving stick precisely straight up and down."
Last edited by Black_heart; Feb 03, 2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old Feb 04, 2012, 07:22 AM
Joined Jul 2005
86 Posts
When I got mine I had to tighten every screw with Loctite. Dont understand why this wasnt allready done befor they shipped it.
shurlock1 is offline Find More Posts by shurlock1
Old Feb 04, 2012, 09:30 AM
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2010
1,272 Posts
>When I move the sticks I see multiple channels moving at one time which I did not expect. It's like several channels are bound together.

Totally normal. On a collective pitch heli, the 3 cyclic servos all work together. Moving the throttle up/down affect 4 channels (throttle and 3 cyclic servos).
Moving the right stick forward will make the 2 front servos go down, and the back one will go up. Moving the right stick back will move 2 cyclic servos up, and one down. Moving the stick right will make one servo go up, and another will go down...etc etc etc.

This is called CCPM mixing...and again, totally normal.
monkeyhanger is offline Find More Posts by monkeyhanger
Old Feb 04, 2012, 10:10 AM
Joined Jul 2004
376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_heart View Post
Is your swash plate level?
are you saying that if you move one stick one way more then one moves the same amount in the monitor screen?
the only one that well have more then one move at a time should be the throttle.
this is because it dose both throttle and collective pitch.
the others should only move one at a time you may see minor move ments in the ajassent due to minor movements in the sticks.
"move elevator up you may move a little aileron cause by not moving stick precisely straight up and down."
I'm not sure if the swash plate is level or not. I'd assume not.

Here is what I did last night.
I took the both blades off, centered all sticks and trims. Pushed both switches back and set both dials to 12 o'clock. When I applied throttle the flybar did not rotate level. It rotated with the low end on the right side of the heli and the high end on the left side. Applying left aileron (I'm a plane guy) it barely made the flybar move. I put the aileron trim all the way to the left and it still wasn't enough to level out the flybar.

Is there a step by step checklist and startup proceedure thats available so I can walk through the troubleshooting step by step and zero in on what is wrong?

As for the mixed controls I'm glad to hear they are premixed and are supposed to work together. For a minute I thought it was completley jacked up.
Old Feb 04, 2012, 10:34 AM
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2010
1,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coomarlin View Post
I'm not sure if the swash plate is level or not. I'd assume not.

Here is what I did last night.
I took the both blades off, centered all sticks and trims. Pushed both switches back and set both dials to 12 o'clock. When I applied throttle the flybar did not rotate level. It rotated with the low end on the right side of the heli and the high end on the left side. Applying left aileron (I'm a plane guy) it barely made the flybar move. I put the aileron trim all the way to the left and it still wasn't enough to level out the flybar.

Is there a step by step checklist and startup proceedure thats available so I can walk through the troubleshooting step by step and zero in on what is wrong?

As for the mixed controls I'm glad to hear they are premixed and are supposed to work together. For a minute I thought it was completley jacked up.
If you want to see the mixing in action, turn the head so that the blades are 90 degrees to the boom, and the flybar is parallel with the tail boom, and also level. Hold the flybar paddles stationary, and THEN move your right stick up and down (elevator). Your main blades should change pitch.
Move the right stick left/right (aileron) and you should feel the paddles moving.

Now, turn the head so that the blades are in line with the boom, and the paddles are 90 to the boom. When you move the stick up/down, the paddles will move, and left/right stick will change blade pitch.

In other words, nothing will make sense until you hold the flybar level. If you don't, there are too many mechanical interactions and the blades and paddles will not do what is expected.

Hope that helps. Here is a good guide on the radio and heli setup:

http://rabbitsvc.com/t6ConfigurationManual.pdf
monkeyhanger is offline Find More Posts by monkeyhanger
Old Feb 04, 2012, 11:01 AM
Texas NewB
Joined Dec 2011
949 Posts
the right toggle switch is you engen cut the left toggle is your normal/stunt mode switch
your tight nob is your speed/head hold and gain for the gyro the left nob is you pitch adjust

when you push your left stick up the three servos on the swash plate should go up
when you push the left stick right/left the rudder servo well move

when you push the right stick up/down the back of the plate well rise lower
when you push the right stick left/right the two front servos counter each other(one goes up other goes down)

As for swash plate leveling you can check youtube for some videos like this
MSH Protos Swash Plate setup and leveling using TNN tool (5 min 50 sec)

as far as start up

step 1 turn on your radio
2 pull throttle stick all the way down and leave engine kill in on position.(motor can spool up)
3 Plug in the Heli
4 after the heli finish's boot up you can now set engine kill to the off position.(motor can't spool up)
set your heli where you want it set engine kill rase throttle slightly up allow heli to spool up and
after start flying.
there are allot of video's on youtube to show you way's to learn if you need them.
Old Feb 04, 2012, 12:56 PM
Texas NewB
Joined Dec 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shurlock1 View Post
When I got mine I had to tighten every screw with Loctite. Dont understand why this wasnt allready done befor they shipped it.
I would still do it even if it was suppose to be done before they ship it
Just to be sure!
Old Feb 05, 2012, 10:02 AM
Joined Jul 2004
376 Posts
After reading that configuration guide I think I may have messed up my TX settings. Does anyone know what the default settings are for TX that came with the Hausler? I made changes without using the "Get User" button. Things are acting funky now. I hear buzzing noises like servos are binding.
Old Feb 05, 2012, 10:17 AM
Texas NewB
Joined Dec 2011
949 Posts
I have a setup I posted a few pages back