SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:22 AM
Registered User
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,919 Posts
I recieved some metal geared Walkrea servos and when I feel like playing repairman try them. I'm sure Exi's will work but these look like drop in and no mods needed?? I need to decide on mount reinforcement as now mounts are new. L brackets will not work unless remove tags and don't like that. May save old ones as tabs are very weak. Might use srtong binding cord with hot glue to keep cord togethrer. I'll think of something. Carbon tow cord maybe.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:03 AM
Registered User
gapi's Avatar
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I recieved some metal geared Walkrea servos and when I feel like playing repairman try them. I'm sure Exi's will work but these look like drop in and no mods needed?? I need to decide on mount reinforcement as now mounts are new. L brackets will not work unless remove tags and don't like that. May save old ones as tabs are very weak. Might use srtong binding cord with hot glue to keep cord togethrer. I'll think of something. Carbon tow cord maybe.
Where are those in stock at. I have been digging for them but all I see are back ordered.
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:05 AM
Registered User
gapi's Avatar
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
I found a Carbon/Alumi Blase eFlight B400/450 Swash plate for $7.00. Do those work in the V400? I read they held up better.
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:54 AM
Registered User
gapi's Avatar
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
Anybody that has the devo 7 that comes across this thread and isn't quite sure how to work the transmitter, i went ahead and made a video on how to use it. I noticed there are some vids already on youtube, but none that really describe the settings for somebody just getting into this hobby (which is probably most of the people who end up with this tx) so i went ahead and made a vid myself. I hope this can help at least one or two people, then it was worth the effort it took to make it

It's a 2 part vid and rather long, but if you go on to youtube to view it, I posted the time in the video that i went through each setting, so you can skip to the part that you want to learn about. I used my minicp settings, but they should be similar to the v400 and other helis.

Let me know if you have any questions, i tried to go quick cause there is a lot of info, but i also wanted to cover everything i could in order to make this an all-inclusive video.

[/url]
Thanks for the vids but they are so visually painfull with the washed out/overexposed DISPLAY screen I had to back out.
Wish you would have sampled it early on before publishing and made exposure compensations.

At least its better than watching some of these heli vids of a grain of sand flyIing around.
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:00 AM
Folding Spacetime
navigator2011's Avatar
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,967 Posts
Of course, if you didn't know how to set up a Devo 7, then those vids would be priceless. Dilberto is one of the 'first ones' with the V400 and he has a lot to teach, just like Kdean does. A thankful heart is a happy heart.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:45 AM
Controls Engineer
lasakro's Avatar
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
I found a Carbon/Alumi Blase eFlight B400/450 Swash plate for $7.00. Do those work in the V400? I read they held up better.
I'm told they work great but if you can afford it go for the all Alum one. Twice the price but haven't installed it yet. I'll wait for the next crash with stock swash separation.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:55 AM
Registered User
gapi's Avatar
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
I'm told they work great but if you can afford it go for the all Alum one. Twice the price but haven't installed it yet. I'll wait for the next crash with stock swash separation.
Thanks, looks like I got the last $7.99 one as its not out of stock on RC-planet. Don't need it but am foraging for the parts I may need during my learning crashing experience.
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2013, 12:00 PM
Registered User
gapi's Avatar
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Of course, if you didn't know how to set up a Devo 7, then those vids would be priceless. Dilberto is one of the 'first ones' with the V400 and he has a lot to teach, just like Kdean does. A thankful heart is a happy heart.
Thanks, And I did open with a "thanks for the vids". I was just letting him know in the event he makes more he can improve. I am a photographer and vidiographer and look for all the feedback I can get + or -. I hope he doesn't take it as a rant or harassment and much as a helping honest feedback.

