HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:36 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
SuperV update

Hey guys,

Just wanna share whats been going on with my super modded v400 lately. I have not had it in the air sence the last crash when the tail motor tricked me into takeing a dive. I have decided that my efforts to make this heli as bad @$$ as i could has come to an end. There is still room for cnc frame mounting parts, but i have not had of mine break, so i can wait until someone with the right tools takes on that challange. As far as performance upgrades, i realized after getting my 450pro w/beastx setup that the tail motor controled tail will not allow me to practice the more advanced tricks im getting into now. I knew the day would come that this would happen, but after going down after a simple piro to the left makes me think twice about my ambition. The SuperV will make a nice "easy" 3D kick around, but all the super performance electronics are not needed for that.

The TurboAce 3959kv motor is overkill. Not only is all that head speed a waste of electricty, the strain it puts on the packs only will lead to shorter battery life cycles. The turnigy typhoon 3500kv is the perfect fit for the v400, and with the lower amp draw, it will be easier on packs. Also allowing smaller 1800mah packs to get a solid 5 mins of 3D training.

The hitec 5055s will stay, but are also not nessary for the application. I actuall liked flying the less percise tgy mg90s servos in the v400. And they never developed a jitter at center after a hit. They do take a bit more effort to install but i never had to replace one once they were in.

The hobbywing platnium pro esc w/gov is also not needed. But that super soft start is a definite plus to have. I wont take it off, but i may dissable the gov just to compare flight times.

The extended boom and 335mm blades was a fun idea, but the performance gain is not enough to through ordering different blades from my 450, or the extra strain on the motor and battery.

So, with all that said, i'll be takeing some of the super out of my superV. With a 450pro now in my rotation, i dont need to stress the v400, and expect it to be able to handle the advanced 3D tricks. I'll post the pics and info after it flight tested and performing just right.

It looks like im leaning more toward the bigger helis, now with two 500's and soon two 600's, and the superV and 450 pro will be getting less air time once i restock my bigger packs.

Thats all for now. Have a good weekend, and always remember..... Dont crash.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 04:58 AM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,428 Posts
Or if you do, arrrrr - make it a good one matie!
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:28 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperJack View Post
Or if you do, arrrrr - make it a good one matie!
And don't forget to film your crashes!! haven't seen any new vids on the crash thread in a while
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:41 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
That could mean that we are getting better at flying these things...
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:03 PM
United States, IL, St Charles
Joined Jan 2013
671 Posts
So I got my v400d02 today! It's all stock. I have a couple questions for everyone. I want to put this in a scale fuselage. I saw some videos of it on YouTube someone put it in a 450 size fuselage. Has anyone done this, or see any issues or mods I will need to do? And also since I will he doing just scale flying with this do I need to to the metal gear servos? And if so what ones work best that don't need alot of drilling and all that?
Bnh105 is offline Find More Posts by Bnh105
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:02 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
417 Posts
Does anyone have a Deviation FW model for the V400?
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:34 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
The v400 has been very successful in a 450 fuselage. If you look back in the thread you will see a few different setups in a fuse. You will need mg servos no matter what, unless you dont plan on flying it. As for the easiest to install, they all have there needs, but you can have a look at my blog and see the installation of the two types of servos i have used. You need to also state "devo or non-devo" when it comes to servo compatibility.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 03:00 AM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
Does anyone have a Deviation FW model for the V400?
This will get you going.
lasakro is online now Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Feb 09, 2013, 03:02 AM
Joined Jan 2013
671 Posts
K dean,
Thanks for the info. Any idea what page those builds were on there are alot of pages here? And could you send a link to your Blog. I also have a devo 7 if that's what you were asking?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 03:59 AM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnh105 View Post
K dean,
Thanks for the info. Any idea what page those builds were on there are alot of pages here? And could you send a link to your Blog. I also have a devo 7 if that's what you were asking?
Select his user name and you fill find it.
lasakro is online now Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:51 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
i remember mdeutschman put a few v400's in fuselages.

You can pm him if you have specific questions, but i also found one of his posts where he showed his work. He has other's too, u can search his name and maybe find the others, he did a pretty good writeup of what he had to do to get them in the fuselage

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post22438726
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:54 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Oh yeah, Trelos05, the mate from down under, also did a fuse

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7806
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:20 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
Thanks D bro, i was trying to remember who had all the fuse/ed V400's.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:40 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
This will get you going.
Thanks, I take it I change the .txt to .ini? EDIT - I see it defaults to WK2801, No issues changing it to Devo? Just checking, I'm in newish territory.
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Last edited by gapi; Feb 09, 2013 at 10:49 AM.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 11:37 AM
Joined Jan 2013
671 Posts
Thanks for the links! Exactly what i was looking for
RCG Plus Member