HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 15, 2011, 12:10 PM
Malaysia, Pulau Pinang, Tanjong Bungah
Joined Mar 2011
622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
only trex part i know of that can be used is the 450 pro feathering shaft.

where are you located?
oic.. than parts will be a problem
unless.. i ask my friends from china to bring it for me when they come to visit
but that have to wait ..

I am from malaysia
here .. the parts that is abundance are esky parts, and clone trex parts...
sam1741 is offline Find More Posts by sam1741
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2011, 01:28 PM
Don't Panic !
United States, KY, Beaver Dam
Joined Jun 2011
10 Posts
Newbie alert!!

Hay guys,
New here, hello all.
I was determined to read the whole thing before I made a post ÖI only made it to page 33. Just canít stand it anymore, I got a v400 used on EBay and Iím afraid to even look at it. I am complete newbie. I have had some fixed wing experience and some really bad experience with a Blade CP. I know that there is setup involved but have been looking on the internet for about two weeks now and have not found anything that gives a good step by step to mechanically and electronically setup a stock v400 with a 2603 TX. The only mods I plan on doing are the boom brace from RTF HELLI and I have some Hectic mg servos on the way (ordered them around page 4). As you all know the manuals that come with it are less than useless. I have read though both of them twice and still donít know a thing about this helli. If one (or more) of you have found something or blogged soothing yourselves, could you put the links up so I can go out a crash this bird and now it was me not the setup? What Iím looking for is stabile hover with very little ff for now gonna take it nice and slow. I bought the USB adapter to use with a sim but I canít seem to get FMS up and running on my PC running win 7 pro 64 bit, any ideas on that would be a great help too. By the way I will finish reading this all the way through I love the stories and vids. You guys rock!
Thanks,
DL42
dl42 is offline Find More Posts by dl42
Old Jun 15, 2011, 02:11 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam1741 View Post
oic.. than parts will be a problem
unless.. i ask my friends from china to bring it for me when they come to visit
but that have to wait ..

I am from malaysia
here .. the parts that is abundance are esky parts, and clone trex parts...
i believe i saw somebody else flying a v400 from malaysia at some point. If ordering and receiving parts from HK isnt a problem then helipal is where you would go to buy parts.
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Jun 15, 2011, 03:16 PM
Joined Mar 2011
4,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dl42 View Post
Hay guys,
New here, hello all.
I was determined to read the whole thing before I made a post ÖI only made it to page 33. Just canít stand it anymore, I got a v400 used on EBay and Iím afraid to even look at it. I am complete newbie. I have had some fixed wing experience and some really bad experience with a Blade CP. I know that there is setup involved but have been looking on the internet for about two weeks now and have not found anything that gives a good step by step to mechanically and electronically setup a stock v400 with a 2603 TX. The only mods I plan on doing are the boom brace from RTF HELLI and I have some Hectic mg servos on the way (ordered them around page 4). As you all know the manuals that come with it are less than useless. I have read though both of them twice and still donít know a thing about this helli. If one (or more) of you have found something or blogged soothing yourselves, could you put the links up so I can go out a crash this bird and now it was me not the setup? What Iím looking for is stabile hover with very little ff for now gonna take it nice and slow. I bought the USB adapter to use with a sim but I canít seem to get FMS up and running on my PC running win 7 pro 64 bit, any ideas on that would be a great help too. By the way I will finish reading this all the way through I love the stories and vids. You guys rock!
Thanks,
DL42
if you have the extra money i HIGHLY recommend picking up the 2801 it makes the world of difference. If you dont i believe Kdean has done a big writeup on how to setup the 2603 i also believe there are some good setup videos on youtube for that radio.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 06:02 PM
Don't Panic !
Joined Jun 2011
10 Posts
2603 setup

Thanks shadow 102,
Unfortunately I donít see a 2801 in my near future, unless I find a deal on EBay. I have been looking on YouTube and I canít find much just ads and RTF mods. Maybe I'm not using the magic words. Nothing on how to setup a stock v400 or the 2603 either one. If the 2801 comes with the same kind of manual I donít think I want it anyway. I mean what good is it if you donít know what to do with it?
thanks,
DL42
Old Jun 15, 2011, 06:27 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,716 Posts
Hey dl,

if you search this thread for '90 degrees' it should show my post about set-up.

Trust us, the 2801 is very helpfull when it comes to setting up the heli...
kdean is online now Find More Posts by kdean
Last edited by kdean; Jun 15, 2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 06:30 PM
Old Skool
Joined Dec 2003
743 Posts
I got my V400 set up with the Emax ES08MD servos it is also set up on the 2801 but I have it the same as it was on the 2603 for my test flight. I did a bind to both to check pitch and its the same I did this as I was just doing a 2801 set up when the stock servos went south. Test flight soon.

JD
J.Douglas is offline Find More Posts by J.Douglas
Old Jun 15, 2011, 06:38 PM
Joined Mar 2011
4,360 Posts
the biggest plus to a 2801 is being able to program in "2801" mode in other words you have access to the pitch and throttle curves and can program it like a normal radio

for those needing a little programming help this is one of the most important programing features in the 2603:

WWW.RTF-HELI.COM WK-2603 PROGRAMMING YOUR PIT AND PLT (7 min 38 sec)
Old Jun 15, 2011, 06:47 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,716 Posts
Welcome

Sorry i forgot to welcome the newbies...
Old Jun 15, 2011, 06:49 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,716 Posts
Looks good J,

u gatta post some flight vids....

Are those the digital version?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 07:12 PM
Don't Panic !
Joined Jun 2011
10 Posts
Thanks shadow 102, thanks kdean,
Just did a search in the classifieds hear on the board a 2801 MAY be possible. Dumb question, how do I find someone’s blogs, I know kdean has some on the servo mod I saved the links to them for when I get my new servos but tried to search the blogs for kdean and spad and got nowhere.
Thanks,
dl
Old Jun 15, 2011, 07:16 PM
Old Skool
Joined Dec 2003
743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
Looks good J,

u gatta post some flight vids....

Are those the digital version?
Yes they are digital. I just did a hop it is windy but it did good I did put in some EXP as it was touchy. I have my gyro at 100% on the 2801 is that to much ?

JD
J.Douglas is offline Find More Posts by J.Douglas
Old Jun 15, 2011, 07:52 PM
Don't Panic !
Joined Jun 2011
10 Posts
Hay shadow,
I have seen that vid but thought it would be wrong for a stock v400 that was explaining how to set it for the brushless mod. Since the brushless motor spins faster the numbers would be wrong would they be?
Kdean,
Good stuff, that answers a lot of the questions I had
Thanks to both of you guys,
DL
Old Jun 15, 2011, 08:29 PM
Joined Mar 2011
4,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dl42 View Post
Hay shadow,
I have seen that vid but thought it would be wrong for a stock v400 that was explaining how to set it for the brushless mod. Since the brushless motor spins faster the numbers would be wrong would they be?
Kdean,
Good stuff, that answers a lot of the questions I had
Thanks to both of you guys,
DL
it gives you and idea on what settings are what and how to change them. every heli is different so your settings will be different than somebody elses
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:23 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,716 Posts
Here is another great thread on the helifreak fourm with lots of info. It was started by otter555, but he moved on, and now i think blayd took over as the host.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....60049&page=124

this is thread that inspired me to start my own.