HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:31 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
This is your pitch of the blades. Don't know where your knowledge currently is so this may be simplistic but you need to see something I've been holding off on.

Starting off with a -10 pitch allows the head speed to pickup higher before lift at above zero pitch. This allows for you to be able to pull the heli down (-10 to 0 pitch). Otherwise it will act as a FP in the wind. Like a kite. You won't get lift until you are above 0 pitch. As you progress to will move to a fixed throttle curve at like 90-100 or all at 100. This curve, or lack of, will be in Stunt Mode 2 say. When you get in the air you will switch to SM 2 and get ready for it. Max RPM and the heli will only be controlled by pitch (-100 to 100). Follow?
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:40 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Thanks, but I think you may have misread me, I was speaking of the "Tail" curve. I am noticing its different than the defaults of models I have not used.

I have adjusted pitch curve as you mentioned (to -10 and max +65) but do not remember ever messing with the "Tail" curve. Does this follow the pitch curve or am I having a Senior Moment not remembering moving it?
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:48 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
Thanks, but I think you may have misread me, I was speaking of the "Tail" curve. I am noticing its different than the defaults of models I have not used.

I have adjusted pitch curve as you mentioned (to -10 and max +65) but do not remember ever messing with the "Tail" curve. Does this follow the pitch curve or am I having a Senior Moment not remembering moving it?
What kind of #'s are you seeing? I'm used to seeing only Pt and Thtl curves with -100 to 100. Tail gyro gain is fixed. I think I'm using 75. Maybe different Tail Rev Mix with different flight modes is about the only think I can think of.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:00 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
OK, I just confirmed, if you change Pitch curve it effects Tail Curve. I knew I didn't do it.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:10 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
OK, I just confirmed, if you change Pitch curve it effects Tail Curve. I knew I didn't do it.
I'm guessing it's only a read out. If so Deviation decided not to display it. In a way it's irrelevant as long as the tail has the correct force to counteract the rotational spin.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:27 AM
Joined Jul 2007
66 Posts
How do I adjust the sticks on Devo 7? I think the right stick (on mode 2) is too sensitive and I struggle to keep the heli stabile in the air.
I would like to shut it a bit down, if it is on 100% now I would like 50-60%. Can I adjust that?
helliefan is offline Find More Posts by helliefan
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:14 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helliefan View Post
How do I adjust the sticks on Devo 7? I think the right stick (on mode 2) is too sensitive and I struggle to keep the heli stabile in the air.
I would like to shut it a bit down, if it is on 100% now I would like 50-60%. Can I adjust that?
In the TX, go to dual rate settings. Set the DR for ELV and AIL both to 60% and set the Exponential to about 30% That should soften it up a little.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:39 PM
Joined Jul 2007
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
In the TX, go to dual rate settings. Set the DR for ELV and AIL both to 60% and set the Exponential to about 30% That should soften it up a little.
Thanks a lot. I will try that.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:29 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
If I have a V400 with a RX 2614V and want to replace it with a RX 2614V-D, is it a direct exchange or does the ESC or anything else have to be replaced to match?
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:22 PM
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Mar 2012
174 Posts
Quote:
If I have a V400 with a RX 2614V and want to replace it with a RX 2614V-D, is it a direct exchange or does the ESC or anything else have to be replaced to match?

Plug and play! My v400 started off as a Devo and now its but to the 2801pro.
rangerxp28 is offline Find More Posts by rangerxp28
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:43 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
I read an old post from 2011 that said the Adj and WK dip switches should be like -

"Make sure your dip switches on the Rx are set so the one towards the front is towards the starboard side or the up "WK" position, the second dip switch, towards the back of the heli is in the down "+" for pitch rev position."

I have a v400 that has not flown yet with both in the WK position. Is this the norm?
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:54 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
I read an old post from 2011 that said the Adj and WK dip switches should be like -

"Make sure your dip switches on the Rx are set so the one towards the front is towards the starboard side or the up "WK" position, the second dip switch, towards the back of the heli is in the down "+" for pitch rev position."

I have a v400 that has not flown yet with both in the WK position. Is this the norm?
They should be in opposite directions. Sw1 in WK (on) and Sw2 in + (off). Look at it again. I thought you did some dancing around on it's training gear?
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:43 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
I keep replyig but my posts disapear.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:45 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Now I want to know about the Aux buttons. What can I set them up to use.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:25 AM
Joined Jul 2007
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I'd checked on the TX but I didn't find ELV and AIL.

Can you write a guide or something what I shall do in the TX.

I assume it's in the "Function"?