HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 26, 2011, 08:24 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,762 Posts
Hi Kdean, now thats frustrating. Sorry to hear that. A couple of months ago I was flying my Blueray and so happy I wasn't crashing any more. Then coming out of a turn The heli plowed into the ground. I found the front servo had burnd out. Yeah, it was the EXI213 that a lot of us use in the V400. I replaced the servo with HiTec and it been great ever since. I now have over 250 flights on the Blueray without any crashes. I wore out everything though.
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2011, 08:34 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
hmm, i've got those exi 213 in my 400 (and 450) and been through a lot of crashes but haven't had any issues with them yet (knock on wood). That makes me worry a bit though, has anybody else had issues with them?
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Jul 26, 2011, 08:35 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,582 Posts
Barnstorm, I would suggest you remove the rotor blades and try spinning it up again. When you spin it up, does the head wobble? I can't tell from the video, does the tail vibration seem to be in time with the main or tail rotor? I think the vibration might be coming from the tail rotor. If you take off the mains and the tail still jumps around, check the tail rotor and gear. Have you balanced the main rotor blades? Oh, and don't forget the ol' out of round main gear. I've heard some members say that sometimes, the main gear can have/cause a vibration even brand new!

kdean, sorry to hear your Walkera woes. I'm glad mine were changed out even before I bought it.
Mitchie is offline Find More Posts by Mitchie
Old Jul 26, 2011, 08:43 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
hmm, i've got those exi 213 in my 400 (and 450) and been through a lot of crashes but haven't had any issues with them yet (knock on wood). That makes me worry a bit though, has anybody else had issues with them?
diberto, it didn't strip gears, the little motor burnd out. I've had those servos on my V400 for a lot of flights now with no problem and I don't worry about them.
Unless thats my problem now;
Old Jul 26, 2011, 08:54 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie View Post
Barnstorm, I would suggest you remove the rotor blades and try spinning it up again. When you spin it up, does the head wobble? I can't tell from the video, does the tail vibration seem to be in time with the main or tail rotor? I think the vibration might be coming from the tail rotor. If you take off the mains and the tail still jumps around, check the tail rotor and gear. Have you balanced the main rotor blades? Oh, and don't forget the ol' out of round main gear. I've heard some members say that sometimes, the main gear can have/cause a vibration even brand new!

kdean, sorry to hear your Walkera woes. I'm glad mine were changed out even before I bought it.
Mitchie, I spun it up without the blades before I changed everything. There was a little wobble at about half throttle then it smooths out. Changing out everthing didn't change anything. The tail motor seem fine when I unplug the main motor and just run the tail. Its like something is bent bad This started without crashing I disassembled the feathering shaft and checked that everthing was put together right. I'm going to take the feathering shaft out and spin it up like that and see if the rotor head still wobbles.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 09:30 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
diberto, it didn't strip gears, the little motor burnd out. I've had those servos on my V400 for a lot of flights now with no problem and I don't worry about them.
Unless thats my problem now;
hmm, thanks for the info, i'll do my best to take precaution and let her rest between batteries to try to avoid burning out the servos. That bad tiny motor in the servos could very well have led to your vibration issues. oh, i finally got rid of my vibrating/wobbling issues in the v450pro, replaced a number of parts (main shaft, feathering shaft, etc) and messed with the gyro settings, and tonight she hovered like a stone in my garage (oh wait a minute, stones don't hover, but luckily the heli did )
Old Jul 26, 2011, 09:42 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,762 Posts
Quote:
hmm, thanks for the info, i'll do my best to take precaution and let her rest between batteries to try to avoid burning out the servos. That bad tiny motor in the servos could very well have led to your vibration issues. oh, i finally got rid of my vibrating/wobbling issues in the v450pro, replaced a number of parts (main shaft, feathering shaft, etc) and messed with the gyro settings, and tonight she hovered like a stone in my garage (oh wait a minute, stones don't hover, but luckily the heli did )
I don't think you should have to let the servos cool off.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:01 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
I don't think you should have to let the servos cool off.
I wouldn't think so either, but with cheap servos, who knows If those little tiny motors are super cheaply made, working them too hard may cause problems.....
Old Jul 27, 2011, 05:50 AM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,582 Posts
Mine has a slight vibration during spin up too, but when I move past that, it smooths out. If the heli doesn't shake without the rotor blades, I would re-check the balance of the rotor blades. I've received blades that were way out even brand new.
Mitchie is offline Find More Posts by Mitchie
Old Jul 27, 2011, 08:59 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Barnstorm, are your blades tracking good? I had a bent feathering shaft on my 450 that caused some vibration issues (bad, though not quite that bad, yours looks almost as bad as when I cracked the frame...). After replacing the main shaft on the 450 it still was vibrating, and although the feathering shaft looked straight in the heli (and when i turned the bolt, the other side of the shaft also turned fine), once I got it out of the heli and rolled it on a table I could tell it was a little bit uneven. I replaced that and now I get very little to no vibration (btw, very excited about a stable hover I had in my garage last night on my 450 project ) Oh, if you do take out the feathering shaft be careful, mine was a little stuck and I had to pull on it, and when it came loose all those tiny pieces of the bearings went flying everywhere. I spent most of the evening yesterday crawling around looking for them....

