SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:07 PM
rubber heli skills
United States, OR, Seaside
Joined Nov 2009
285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
I might need to see a vid, but high revs and anti clockwise heli rotation sounds like loose tail blades, but it should have flew off if it was loose. Check that everthing on the tail motor is tight and right. What is your gyro gain set at?
+1
Also what fuselage do you have it in?
mdeutschman is online now Find More Posts by mdeutschman
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:44 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
2,018 Posts
It sure does sound like a loose tail rotor. The tail rotor has to be tight, fixed in position. But another issue is vibrations affecting the gyro--that definitely could cause the tail to drift one way or the other.
navigator2011 is online now Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:52 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,716 Posts
I flew another pack in the superV today at lunch time. The extended tail boom is working out great. I have some 335mm blades on the way from hk that i will have to try. They make the heli so much more stable, and now the tail blades are completly clear of the main blades.

I need to make some adjustments to the elev/aile extent pots cause the roll rate is just too quick. I think this high extent is also the cause of the 'bobbibg' when i tried fff in the wind. Along with some 'balance delay' adjustments, i should be able to make it feel like a bigger heli.

I think i'm coming to the point where i'm not enjoying flying the smaller helis anymore. Though i was flying the 400, i was thinking about the 500... The smaller helis (450 and below) feel 'twitchy' to me, and the get hard to see real quick. I'll soon have two 500's so the 450 and 400 may only come out on special occasions.
kdean is online now Find More Posts by kdean
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:02 AM
Australia, NSW, Waterfall
Joined Jun 2011
1,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeutschman View Post
+1
Also what fuselage do you have it in?
She is in a Bell 206, tail rotor is tight. As I said when not in the fuselage she flies fine, so it has to be something to do with this body. Thanks guys
Trelos05 is offline Find More Posts by Trelos05
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:15 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,716 Posts
I'm dont know what else to sugest. Could it be the extra weight of the fuse? Or something blocking the thrust of the tail blades?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:37 AM
Australia, NSW, Waterfall
Joined Jun 2011
1,172 Posts
Quote:
I'm dont know what else to sugest. Could it be the extra weight of the fuse? Or something blocking the thrust of the tail blades?
Maybe it needs a decent crash to sort itself out boys, it is built on the great coco frame so she should survive.
Trelos05 is offline Find More Posts by Trelos05
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:58 PM
Joined Dec 2011
56 Posts
quality of v400d02 parts from wowhobbies

Hello all,
Has anyone had problems with the quality of the parts they have gotten from wowhobbies? I've had to return a rotor head and a swash plate because they were both defective. The rotor head was missing a bearing and the swash came apart.

I haven't order the same parts from different web sites, so I don't have a lot to compare this to.

Thanks
jfranklyn is online now Find More Posts by jfranklyn
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:31 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,716 Posts
I've never had a problem with v400 parts from them. I ordered a swash and head from them a long time ago and have had no use for them really. I've never had to fix anyting with the original head so that sits in my parts box, and those swash are know to come apart (mostly after a crash though). You can just pop them back together usually. I on the other hand bought a blade 450/400 swash, so i no longer use the stock ones. The only original parts i need to restock are main gears, main shafts, tail blades, and just recently got some new canopt posts. My V400 is mostly modded and customized so there are not many original parts left.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:46 PM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,428 Posts
I've ordered a lot of stuff from WOW and never had any problems so far. I would be surprised if they wouldn't correct any problems.

Now that it has cooled off, I've been flying my V400. Also, my Trex 450 is down. I am amazed at the simplicity of the V400. After the servos are replaced with metal gear servos, the stock version of this helicopter is a great place to start for someone moving up in size who might not want or need to be burdened with design and building issues. It is just buy it and fly it (except for servos). Of course, replacing the servos is good experience too.
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:08 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
2,018 Posts
Hi guys, I have purchased a ton of stuff through WowHobbies--they are one of my primary sources of parts in addition to Heli-Heli, and now also HeliProz. The thing to remember is that Wow does not have anything to do with the manufacturing of the parts they sell--the parts they offer have pretty much the same quality as any other vendor. It is true, that they do have control over whether or not they check their parts for defects, but I'll bet hardly anyone checks each part with the level of scrutiny that we do when they arrive in the mail. I'll bet that when a new shipment arrives, there could be hundreds of each part to a box; and that when an order comes in, they look up the part number, and then grab one from the correct box on the shelf. I imagine it works a lot like buying autoparts, except we are using the mail instead of going to the vendor and inspecting each part before we pay.

At any rate, all of the Walkera parts that I have purchased from WowHobbies have been better quality than what originally came on the heli. The only defective part I remember getting from Wow was an Align 450 Pro tail rotor that was slightly bent. I took the part back to Wow, showed them the defect, explained why the wrapper had been opened by me, made my case clearly, and they replaced the part with a new part.

From the standpoint of heli-mechanics, the V400 is an excellent educational heli. It is unfortunate that the stock servos are so terribly fragile; but otherwise, the heli is very simple to work on, and contains all of the lessons needed to build a 450 Pro or other similar heli from a bare bones kit.
navigator2011 is online now Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:32 PM
Moving Parts
Joined May 2011
1,428 Posts
On second thought, I do recall receiving a defective battery from WOW quite some time ago. I checked all the cells as soon as I received it and found one cell too low. I sent them an e-mail about it and they immediately sent a replacement no charge.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:44 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,716 Posts
A flight with a view

SuperV on the beach (5 min 45 sec)
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:52 PM
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Mar 2012
174 Posts
What do you like your RPM at on your V400D02?
Im running ST-2 65% to get 2900rpm and ST-1 55% to get 2700rpm.
Getting my reading from my cell app called HEAD SPEED TACHOMETER.
rangerxp28 is offline Find More Posts by rangerxp28
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:57 PM
Moving Parts
Joined May 2011
1,428 Posts
Quote:
A flight with a view
Reminds me of playing golf around a water hazard.

It looks like you might have had a bit of an audience too.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:27 PM
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Mar 2012
174 Posts
Making the V400 into a night flyer. Have a youtube video uploading here soon for it & going to get a night fly video tonight to post on youtube to.
rangerxp28 is offline Find More Posts by rangerxp28