I am in the process of posting some tips for those who can use them over in helitalk..
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2013, 12:08 PM
Folding Spacetime
navigator2011's Avatar
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,967 Posts
Ok, cool beans. At first, it did seem a bit negative, but I'm sure he will understand. I know the video thing can be difficult, mine kind of suck too. I spend all my spare time working on helicopters, instead of perfecting my video skills.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2013, 12:28 PM
BahamaHeli
kdean's Avatar
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,655 Posts
I use some cheap 'sunglasses cam' that i got from xheli two years ago. The video quality is low but good enough for me to critique my flying. I just can bring myself to strap a camera to my head in public...
kdean is online now Find More Posts by kdean
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2013, 12:35 PM
Registered User
Czech Republic
Joined Aug 2012
119 Posts
Hello guys, for longer time I havent been posting here.
Now I'm making general repair of both my v400d02

So I'll inform you about changes and sent you some pics of them

And how are you doing?

P.S. If I find something strange or too difficult for me, I'll ask you
djsmeegy is offline Find More Posts by djsmeegy
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:03 PM
Registered User
gapi's Avatar
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Here is a link to the thread I started. I hope I can be 1/2 as much help as you guys have been so far here.
I plan to put my money were my mouth is when I work on mine. I have the Fusonic servos in route and down the road when I strip the OE servos I'll post pics.

Picture Posting Tips For Quality Results
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2013, 06:34 PM
Registered User
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,919 Posts
Sad to say but Walkrea metal servos are out of stock everyware. I only ordered a few as I had feeling they would sell out fast. With these and Exi D213f's I should be ok. for now.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2013, 07:56 PM
Registered User
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2011
369 Posts
I am typically used to there being some sign when a main motor is about to go. Usually there can be some loss of performance and noise. However, today while about 75' up, my main motor simply died with no warning other than a plummeting helicopter. Strangely the motor spins by hand just as well as it did prior so it wasn't the case of anything breaking off in the motor. Wires were fine as well. The thing just up and died out of the blue. My one lucky break was that at the time I happened to be flying it over an area I don't typically go because it is narrow. However, it has very tall grass and so even with this fall the heli came to rest in about as cushioned an environment as you can get. That's about the only lucky break I have ever had with this helicopter. Besides the motor being dead, the only damage was a broken landing strut. For a helicopter that will bend from an errant sneeze, this is almost unheard of. Having the motor just die like that though is very disconcerting.
C6Silver is offline Find More Posts by C6Silver
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2013, 08:22 PM
Registered User
barnstorm100's Avatar
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C6Silver View Post
I am typically used to there being some sign when a main motor is about to go. Usually there can be some loss of performance and noise. However, today while about 75' up, my main motor simply died with no warning other than a plummeting helicopter. Strangely the motor spins by hand just as well as it did prior so it wasn't the case of anything breaking off in the motor. Wires were fine as well. The thing just up and died out of the blue. My one lucky break was that at the time I happened to be flying it over an area I don't typically go because it is narrow. However, it has very tall grass and so even with this fall the heli came to rest in about as cushioned an environment as you can get. That's about the only lucky break I have ever had with this helicopter. Besides the motor being dead, the only damage was a broken landing strut. For a helicopter that will bend from an errant sneeze, this is almost unheard of. Having the motor just die like that though is very disconcerting.
Glad to hear you were over grass. Have you heard of a brushless motor conversion? Oh yeah, nobody knows that these motors just give out, I mean nobodys ever reported it
Great choice, the V400D
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Another new Walkera (V400D02)? GetterDragun Micro Helis 130 Apr 01, 2013 09:23 AM
Discussion Alternative canopies for Walkera V200D02, V400D02 JumboA5 Mini Helis 2 Mar 18, 2011 04:29 AM
Question Transport devices for 2x Walkera V400D02 & 2x Walkera V200D02 JumboA5 Electric Heli Talk 2 Dec 13, 2010 08:22 AM
Discussion Walkera new 3D flybarless V400D02 Naev 3D Electric Heli Flying 2 Oct 31, 2010 08:50 PM