SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:36 AM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
Now I want to know about the Aux buttons. What can I set them up to use.
You can connect them to unused ch's on the rx.
lasakro is online now Find More Posts by lasakro
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:41 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helliefan View Post
I'd checked on the TX but I didn't find ELV and AIL.

Can you write a guide or something what I shall do in the TX.

I assume it's in the "Function"?
Did you look in the manual? I have one downloading but these are very slow.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:45 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
If I have a V400 with a RX 2614V and want to replace it with a RX 2614V-D, is it a direct exchange or does the ESC or anything else have to be replaced to match?
Direct replacement but they are around $70 or use it with Devo 10 + Deviation for $0.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:50 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
How do I adjust the sticks on Devo 7? I think the right stick (on mode 2) is too sensitive and I struggle to keep the heli stabile in the air.
I would like to shut it a bit down, if it is on 100% now I would like 50-60%. Can I adjust that?
Section 3.4, page 24:

http://www.rtf-heli.com/files/Manual_of_DEVO-7_.pdf
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:52 AM
Joined Jul 2007
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
Did you look in the manual? I have one downloading but these are very slow.
Yes, I found this manual:

http://www.moses-modellbau.de/mediaf...f%20DEVO-7.pdf

It's very good but I'm still not sure, and I don't want to adjust wrong things and get the heli worse. It's good as it is but very difficult to fly for me as the right stick(mode 2) is way too sensible so I can't keep the heli stabile.
helliefan is offline Find More Posts by helliefan
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:57 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Yes, I found this manual:

http://www.moses-modellbau.de/mediaf...f%20DEVO-7.pdf

It's very good but I'm still not sure, and I don't want to adjust wrong things and get the heli worse. It's good as it is but very difficult to fly for me as the right stick(mode 2) is way too sensible so I can't keep the heli stabile.
Just follow the manual and keep track of what you do. You need to decrease the stick sensitivity to get used to her. IMO 50%.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:12 AM
Joined Jul 2007
85 Posts
Which page on the manual I posted?
I can't open the one you posted.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:26 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Which page on the manual I posted?
I can't open the one you posted.
Section 3.4, Page 43.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:15 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
I read an old post from 2011 that said the Adj and WK dip switches should be like -

"Make sure your dip switches on the Rx are set so the one towards the front is towards the starboard side or the up "WK" position, the second dip switch, towards the back of the heli is in the down "+" for pitch rev position."

I have a v400 that has not flown yet with both in the WK position. Is this the norm?
The one switch you definitely want in the wk position. The other however you might want to play around with. That will affect the direction your servos move and is one of the many tools you can use to get your servos and gyros all moving correctly. It's usually a mix of many things on the tx and rx to get the servos working how they need to be so just play around with it. (i think you were saying a few pages back you had issues with your servos moving correctly?)
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:09 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
The one switch you definitely want in the wk position. The other however you might want to play around with. That will affect the direction your servos move and is one of the many tools you can use to get your servos and gyros all moving correctly. It's usually a mix of many things on the tx and rx to get the servos working how they need to be so just play around with it. (i think you were saying a few pages back you had issues with your servos moving correctly?)
Thank You.
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:24 PM
Joined Jul 2007
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
In the TX, go to dual rate settings. Set the DR for ELV and AIL both to 60% and set the Exponential to about 30% That should soften it up a little.
I have now set AIL and ELV to 60%, but I can't find Exponential. Is that important to set to 30%?

Edit: I found it now.

I'll take off the blades before I start the heli now in case that I've done something wrong in the settings, just for safety.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:21 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
417 Posts
Heh! Here is a way to make running the Hitec HS-5055MG servos on a RX2614V-D More Fun
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:04 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
417 Posts
With the help from a Deviation Forum Member we may be gaining ground on why Hitec 5055's fail to bind while in the RX2614V-D's Aileron port.

He had me test the OE and two aftermarket servos known to bind while plugged into the Aileron port.

The test was to isolate the signal wire from the plug and connect the plug and power up.
Then check voltage from the servo plug's (-) to the isolated Signal wire.
All three of the servos that bind with no issue read 0v across the connected (-) to the isolated signal wire.

The Hitec HS-5055MG read 2.15v in the same test.

The gentleman spoke of adding a resistor starting @ 5kΩ and working to 1kΩ (but never lower) until it works or not but wanted to know what wires the bind plug shorted.

I have submitted the info and results and await this direction on where to place the resistor.

I like this servo for the programming and the mounting tab size and such. I hope we get lucky.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:22 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
417 Posts
Does anyone know how the info is sent to the servos? Is it one way or two way? Or does it rely on a voltage reading?
Say Elei is, Left -0v---------------2.5v----------------+5v Right.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:52 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
417 Posts
Talked to a Hitec tech today. The tech before was more of on the mechanical side or not as signal savvy as the one this AM.

I told him about the signal wire's constant 2.15v @ power up and how it must be keeping the RX2614V-D from binding.

He responded that's just the way it is when their servos stop seeing signal they default to a setting and lay in wait.
He was not aware of any given voltage and said there is no way to change it, and being it does not happen in other RX's there is nothing we can do.

I discussed adding a diode in the line allowing the servo to receive signal voltage from the RX but no send anything back and he said it would need to be tried to see.

I still do not understand why a device that relies on receiving a signal to operate is telling the RX its at a home position that requires 2.15v and please give it to me. And yet it has 2.15v on its signal wire before binding.

We ain't done yet!