HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 22, 2012, 09:39 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
The stock servos are great if you never crash, have a blade strike, land to hard, or do hard pitch pumps while flying. If you dont want to spend more than $5 on a servo, get some cheap generic plastic gear servos (tower pro, hextronic, etc..). They would be better than the stock. For a little bit more- $7 each, you could get some turnigy tgy-mg90s (or tower pro mg90s, exi's 213f). These servo flew, and crashed, very well. And they lasted longer than my hitec 5055's. The time you take to make the mods to install them is well worth it.
Thanks, point well taken.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:42 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,245 Posts
I ordered three exi servos 213f's and also ordered some Walkrea new metal greaed servos for Master c/p. C/Jade has them. I also found some Solar metal geared 12g servos that might work also.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:39 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
My EXI 213F's work well. On the aft ones I used #4 or 6 flat washers between the frame and stock bracket to lift them away from the body. You could modify the body or make your own bracket as well. On the elevator the canopy mount gets in the way of the upper screw head or nut. I left it out as it gets wedged between the bracket and mount. It's going no where.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:21 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,245 Posts
To my surprise the Solar 654's fit bracket well. I still need front motor bracket and waiting for that. Anyway something has to work. I'll wait for Exi 213f's as part I need most likely will hold me up. Good experience as I have a Exi Pro Carbon version 450 to assemble. Bought flight pack from Hobby partz but the servos that come with it are low quality. They are most likely better than Walkrea trash !!.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:20 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
To my surprise the Solar 654's fit bracket well. I still need front motor bracket and waiting for that. Anyway something has to work. I'll wait for Exi 213f's as part I need most likely will hold me up. Good experience as I have a Exi Pro Carbon version 450 to assemble. Bought flight pack from Hobby partz but the servos that come with it are low quality. They are most likely better than Walkrea trash !!.
you can wrap a tie plastic zip tie around front to hold it in place until your mount gets there
fastfwd is online now Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:29 AM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,183 Posts
...away for now

TO ALL THE GUYS ON THIS THREAD : HAVE A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS AND A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

.....will be spending Christmas and New Year back in my country ....see you guys by the end of Jan. 2013.
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Co2x pvc quad 2
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:26 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,664 Posts
Have a safe trip and a merry x-mas. I know you've got a few new project ideas to start...
kdean is online now Find More Posts by kdean
Old Dec 25, 2012, 02:34 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,245 Posts
Hope all have great Christmas and happy flying with V400D02. All items ordered now the wait. Played with Masterc/p and V200D01 and nice birds. I think the Master is going to be a nice bird to fly. I was feeling low because of V400D02 but hope to have it up and running soon.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:02 PM
Joined Dec 2012
2 Posts
Walkera WK-2603

I purchased the Phoenix 4 Pro Flight Simulator. When I plug my Walkera WK-2603 transmitter in the Phoenix 4 software does not pick it up. I was wonder if I would purchase the Phoenix Artech 100C/ Walkera 2801 Adapter if this would work for the Phoenix 4 software to pick the Walkera WK-2603 transmitter.
bordelonkp is offline Find More Posts by bordelonkp
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:46 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bordelonkp View Post
I purchased the Phoenix 4 Pro Flight Simulator. When I plug my Walkera WK-2603 transmitter in the Phoenix 4 software does not pick it up. I was wonder if I would purchase the Phoenix Artech 100C/ Walkera 2801 Adapter if this would work for the Phoenix 4 software to pick the Walkera WK-2603 transmitter.
You could try it. I use it with my Devo7. They do not list the 2603 as compatible, but it might work.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:14 PM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bordelonkp View Post
I use an adapter cable and my Spectrum DX6i.
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:50 AM
Joined Dec 2012
5 Posts
Hi, I'm new here and I have some questions for my V400d02 and devo7.
I just got my first 6ch heli month ago, and it is totally broke down first day, because it keep lean to left and blade hit the ground and crashed.
So, I ordered servos and other parts for replacement, and I got parts today, then rebuilt it and went out and crashed again.
So, I wondering if I set up my devo7 or install servos incorrectly.
Could you please let me know setting for the v400d02 with devo7?
I just found pics for the swashplate leveling, but hard to find correct setting for devo 7.

Please help...
AriLouie is offline Find More Posts by AriLouie
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:21 AM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriLouie View Post
Hi, I'm new here and I have some questions for my V400d02 and devo7.
I just got my first 6ch heli month ago, and it is totally broke down first day, because it keep lean to left and blade hit the ground and crashed.
So, I ordered servos and other parts for replacement, and I got parts today, then rebuilt it and went out and crashed again.
So, I wondering if I set up my devo7 or install servos incorrectly.
Could you please let me know setting for the v400d02 with devo7?
I just found pics for the swashplate leveling, but hard to find correct setting for devo 7.

Please help...
We need to get some idea of your experience level. I get the impression you have a good mechanical background but not quite there yet as to what makes a CP heli do its thing.
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:55 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,245 Posts
I recieved my exi servos 213f's but await front mount to fix V400D02. I did get some items for Master c/p but that heli is fine. I changed out reat boom mount but wait till I have everything to use. Also ordered some Metal gear new servos for Master c/p. Next time I fly this area will be much bigger. Have to do something to add extra strength to weak plastic mounts.
I wonder if Exi 213f's are plug and play? correct rotation, no removing servo to bind etc? Any info will be good, thanks. I want to get V400 back to where it was and even better with upgraded servos and reinforced mounts for upper frame.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:39 PM
Joined Dec 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperJack View Post
We need to get some idea of your experience level. I get the impression you have a good mechanical background but not quite there yet as to what makes a CP heli do its thing.
I have some experience with other kind of RCs (car, airplane, heli-not cp) I'm new to CP heli.
AriLouie is offline Find More Posts by AriLouie