SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:19 AM
Joined Jul 2007
66 Posts
Is it easy to replace the main gear on V400?
I got a small damage on it so I would like to replace it. I got the spare part so I am ready to change it.
helliefan is offline Find More Posts by helliefan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:44 AM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Not to bad. You'll need a 1.5mm hex driver for the head. Its more of a pain getting the nut lined up after. Try needle nose. Double check that your shaft collar didn't slip up after your're done.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:45 AM
Czech Republic
Joined Aug 2012
119 Posts
Ok. Thanks, that's the way how I have them set.
djsmeegy is offline Find More Posts by djsmeegy
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:44 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
Ok, your're half way there!

CP has both FB, release stick and stop, and FBL, realese stick and keep going.
You are killing me. Both? You are helping me too, I'm just very thick sculled and as an old dog and an investigator I tend to be too literate.
I am asking in terms of "models specific".

With the Master CP and/or the V120.
When hovering tail in, and I Aileron just a touch to the right.
And while its tilted and moving to the right.
When I return the stick to the center.
Will it/they (even though continuing to go or drift to the right) return to a level position?

gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:50 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Without me looking is the Master CP FB or FBL?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:00 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,661 Posts
The 3axis gyro is not an 'auto stabilization system'. It makes small corrections so the the heli does not tip all over the place, but it will not keep the heli flying if you let go of the control. If your head and swash are perfectly level and trimed, you could get a few seconds of hand free hover, but it will tip and roll eventualy with no human input.

With your gyro setting set 'high' like sensitivity and balance delay, the heli will return to level flight after a quick cyclic input. But this also makes it hard when you want to start flying around and it will feel like the gyro is fighting you.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:09 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
The 3axis gyro is not an 'auto stabilization system'. It makes small corrections so the the heli does not tip all over the place, but it will not keep the heli flying if you let go of the control. If your head and swash are perfectly level and trimed, you could get a few seconds of hand free hover, but it will tip and roll eventualy with no human input.

With your gyro setting set 'high' like sensitivity and balance delay, the heli will return to level flight after a quick cyclic input. But this also makes it hard when you want to start flying around and it will feel like the gyro is fighting you.
Thanks for the bail out I'm still unsure if he wants a FB or CP to train on preparation for the V400.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:03 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Thanks, I'm going to bite the bullet and my budget only allows for me to get the MasterCP BNF.
I'm in for the learn the long and hard way but with lots of Sim time and training gear.

When are they going to put the rotors on the bottom so all these videos of upside down flying will stop?
Do they drive their cars in reverse too? Heh!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:14 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
Thanks, I'm going to bite the bullet and my budget only allows for me to get the MasterCP BNF.
I'm in for the learn the long and hard way but with lots of Sim time and training gear.

When are they going to put the rotors on the bottom so all these videos of upside down flying will stop?
Do they drive their cars in reverse too? Heh!
FYI. Check out #8212:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...p#post23766323
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:59 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
Thanks. I am not interested in 3D so that post helps me feel better about the Master CP. I am more interested in camera and navigational flying around and such.
Having the same Servos, motors, and batteries in both is a plus too for me. The 3D capabilities are there if and when desired.
It looks like the battery bay's are close. The V400D02 1200mah would be an upgrade.

I got the ARF version, heli, RX-2637H-D receiver & and battery. So it looks like a smaller V400 that can take a few bumps.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:00 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
What is the "Frame fixing kit" for in the parts list for the V400? Is this a replacement or OE mod?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:10 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
What is the "Frame fixing kit" for in the parts list for the V400? Is this a replacement or OE mod?
Good luck with the master.

"Fixing" is Chinese for "connecting: The frame connecting kit is an OEM part which unfortunately doesn't fix anything.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:03 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Thanks. I am not interested in 3D so that post helps me feel better about the Master CP. I am more interested in camera and navigational flying around and such.
Having the same Servos, motors, and batteries in both is a plus too for me. The 3D capabilities are there if and when desired.
It looks like the battery bay's are close. The V400D02 1200mah would be an upgrade.

I got the ARF version, heli, RX-2637H-D receiver & and battery. So it looks like a smaller V400 that can take a few bumps.
The MasterCP is a more durable and more powerful version of the V400.
It does not fly a lot different, though. Both are very stable, docile helis. The Master and the V400 don't use the same servos. They look the same but work backwards to each other.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:46 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Can a Devo 10 and Devo 7 transmit Models to each other? I would like to toss the V400 over to the Devo 10 the easy way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
The MasterCP is a more durable and more powerful version of the V400.
It does not fly a lot different, though. Both are very stable, docile helis. The Master and the V400 don't use the same servos. They look the same but work backwards to each other.
Thanks! Docile is what I want in as much as I can have in this class of helis.
If the servos work backwards can't that be reversed in the TX?

I still wanna pull the arms off a set of plastic Walkera servos and dob a bit of epoxy on the splines and see if it still strips. But not on mine.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:16 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Hi Guys,

Please look at the pic below and tell me if I have the right idea. Not sure what kind of displays some of you are using so I put the A, B & C in there for easier viewing.

The Sleet and Snow are moving across the Alabama/ Georgia line almost here. Wind is blowing my deck furniture around. Good day for collective pitch.
Last edited by gapi; Jan 22, 2013 at 10:49 PM.