HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:39 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
Go ahead and laugh but.......... with the plastic servos pretty much a given they will strip. Has anyone pulled the arms before it happens and dobbed some two part epoxy on them. Just saying. You get new arms with new servos eh?
I must be missing something. Below is a servo of the V120. Please point to the location where I should apply the epoxy? Yes, being a smart ass again. Servos come with arms. Put the metal ones on it and tear it up. I must have gone through 4 sets of body mounts before I even had a successful flight. Break it, fix it and learn.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:43 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
I must be missing something. Below is a servo of the V120. Please point to the location where I should apply the epoxy? Yes, being a smart ass again. Servos come with arms. Put the metal ones on it and tear it up. I must have gone through 4 sets of body mounts before I even had a successful flight. Break it, fix it and learn.
Shows how much I know, I though the gears in the arms stripped. Good reply though.
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:47 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Shows how much I know, I though the gears in the arms stripped. Good reply though.
Don't ask don't learn. What usually happens is that the teeth break off of the output gear because it has all the stress.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:03 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
I have a problem between the seat and the keyboard.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:12 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
417 Posts
Thanks,
I'm still deciding what I'm gonna do with this 7 to buy a UB02 cable or not to. I sure like the menu layout of the deviation ware.
Besides = I got my Devo 10 today and WoW! That 7 may be going to gather dust or do lots or get Sim time while the 10 charges. The 7 Menu gives me Dyslexia! If I keep her I'll get a UB02 and make it right.
The 10 came with Software 0.6A / Library 0.2. Now I'm not sure when I'll flash the 10. I cannot even fly yet!

You told me so on the 120SR I like the smaller size of the V120D02S in comparison to the Master CP.

Talk to me about one of my OP questions, the V120D02S does not need advanced type piloting stick correction correct? I know they do not fly themselves but need to confirm this before pulling the trigger. I did only a moment of that stuff in the SIM and am not ready for sure.

I really - really need all the learner help I can get. Please clarify a little more on the 3 vs 6 axis issue.
Is the 6 more stable just prone to lean if you get a bad one? Does the 6 make stunts harder but the heli but more stable for a learner?

Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:21 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Thanks,
I'm still deciding what I'm gonna do with this 7 to buy a UB02 cable or not to. I sure like the menu layout of the deviation ware.
Besides = I got my Devo 10 today and WoW! That 7 may be going to gather dust or do lots or get Sim time while the 10 charges. The 7 Menu gives me Dyslexia! If I keep her I'll get a UB02 and make it right.
The 10 came with Software 0.6A / Library 0.2. Now I'm not sure when I'll flash the 10. I cannot even fly yet!

You told me so on the 120SR I like the smaller size of the V120D02S in comparison to the Master CP.

Talk to me about one of my OP questions, the V120D02S does not need advanced type piloting stick correction correct? I know they do not fly themselves but need to confirm this before pulling the trigger. I did only a moment of that stuff in the SIM and am not ready for sure.

I really - really need all the learner help I can get. Please clarify a little more on the 3 vs 6 axis issue.
Is the 6 more stable just prone to lean if you get a bad one? Does the 6 make stunts harder but the heli but more stable for a learner?

Thanks!
Forget the Devo 7. Why learn something you won't use in the field. If the 10 goes dead swap out the LiPo.

What was the Blade 120, FP or CP that you wanted for inside? Need to know that first before I can advise. Don't know what you mean about the 120SR. I don't even know what that is.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:33 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
417 Posts
OK, The Blade 120SR is a Fly bar FP. It was a mistake and besides bad out of the box so its history.

So I looked at the Master CP and asked if it is the type that when you, for example, Aileron and stick back to center, does it continue to aileron waiting for a counter Aileron or attempt to level back out.

If it attempts to level back out I'm in! Heh!

Now, between the two, Master CP or V120, for the beginner, whats best indoors or outdoors not being a factor, just the most stable or easier to learn.

Man I like the Brushless out of the box on the V120. Me likey.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:35 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
I just looked up the 120SR. Got it, you want a small FP for training. Makes since. Don't even think about CP even with the questionable 6 axis forget the V120. Need to think about that one. I'd say the V200 just because I'm not up one the smaller ones but a bit big or maybe not. Let's check out the V100??
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:48 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
417 Posts
Talk to me about this "

It is the type that when you, for example, Aileron and stick back to center, does it continue to aileron waiting for a counter Aileron or attempt to level back out."
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:56 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Ok, your're half way there!

CP has both FB, release stick and stop, and FBL, realese stick and keep going.

Now:
FP- Your standing on the ground. Couldn't think of anything else
CP- Your standing on a large round ball. You constantly need to make corrections to stay on top of the ball.

You = FP
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:02 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
I just came from the 120 thread, see below. They have been saying this all along. This came from a new proud owner of a Gaui X5.

---End Quote---
The WL Toys V911... Most indestructible micro heli i have ever owned.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:05 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Let me find out what protocal it uses. Can't go wrong for $20.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/28p-wlv91...li-orange.html
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:42 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Actually for $20 that was for a replacement body only.

The V911 uses FlySky protocol by Turnigy and Deviation supports it. I just ordered an orange one for $44 and will fly it with my Devo 10. When I get comfortable with head in hover, inside, with the V120 I'll give it to my nephew.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2-4GHz-W...item20ce1f7a5c
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:54 AM
Czech Republic
Joined Aug 2012
130 Posts
Hi guys,
I've got small question. What is your recommendation of main blade attachment.
Should be blades attached fixedly or should be blades freely turnable around axis of attach.

Im little bit confused, cause on several videos they are free and on the others, they are fixed... What is your opinion?
djsmeegy is offline Find More Posts by djsmeegy
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:14 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
The blades should be tight enough to tilt the heli on its side and for them not to fall but loose enough with a slight jolt while on its side they fall.