anyway, just another thought, i know those vibration/wobble issues can be a pain in the...
Old Jul 27, 2011, 04:52 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,762 Posts
Quote:
Barnstorm, are your blades tracking good? I had a bent feathering shaft on my 450 that caused some vibration issues (bad, though not quite that bad, yours looks almost as bad as when I cracked the frame...). After replacing the main shaft on the 450 it still was vibrating, and although the feathering shaft looked straight in the heli (and when i turned the bolt, the other side of the shaft also turned fine), once I got it out of the heli and rolled it on a table I could tell it was a little bit uneven. I replaced that and now I get very little to no vibration (btw, very excited about a stable hover I had in my garage last night on my 450 project ) Oh, if you do take out the feathering shaft be careful, mine was a little stuck and I had to pull on it, and when it came loose all those tiny pieces of the bearings went flying everywhere. I spent most of the evening yesterday crawling around looking for them....

anyway, just another thought, i know those vibration/wobble issues can be a pain in the...
This is the crazy thing, I didn't crash, really. Now, looking back, I've had this problem before. I didn't really change out anything that I can remember. It was just ok later on I replaced the feathering shaft with a Align 450 pro feathering shaft and it has been working great. I still havn't replaced that boom to frame mount yet but I glued and zip tied it down and it doesn't move at all. I've got 7 helis I'm trying to keep in the air and I think I need to put some on the shelf for awhile. Yeah, and then it drives me crazy and I have to pull it off the shelf and try to fix it again
Old Jul 27, 2011, 06:14 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,762 Posts
Well, it was on the shelf for 5min and I had to get it down.
It Works Again (1 min 50 sec)

If somebody asked me what was wrong and I told them what I told you guys, I'd also say it has to be the blades. Its just like before, its ok now. If I wasn't so lazy I'd put one of the other set of blades back on. I had this set on yesterday when I was trying to figure it out. Its like desha vu all over again. These are the batteries I've been using. The Sky Lipo is still new with about 5 charges on it. I get about 5min with it. The GensAce is really good with......well, a lot of charges and get about 8.5min.
Thanks so much with your help guys.
-Craig
Old Jul 27, 2011, 07:21 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,762 Posts
Okay, I'm back. I went down to the park for a short flight. It was flying great with no vibrations. Then about one min into the flight it started again. I was able to land smoothly without damage. So, its my servos or the receiver
Old Jul 27, 2011, 07:46 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,762 Posts
Its the servos or servo. Its time to order more. Do I have a choice. I've used the Corona 9?? on the tail of my 1#a and Blueray Will that work or is it reversed?. I should probably go with the HiTec, That will mean I have half as much in servos as the heli costs
Old Jul 27, 2011, 08:02 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,610 Posts
Barnstorm,

are you sure its not your gyro sens pots set to high. That would make the heli wobble as the gyro/servos are trying to correct the balance. Also, turning your balance delay up. So there is more time between tilt and correct.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean