SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:38 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,715 Posts
Im not sure of the product number, but they are micro size, metal geared, and digital. They are in a similar transparten blue case as the 5055's. They should be in wowhobbies trex 450 and v450 items menu.

After super modding my v400 i was able to get 100 flights out of it with no failures. And i dont just hover around. I also learned alot, and made some new friends along the way.
kdean is online now Find More Posts by kdean
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:56 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
2,018 Posts
These are the ones I have on my 450 Pro:

Fusonic MG-D-9G: Full Metal Gear Digital Cyclic Servo for Align T-Rex 450, CopterX 450 & Compatibles

They should work on the V400D02, as well.
navigator2011 is online now Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:50 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,331 Posts
What is the recommendation for the 8mm OD CF Boom. RCfoam has ID's of 6, 6.5 and 7. I want meat for the tail support set screw but not to much weight.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:04 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,715 Posts
Cf boom

www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1631848

there is a link to the cf rod that i ordered.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:40 AM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,331 Posts
Great, 1 mm wall.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Dec 21, 2012, 09:57 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,448 Posts
Thank you all who replied. Fusonics sound good. Will they mount same or need mods to bracket ? Also any issue with direction ? Sorry to be a drag but knida new to this. I have repaired several 4 ch birds, including soldering etc. I wuas aware of servo problems and did not expect them to fail so easy. Plus monts front and back. Anybody use servo tape instead f febble Walkrea servo munts ?/
Would hs 55's work ? Or is there same binding problem ? Funny I buy extra parts but allways break parts I don't have ...ha...>ha.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:39 AM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
2,018 Posts
There's a good chance that you will have to account for direction issues with aftermarket servos, but there are a lot of ways that things can be adjusted, reversed, and even switched around. Regardless of the methods you choose, it is critical to be certain that the servos are moving correctly as the gyro responds to movement of the heli. There are many, many posts in this thread that discuss various techniques for doing this.

I never quite felt confident using servo tape or even wires to hold the servos on the bird. I went and spent many hours getting the servos to fit in the Walkera brackets and then drilled holes to mount the servos. This got frustrating for me after two or so years, which is why I decided to combine the V400 with a 450 Pro frame.

As far as I know, the HS-55s are analog servos, whereas the Walkera Rx requires digital servos. While they might works, I would not want to spend the money and then be dissipointed with the results. And, even if they do work, you might still have that annoying unplugging issue with the DEVO Rx.
navigator2011 is online now Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:57 AM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,356 Posts
Only 10 planes fast?

Lol i hope everyone has a great christmas. It sounds like everyone is still having fun with the v400' really another v400 kdean. Lol.
40 mph winds has me filming a video with my rc truck vs bull. Coming soon lol
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:15 PM
Australia, NSW, Waterfall
Joined Jun 2011
1,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelos05 View Post
Morning O Great Ones,

Yes as the title states we have a bird down in Sydney Australia with minimal damage......maybe. This is my brushless main motor bird, and I was smelling a burning smell before engine cut out and in she went. Not much damage and I had spares.......question is it common from the brushless esc to go bad? Everything else has tested ok including the motor, connect a spare brushless motor to the esc and no go. I have proved the esc is fried, has any one else seen one go bad after about 40 flights?

Merry Christmas
Trelos
Anyone Please!
Trelos05 is offline Find More Posts by Trelos05
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:20 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2012
728 Posts
My friend in Africa had one of these but tripped up over it and destroyed it.
The local helo pilot did a direct exchange for a portion of rice and curried peas and a cb180.
Are the v400 good or bum??
ZeRoEXPO is offline Find More Posts by ZeRoEXPO
Old Dec 21, 2012, 09:15 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelos05 View Post
Anyone Please!
i've never had a brushless esc go bad on me, but i make sure i dont over power the esc with its motor. It is recomended that you chose an esc that is 5-10 amps more than the max amp draw of the motor. So if the motor can draw 20 amps, i would not use an 18amp esc, or even a 20amp if i was going to be pushing it. The v400 and its 380/400 sized motors would need 30 to 40 amp esc. Also, some cheap esc's do have a tendency to fail due to bad soldering jobs.

If your gear mesh it to tight you will over load the motor causing it to draw more amps, causing esc failure.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 09:20 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRoEXPO View Post
My friend in Africa had one of these but tripped up over it and destroyed it.
The local helo pilot did a direct exchange for a portion of rice and curried peas and a cb180.
Are the v400 good or bum??
you will need to make some upgrades and mods to make it good. You will learn alot with it, but be prepaird to invest in metal gear servos and a brushless main motor conversion.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:45 AM
Australia, NSW, Waterfall
Joined Jun 2011
1,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
i've never had a brushless esc go bad on me, but i make sure i dont over power the esc with its motor. It is recomended that you chose an esc that is 5-10 amps more than the max amp draw of the motor. So if the motor can draw 20 amps, i would not use an 18amp esc, or even a 20amp if i was going to be pushing it. The v400 and its 380/400 sized motors would need 30 to 40 amp esc. Also, some cheap esc's do have a tendency to fail due to bad soldering jobs.

If your gear mesh it to tight you will over load the motor causing it to draw more amps, causing esc failure.
Thanks again KD exactly what I was after, I will up size my esc and add a large coke. Cheers
Trelos05 is offline Find More Posts by Trelos05
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:15 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,448 Posts
Some needed parts just shipped from Hong Kong. Kind of unsure about servo as Just want to get right one with out much fuss. Anybody have a set of stock gears they might sell or even a stock servo. Juat want to repair this to where it was a put back in its box to get mess off my work table. My friend was flying his Master c/p and it was flying around and went in again. Sounds like last time he banged it in might have damaged a servo. Shame of all this is even stock servos are out of stock.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Dec 22, 2012, 08:23 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,715 Posts
The stock servos are great if you never crash, have a blade strike, land to hard, or do hard pitch pumps while flying. If you dont want to spend more than $5 on a servo, get some cheap generic plastic gear servos (tower pro, hextronic, etc..). They would be better than the stock. For a little bit more- $7 each, you could get some turnigy tgy-mg90s (or tower pro mg90s, exi's 213f). These servo flew, and crashed, very well. And they lasted longer than my hitec 5055's. The time you take to make the mods to install them is well worth it.