HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:26 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
Just bustin' Looks like they are holding down the receiver.
Actually Esky does make a HS for a 370 / 380 motor. Wonder why the center isn't in contact? I apply a thin coat of thermal grease on 180 but that only works if it correctly fits. Try bending it better to the contour of the case then slide it on the end instead of snapping it on the side. That causes it to get deformed. You will probably need to remove the motor because of the PCB on the top.
Thanks, I already shaped for a flush fit.

Glad you reminded me about thermal paste. I build my own computers and have some arctic silver so she should be good to go.
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:40 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,659 Posts
So what is the going price for this bird right now with a Devo 7? Looks like it's horrible to program but it has model memory right?
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:56 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
So what is the going price for this bird right now with a Devo 7? Looks like it's horrible to program but it has model memory right?
According to what merchant and the shipping you are looking at $250.00.

I just hit Google for a bind and fly V400D02 and couldn't get a hit that conformed it would have a RX2614V-D receiver. For a Devo you want that D on the end.

My incentive was to offer up my Devo 7 up for sale. After I get my Devo 10 going I am thinking of moving the 7 out to a lucky shopper.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:33 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,659 Posts
That's what I was afraid of. When i saw $159 on nightflyer's video, I got excited. Now not so much. Looks so nice. Will stick with my 450's. I wonder is I can fit a tail motor!
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:17 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
I have a confession to make. I am getting a serious case of dyslexia from the Devo manual!

I managed to find a copy online that has lots of the Chinese mistranslation smoothed out. And its much better now.

The file name should be DEVO_EM.pdf

What prompted me to plea for help is after reading Properly setting up a V400D02, and doing as instructed I when I put the stick to the 50% mark it says 80%. I cannot get a 50% readout.

Can someone bail me out here?.

Next, yes I have played with the frot panel trim slide switches and have no idea how to center or reset them. From my experimental fiasco I think there are 50 total clicks with audible tones at each end and center. Correct? Do they stay there after a power cycle? I read if one knows how to use the Devo those remain untouched.

Yet another one is I cannot find information on how the toggles should be by default as far as new and out of the box for 1st time or normal flight.

Last, I have read enough that I know I'm not 3D material and would like to set it up for Noober or perhaps Scale type flight. Or even a way to confirm its back to how it was at purchase.

Heh!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:26 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Can't help much without a 7 but could it be the throttle curve? Putting the stick at 50% might be showing on the display what is being sent to the rx (80%).
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:31 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Thanks, How about the "Model Reset" function. If I choose the 400D2 and then do a reset on it, will it put it to "As Shipped"? Or to as if I purchased the Devo without a specific aircraft?

I'm getting there! Just having a better manual to read has calmed me down a bunch!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:35 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Keep reading, sorry.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:17 PM
Joined Dec 2011
55 Posts
Hello,
Very smart idea to place the foam ball on the end of the tail motor holder. I've broken lots of these cheap parts and have been looking for a fix.

I see from the pictures that you left the tail struts on along with the carbon tail boom. Do you think the struts are still necessary?
jfranklyn is offline Find More Posts by jfranklyn
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:30 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
PhoenixRC 4 Working Well With Devo 7 In Windows 7 64 Bit

Hi guys, I want to report I received Phoenix RC Pro Version 4.0, p/n RTM4000 (DVD & Dongle) today and installed it on my Win7 Pro 64bit machine today and it sees the Devo 7 fine.

Its Really Nice!

I had to use a Radio Shack 3.5mm stereo female to mono male adapter at the end of the supplied USB dongle cord going into the Devo 7.

The install went well as I already had ActiveX (v11) but let it install it anyway. It asked to install Adobe Reader 9 with v11 being the newest but I let it run its course and it aborted when seeing the newer reader.

I fired up the PhoenixRC and it wanted a Radio, I plugged the supplied dongle in and the driver loaded but no sign of a Radio. I cycled the Devo 7 power a couple times, did a couple USB insertion cycles as well as couple 3.5 mm re-insertions and eventually I got a prompt for a restart.
Sorry, but I did not log my sequence. It was hap-hazard.

