HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:54 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
418 Posts
I see the Search is down. So...............

Has anyone solved the Hitech 5055/ Devo binding circus of unplugging the Elevator servo before binding or a battery change?
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:50 AM
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Mar 2012
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
I see the Search is down. So...............

Has anyone solved the Hitech 5055/ Devo binding circus of unplugging the Elevator servo before binding or a battery change?
I dont think anyone has.
rangerxp28 is offline Find More Posts by rangerxp28
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:56 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
418 Posts
Made A Boo Boo.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:20 AM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
2,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerxp28 View Post
I dont think anyone has.
Maybe you could wire an ON/OFF switch into the ELEV servo wire? You could then bind the receiver and then flip on the elevator servo. It stinks, but I cannot think of any other way.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:28 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
418 Posts
Thanks, I am polling the Deviation forum about it too. I am going to call Hitec also.

I ponder if one can disable the Aile in the TX so the Rx don't worry about it and bind. If so assign it to a Gear or Aux switch?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:40 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
418 Posts
FDR replied - "Usually on Walkera receivers the elevator servo plug has a double function to clear the fixed id too.
So if your servo has to little resistance, the rx can think it is a blind plug.

I think it cannot be solved in the tx fw... "
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:03 PM
Joined Dec 2011
56 Posts
v400d02 need help with a brushless tail motor problems

Hello all,
I have a v400d02 with a brushless tail and main motor kits from rtf-heli.com. The tail motor stopped spinning on my last flight. Now when I go full left and right on the collective, the motor will vibrate but not spin. I tried a new motor and re-attached all the connectors on the wiring.
When I turn on the heli and transmitter all the servos work correctly. When I apply some collective, I hear the 3 beeps from the tail motor, so I think its initializing correctly?

Could I have blown the ESC or could it be something else? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
jfranklyn is online now Find More Posts by jfranklyn
Last edited by jfranklyn; Jan 25, 2013 at 01:04 PM. Reason: adding more detail
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:06 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
2,004 Posts
For starters, look for damaged wires going to the tail motor (through the boom, etc.). Double check if the tail ESC is getting unduly warm while the tail motor does that vibrating things. What you describe sounds a bit like a shorted wire somewhere.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:08 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfranklyn View Post
Hello all,
I have a v400d02 with a brushless tail and main motor kits from rtf-heli.com. The tail motor stopped spinning on my last flight. Now when I go full left and right on the collective, the motor will vibrate but not spin. I tried a new motor and re-attached all the connectors on the wiring.

Could I have blown the ESC or could it be something else? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Make sure you don't have the converter attached (taped) to the converter. Separate them if they are not.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:12 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
418 Posts
Just go off the phone with Hitec and they are telling me they never heard of the issue.
He also had no reply as to why. I guess I need to speak with another tech that is servo signal savvy.

He did listen and then asked me to put it in detail in a support email.
==========================
The Deviation responses are:

Bind plug is signal to ground.
----------------------------------
I think it may help to add a resistor from servo signal wire to positive (+) wire, maybe 1-5 kOhm.
-----------------------------------

Any takers?
Last edited by gapi; Jan 28, 2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:17 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfranklyn View Post
Hello all,

If it vibrates and doesn't turn the motor is only getting 2 of the 3 phases. Disconnect the motor and perform a continuity check on it. Phase to phase all 3 readings should be very low. If you get an open, bad motor. If the motor checks good bad ESC.

Edit- Bad ESC. Should have fully read the question....
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:18 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:00 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
Just go off the phone with Hitec and they are telling me they never heard of the issue.
He also said "Whats a Devo?"

He did listen and then asked me to put it in detail in a support email.
==========================
The Deviation responces are:

Bind plug is signal to ground.
----------------------------------
I think it may help to add a resistor from servo signal wire to positive (+) wire, maybe 1-5 kOhm.
-----------------------------------

Any takers?
Hummm.... Measure the resistance of a disconnected servo. Both signal and power to ground. Is the 5055 programmable?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:37 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
Hummm.... Measure the resistance of a disconnected servo. Both signal and power to ground. Is the 5055 programmable?
Yes it is programmable, and I have a HPP-21 programmer and set of 5055's and a set of Walkera MG's in transit.

And I have a set of Tower pro MG90S (Analog) and a set of Fusonic MG-D- 9G (Digital) to compare with.

I'll be doing all that in a few days.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:17 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
418 Posts
Just sitting by the fire with my Devo 10 looking through my settings, and I see the Tail curve looks like it has been tweaked but I don't remember doing it.So I looked at Models I have not used and they are different.

What I have in my current model is Flight Mode Normal& Stunt 1 = is -10 to + 100. Stunt 2 is -100 to +100.

In the unused models they are all @ -100 to +100, does changing pitch curve or Expo do that to the tail curve automatically? I do not remember ever changing anything in Tail Curve.