SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by rccrazee, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 07:41 PM
Airshow Joe
N.W. Detroit Suburbs
Joined Feb 2009
315 Posts
Trader Rating: 28
Sold
Super Scale F-16 Fighting Falcon Edwards Airforce ARF

NEW IN BOX!!

Super Scale F-16 with 80mm fan, Outrunner motor and 45A ESC

28-1/3" wingspan, 43-1/2" long, 160-3/4 sq. in. wing area, 35 oz. flying weight. This is a super scale rendition of the USAF F-16 and includes all the quality parts for flying success. The ducted fan unit has a diameter of 80mm and the impeller has 8 dynamically balanced blades. The included Outrunner brushless motor has a Kv of 2600 and is a perfect compliment to the fan. To complete the power unit a 45 amp speed control is provided.

The first thing that you will notice when you open the box is the high level of detail. There are many injection molded plastic parts like the inlet scoop, scale landing gear legs, gear doors and wheels. The fins on the rockets and missiles are hard plastic, much more durable and better looking than the molded foam on many jets. The detail that you would expect from a display model, but this one flies, and flies beautifully.

Assembly is step-by-step and the clear illustrated instructions guide you through them of all. The items not provided in the kit are servos (5-HS65HB required), flight battery (4-cell 2200 mAh) and radio equipment (minimum 4-channels). The hardware is first class, hinges are pin-type, nose wheel steering is beautifully engineered and the servo extensions for the elevator and aileron servos are provided. The wings have carbon rod reinforcements.

The crystal clear canopy and its base form the battery hatch that is held in place with strong rare-earth magnets; access to change batteries is quick and easy. Jet comes with a complete complement of ordinance, 2-AGM-88 harm missiles, 2-AIM-120C wing tip missiles and 2-reserve drop fuel tanks. The AIM missiles are glued in place but the AGM-88's and drop tanks are held in place with magnets and are removable for flight and transport.

This is a model for the more experienced modeler that is looking for terrific scale looks and solid flight performance. Landing gear are fixed and the jet requires a smooth surface for take-offs and landings.

$140.00 SHIPPED
rccrazee is offline Find More Posts by rccrazee
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2011, 09:27 PM
A Global Force For Good
USA, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Jun 2009
730 Posts
Trader Rating: 41
I have this AC which is sadly out of production. This is one of, if not the best handling of the F16's I've flown (and I've flown a few). I far prefer this fixed HS and elevators over many of the other models that use the flying tail or elevon control. Control response is much cleaner on this model; it rolls likes it's on a rod. This is a really good choice for an everyday flyer however I recommend NOT using the gear (which does look great on the tarmac, but less so in the air) and hand or preferably, catapult launching. This is an ideal model for belly landings as its intake duct is abs plastic instead of foam.

Great deal on a really nice AC.
jmpdgs is offline Find More Posts by jmpdgs
Old Jan 17, 2011, 08:29 AM
SEFLI-GRUMMAN WINGNUT MEMBER
USA, NY, Port Jefferson Station
Joined Jul 2010
95 Posts
Trader Rating: 44
Can you post picks of gear. I would like to see the strength being that I fly off a lumpy grassy field. 1 part dirt 2 parts lump-cluster grass!! Thank you Sir!! Regards SSG.JS
josephcharles is offline Find More Posts by josephcharles
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: me setting up Mustang!!
Old Jan 17, 2011, 10:15 AM
Airshow Joe
N.W. Detroit Suburbs
Joined Feb 2009
315 Posts
Trader Rating: 28
I would have to unpack the box. Which I prefer not to do. This probably is not good for a real bumpy grass runway when using the gear.
rccrazee is offline Find More Posts by rccrazee
Old Jan 17, 2011, 04:23 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,629 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephcharles View Post
Can you post picks of gear. I would like to see the strength being that I fly off a lumpy grassy field. 1 part dirt 2 parts lump-cluster grass!! Thank you Sir!! Regards SSG.JS
pic of gear... it is sturdy (mine is in the tiger falcon scheme)
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nice Pic
Closed Thread