HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:40 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Thanks guys. I guess I have a touch of dyslexia. I'm OK now. No worries. Thanks for your patience.
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:01 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Ok because I can't piece meal this. I loose where we are and so do you. Let me know when you are ready to start.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:12 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
I am embarrassed. I was looking at my heli on the test stand and though what I was seeing was wrong. I tried to post it but did not come across too good and your replies were confusing me because of my not making sense.

So today I put a known good heli, my new v400 on the stand and it does the exact same thing, it is untouched, factory out of the box with a nice looking swash level and stroke.

So.......... ......... I have learned something believe me and if you guys will drop it and let me off the hook, I can recover. My apologies.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:17 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Great. Just to make sure. The used swash moves with the stick just like the new swash correct?
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:24 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
Great. Just to make sure. The used swash moves with the stick just like the new swash correct?
Yes. Thanks.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:34 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Great. Next is to check gyro response. You can either remove the blades both front and rear or disconnect the motors. After this is done give it some throttle while the heli is level.

1) Tilt the heil nose down the back of the swash should go down.

2) Tilt the heli to the left, the right side of the swash should go down.

Let me know if this test passed of failed.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:38 AM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,972 Posts
Another very easy way to think of the gyro response is when you change the orientation of the heli, the gyro should try to keep the swash level.
navigator2011 is online now Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:26 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
I am embarrassed. I was looking at my heli on the test stand and though what I was seeing was wrong. I tried to post it but did not come across too good and your replies were confusing me because of my not making sense.

So today I put a known good heli, my new v400 on the stand and it does the exact same thing, it is untouched, factory out of the box with a nice looking swash level and stroke.

So.......... ......... I have learned something believe me and if you guys will drop it and let me off the hook, I can recover. My apologies.
No worries! If u go back and read through this thread you'll find plenty of examples of, ummm, "not so intelligent" things I've done....

Still feel free to post videos or questions anytime u aren't sure. Better safe than sorry!!
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:54 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
How do I test the rudder motor? My Master CP uses the same motor and it looks like its bad already. The heli wants to sping in circles on the training gear and I dare not throttle more.

I disconnected the main motor and moved all the sticks but got no spin out of it.
I'm telling you I may have found me place wit the Master CP. I am finding m,myself to be a park flyer.

One of you guys may be getting a chance on a deal on a V400. I'm going to do the ship in a bottle build with her and put her to full brush less and other mods and put it up on the block for a RTF custom build.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:04 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
How do I test the rudder motor? My Master CP uses the same motor and it looks like its bad already. The heli wants to sping in circles on the training gear and I dare not throttle more.

I disconnected the main motor and moved all the sticks but got no spin out of it.
I'm telling you I may have found me place wit the Master CP. I am finding m,myself to be a park flyer.

One of you guys may be getting a chance on a deal on a V400. I'm going to do the ship in a bottle build with her and put her to full brush less and other mods and put it up on the block for a RTF custom build.
Disconnect the tail motor and do a continuity check on it wire to wire. Should be very low. If it's open it's bad.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:12 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
1.8Ω
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:16 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
1.8Ω
Sounds good. Thinking..... Check ESC or signal to it...hum
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:18 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
You didn't mess with the TX did you?
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:27 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
My tail motor output of the V400 stock ESC measures 3.6K. See what you get on the Master CP ESC.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:01 AM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,972 Posts
Quote:

Easy, just connect a Duracell to the leads of the motor. I used a 9V battery because it is easy to make contact on the battery. I instantly got my answer as to whether the motor was ok. Next, check for gyro response by pulling off the main blades, holding the heli, and then spooling the main motor. The answer to your questions remains the same.
navigator2011 is online now Find More Posts by navigator2011