HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2013, 03:44 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
418 Posts
Heh! I posted this in the beginners section and they sent me back here. So.....

"Noober boy here I have been experimenting in Phoenix Pro4 with the different models just to see. I am still learning on mufti rotor learner models but curiosity got the better.

On some of them when you Aileron or Elevate and bring the stick back to center, they keep going in the direction sent. So I see one needs to correct if he wants it to alter the direction. Yes?

So my question is..... are those types without Gyro's? Would say a Walkera V400D02 with the RX-2614V-D receiver & gyro behave like the above?"

Thanks
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:52 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,331 Posts
That's how the FBL responds vs. the FB. I've never flown anything but FBL.

http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/flybarless.html
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:55 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
418 Posts
Thank You.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:46 AM
Joined Jul 2007
93 Posts
I got the Walkera V400D02 now. But on the Devo 7 transmitter it stands FM SW on the display while its beeping when I'm turning it on.

What is wrong? Can't get any further.
helliefan is online now Find More Posts by helliefan
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:00 AM
Joined Jul 2007
93 Posts
I switched the FMD stick and now I got in. Only throttlemovements are shown on the display. When I move stick on the right it doesnt show on the display. Is that normal?
helliefan is online now Find More Posts by helliefan
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:27 AM
Joined Dec 2012
7 Posts
finaly fixed my v400 and its time to learn more for flight.
lpiang is offline Find More Posts by lpiang
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:49 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helliefan View Post
I switched the FMD stick and now I got in. Only throttlemovements are shown on the display. When I move stick on the right it doesnt show on the display. Is that normal?
Yes that is normal. If you want to view the other stick movements you can go into Function / Monitor, and then choose which channel you want to see
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:52 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helliefan View Post
You sound like you and I are at the same level of experience.

When firing up the Devo make sure all the switches are pushed forward or up and the throttle is all the way down.

The Aileron & Elev (Right / Left) never display unless you specifically want to check them in the menu, not during flight.
  1. Press ENT then R or L until you display the flashing Function in the very top line of small text.
  2. Scroll up or down with the R&L buttons, (REVSW is the top of the list, TIMER is at the bottom of the list)
  3. The 11th one down in the list is MONIT (Monitor)
  4. With MONIT flashing press ENT and ELEV will flash. Move your Elev to see the % of movement.
  5. Use the R&L button to scroll to different sticks and directions.
  6. EXT to Backout.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:17 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
418 Posts
Does anyone have a pic of a Full Brushless harness laid out?

I am waiting on the Tail & ESC to get here. I would like to see one though.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:25 PM
Joined Dec 2011
56 Posts
Hello,
Here is the full brushless diagram that I was sent when I ordered the brushed to brushless converter from ebay.
jfranklyn is online now Find More Posts by jfranklyn
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:41 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
2,018 Posts
Here's a circuit diagram that I drew up last August:

Dual brushless wiring circuit
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:45 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
418 Posts
Very nice guys. I will photo journal mine and post it up. Maybe start my blog here with it. Very nice on the full BL.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:11 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
418 Posts
While its quiet here...... I want to keep from tearing up my V400D02 in the early learning process. Been getting some Sim time.

The Blade 120SR I received today is defective right out of the box making weird noises and no tail motor. RMA for refund requested. Didn't even get to brake it.

So..... I guess I'll try and stick to Walkera or at least a model that a Devo 10 with Deviation firm ware will bind with.

Does the Master CP handle in a manner that it does not need the constant type corrections? I see it has the GYRO: 6-axis Receiver: RX-2637H-D.

Is there a comparable model in Phoenix? No Walkeras in Phoenix.

Any suggestions. I cannot fly indoors unless its a very stable Nano toy size model so one of those is in my future too.

Thanks!
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:27 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
418 Posts
Go ahead and laugh but.......... with the plastic servos pretty much a given they will strip. Has anyone pulled the arms before it happens and dobbed some two part epoxy on them. Just saying. You get new arms with new servos eh?
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:29 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
While its quiet here...... I want to keep from tearing up my V400D02 in the early learning process. Been getting some Sim time.

The Blade 120SR I received today is defective right out of the box making weird noises and no tail motor. RMA for refund requested. Didn't even get to brake it.

So..... I guess I'll try and stick to Walkera or at least a model that a Devo 10 with Deviation firm ware will bind with.

Does the Master CP handle in a manner that it does not need the constant type corrections? I see it has the GYRO: 6-axis Receiver: RX-2637H-D.

Is there a comparable model in Phoenix? No Walkeras in Phoenix.

Any suggestions. I cannot fly indoors unless its a very stable Nano toy size model so one of those is in my future too.

Thanks!
I gave you my input after you mentioning getting the Blade 120. No comments about them on the V120 thread, etc. Well if you want the best micro Walkera it will be the V120D02S. The trick here is you want to stay away from all WK 6 axis receivers. It's a crap shoot with what we've found. Many have leaning left issues. This 6 axis model is designated as "NEW V120D02S". I have 2 of these and consider myself a beginner with CP. With that said I find it manageable to fly in my living room.

The Master CP is a 200 size. I own two 2 WK CB180D's (the predissor to the V200 FP). These will eventually go because I mainly used the FP to practice nose in and really to big. The V120 has so much potential, very durable and one hell of a fast machine. The V120 thread is kind of a cult following currently at 562 pages. Great help and support there. Currently I have upgrades on order to convert them from 1S to 2S. I'm a need for speed type of guy. It's an adequate 3D heli, not great. Some problems holding its tail while inverted going backwards.

I've beat the hell of of my 2 guys. So if you want to fly something with the new Devo look at it. You may need to look used for one having the 3 axis. The 6 axis concept was to make it easier of beginners. The ones that own them want the 3 axis back. So remember look for the V120D02S with RX2622V-D not the NEW V120D02S with RX2636H-D. The S on the end is very important. One more thing is to budget in $20 for an aftermarket slipper clutch for the tail gears but more about the later.

Fill be in about your Deviation adventure. Installed it? Tryed it with the 400 on training gear ? I've been flying both the 120's and 400 with it since I got my Devo. Never flew with the WK firmware Neat stuff. Edit the .ini model file on the PC and save it to the Devo. Download other peoples models.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro