HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 29, 2011, 08:47 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,856 Posts
I cut a hole in the nose of the v400 for the camera, but my camera image went wavy, so I don't use it much.
Mitchie is offline Find More Posts by Mitchie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2011, 08:52 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,190 Posts
Damn back to the drawing board. It was wavey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie View Post
I cut a hole in the nose of the v400 for the camera, but my camera image went wavy, so I don't use it much.
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Jul 30, 2011, 12:22 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,664 Posts
Hey biggie,

what cam are you using? I got a stay pro and have in mounted in the nose of the canopy, and get good results. It also sits in foam so that might help with vibration, i dont know about the wavy issue.
kdean is online now Find More Posts by kdean
Old Jul 30, 2011, 07:50 AM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,190 Posts
The same kdean , but i didnt want to make a big hole in body. I am going to try a direct frame mount, cause i know its not shaking . So u filled the nose with foam.??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
Hey biggie,

what cam are you using? I got a stay pro and have in mounted in the nose of the canopy, and get good results. It also sits in foam so that might help with vibration, i dont know about the wavy issue.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 01:54 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,664 Posts
Here is a link to my blog about installing the cam. The video link is of my first test inside, but there is a better one (outside at the park) on my bahamaheli youtube channel.

www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1428890
Old Jul 30, 2011, 04:09 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,190 Posts
Yes i have seen the test video outside. I like how the blades were in the top of the video
Old Jul 30, 2011, 05:21 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
Here is a link to my blog about installing the cam. The video link is of my first test inside, but there is a better one (outside at the park) on my bahamaheli youtube channel.

www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1428890
haha, just saw the park video, i'm pretty sure you were about even with the clouds there! and your little ones are definitely not camera shy They flying any helis yet?

my little brother is 12 and i'm thinking about getting him one for a gift, but i'm not sure which. Maybe a little cb100, or do you think that would be too much to begin on? He plays tons of video games so I think he'll pick up the controls pretty quick. Any suggestions from anybody with kids or young siblings/nephews etc flying them? thanks
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Jul 30, 2011, 05:57 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,664 Posts
I got a syma 107 for my son, and he played with it for a while. Just 'skooting' and 'hopping', no real hovering or flying. He's kind like me, afraid to crash. He was dissapointed when we found that they cant fly outside. He did manage to get the baldes up against the wall, and we did replace them, but it does not fly the same anymore. It cant hold a steady hover, keeps wanting to go backwards.

When he gets older, and if he says he wants another heli, i'll get him a solo pro by nine eagles. Not coax, flies out side, comes with a case for about $100.

We'll see what happens.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 10:44 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
While the brushed motor was busy breaking-in, I fooled around with the brushless system. It seems that there is something wrong with the brand new brushless ESC. The ESC binds okay, but only runs the motor at one speed, regardless of the throttle position, and takes its time shutting down the motor when I chop the throttle. When left on, the motor quickly gets very hot, and then the ESC shuts it down. Also, no matter what I do, the brushless ESC won't let me go into programming mode -- it just complains that the voltage it too high when the throttle stick is at the 85% mark.
Hey Dilberto, I have to make a confession of absolute stupidity. I bought another brushless ESC, hooked it up to my system, and it acted the just same way as with the old brushless ESC. So, then I thought that perhaps my signal converter had gone bad, but I couldn't understand what if anything I did to kill the chip. And then, I had an idea -- I hadn't been using a Y-shaped power cable, and so I had been attaching one battery to the stock ESC and a second battery to the brushless ESC. What if, I thought, the signal converter just doesn't like having the two batteries connected to the two ESCs. I then soldered up a new Y-shaped power cable, and then attached one battery to both ESCs, and the signal converter worked just perfectly! So, it seems that all this time I've just been creating problems for myself.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Jul 30, 2011, 10:52 PM
Folding Spacetime
Joined Jul 2011
1,967 Posts
Oh, I forgot to mention that the Syma 107 is a great idea -- they can take a beating and keep on working. My daughter let one get away from her, and before she knew it the 107 was super high out over the street. It dropped like a rock and slammed onto the pavement. Powered it back up, and it works just fine. Very tough little helis.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:08 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
hey Navigator, glad to hear you finally got your brushless system up and running right! and don't feel bad, we all tend to create our own problems sometimes, just most people are too embarrassed to write about those so you don't hear about them One of my many such issues, I was scratching my head and cussing out my heli for a while because i bought analog servos instead of digital
Old Jul 31, 2011, 12:52 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
I just set up a youtube channel and posted a video of right after I installed the brushless upgrade in my v400. It was about the second battery so i wasn't quite use to all the extra power and still had some fine tuning to do on the tx, so I was trying to take it a little easy because, as exciting as it may be to watch, I really did not want to get a heli crash on video

Walkera V400d02 right after brushless upgrade (1 min 25 sec)
Old Jul 31, 2011, 06:27 AM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,190 Posts
It sounds different . I like it . But i still hope my stock motor stays good. Keep the videos coming. Wheres the flips ....... I wanna flip!!!
Old Jul 31, 2011, 01:14 PM
Folding Spacetime
Joined Jul 2011
1,967 Posts
Hi Dilberto,

Thank you for your thoughts. Say, it looks like you have a great place for flying there. Just have to watch out for that magnetic tree.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 08:28 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Hi Dilberto,

Thank you for your thoughts. Say, it looks like you have a great place for flying there. Just have to watch out for that magnetic tree.
yeah, you ain't kidding, that tree's already gotten me once. I had the v400 out and was making a turn and got too close to the tree. Being a weeping willow, it has a bunch of thin branches hanging down. All the sudden about 6 or 7 of them just fell straight to the ground and my heli started wobbling real bad. I almost had it back under complete control, but got a little too close to the fence, nicked the fence with the blades, which sent me into a full fledge crash!! Maxwells equations need to be revised to include the laws of magnetic trees