The restart was the magic. It may have been still working in the background all the while I was doing all the connection & power fumbling. If I could do it again I would:
  • Install the software.
  • Restart the PC.
  • Fire up the software. (It will prompt for a Radio)
  • With the Devo 7power off connect the dongle and let the driver load.
  • Fire up the Devo 7.
  • Enjoy.

The Radio wizard does not have a Devo in the model list so I chose the "I do not See My Model" option and it let me create one in a profile I named Devo 7.

The wizard had me stroke the controls showing me the sliders on screen and I had to reverse a couple of them but little did I know it was thinking Plane and I was thinking Heli.

It fired up with a yellow Bi-plane idling on the runway and I took off. Crashed that baby a few and seen the Aileron or up/down flaps were reversed and reversed them.
Then I went into the menu and swapped to Heli and found the Blade 120SR soon to arrive via USPS.
I found the Aileron reversed. All these reversals were good practice for learning my way around the software.

WoW! The look and feel are amazing. I am running the maximum quality setting.

I have a home build PC running the Intel i7-3770k, 16GB RAM and SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 PCI Express GPU.
I have a dual boot BIOS with a 4.5 clock on the ready but its not needed.

I have no regrets. I searched all over for a Win7 Devo Phoenix confirmation and found none. Here it is.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:56 AM
Czech Republic
Joined Aug 2012
119 Posts
rx2416v settings

Hello,

can you somebody give me some information about settings on rx2614v?
Which knob is taking care of physically?
1) bal. delay
2) elev. gyro
3) aile gyro
4) elev aile ext
5) tail mix

I dont wanna to play with them now, but if my heli will not stable, I'd like to know how to set up it in the best way.
djsmeegy is offline Find More Posts by djsmeegy
Last edited by djsmeegy; Jan 15, 2013 at 02:59 AM. Reason: rx numbers mixed up
Old Jan 15, 2013, 03:34 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsmeegy View Post
Hello,

can you somebody give me some information about settings on rx2614v?
Which knob is taking care of physically?
1) bal. delay
2) elev. gyro
3) aile gyro
4) elev aile ext
5) tail mix

I dont wanna to play with them now, but if my heli will not stable, I'd like to know how to set up it in the best way.
The manual provides a brief description. It flew before without problems other than the tail correct? How did you make out testing it? Were you able to duplicate the problem?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:22 AM
Czech Republic
Joined Aug 2012
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
The manual provides a brief description. It flew before without problems other than the tail correct? How did you make out testing it? Were you able to duplicate the problem?
Unfortunately I lost the manual :-( And I cant find manual on web, cause the page http://www.walkera.com/en1/particular.jsp?pn=V400D02 cant be found.
I've not tested it yet. Im just asking about those knobs. Some of them are described on Properly setting up a V400D02 by navigator2011 (many thanx for it, bro, I'll follow it).

I'm awaiting for new servos and then I'll put them onto heli and I'll test it.
I'm using brushless motors - both of them - main and tail, not using stock ESC. Have main blages 325mm, and batterypack 2800.

I'm gonna to upgrade tail stabilizer to metal (from T-Rex), cause Ive destroyed many stock stabs (frail piece of crap).

I will see, how much I'll have to set up the knobs on rx. That is reason why I wanted to know what is each knob taking care of.
Last edited by djsmeegy; Jan 15, 2013 at 06:32 AM. Reason: addition of text
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:47 AM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,971 Posts
Maybe this will help--I have posted a picture and a brief discussion of my Rx2614V settings used for my Hybrid 450 pro here:

Rx2614V set up for 450 Pro
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:52 AM
Czech Republic
Joined Aug 2012
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Maybe this will help--I have posted a picture and a brief discussion of my Rx2614V settings used for my Hybrid 450 pro here:

Rx2614V set up for 450 Pro
Thank you very much navigator, again I'll post video of my 1st flight when I set uo my heli.