HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:15 PM
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Mar 2012
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
No.

I had something happen to me once, where the throttle hold was set to low and it would mess up the throttle range of the esc once engaged.

Doing the same thing no bueno.
rangerxp28 is offline Find More Posts by rangerxp28
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:37 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,604 Posts
Im at a loss as to what it could be. I would need a complete list of the equipment your using, motor, esc, tr/rx, signal convertor, and some settings like the esc settings. Im not familar with the hobbymate esc but it sounds like you're comparing it to a hobbywing esc.

It also sounds like it was working before, then you might have changed something and it no longer worked. You might have to reverse your steps to find out what went wrong.

I gatta go to work, but i'll check back when i get home tonight.
kdean is online now Find More Posts by kdean
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:27 PM
Joined Mar 2012
174 Posts
I have not got the soft start to work at all. Trying to get it to work for its first time. I have the Turnigy 2627-3800 motor from rtf-heli and there brushless tali motor to. ESC is the hobbymate 40a from ebay looks to be the same as hobbywing. they sold me a programing card from hobbywing to use with the hobbymate ESC. I can get the music to program so i know it can program the ESC, RcHobbyGear converter and the stock esc delete. TX is the 2801pro with rx2614v.

ESC setting using program card
1Brake=OFF
2Battery=Li-xx
3cut off type=soft-cut
4cut off voltage=Middle
5 start mode=Very soft
6Timing=low
7music-li-po cells=NO lights are on for D C B A.
8Govemor mode=OFF
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:33 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,953 Posts
That Turnigy motor is well-known to be a jumpy, rough starter regardless of the very soft start in the ESC. So, the ESC may well be programmed, but you cannot tell because of the motor. Maybe.

In my case, I have the 30A Hobbywing ESC, and its very soft start just isn't very soft. So, I have to be very careful when first applying throttle. I have just decided to live with this unique behavior.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:50 PM
Joined Mar 2012
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
That Turnigy motor is well-known to be a jumpy, rough starter regardless of the very soft start in the ESC. So, the ESC may well be programmed, but you cannot tell because of the motor. Maybe.

In my case, I have the 30A Hobbywing ESC, and its very soft start just isn't very soft. So, I have to be very careful when first applying throttle. I have just decided to live with this unique behavior.
I was thinking i read that about the motor. Ya im to the point of just living with it.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:52 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,100 Posts
Its going to be sad to leave you guys ,lol,but there comes a day in every pilots life that has to have only pitch tail driven helis. Today is that day.i have sold the v400. I only have the v450 and trex600 now. The nano is so small it doesnt count. You guys have been great and i will never leave lol.
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:54 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,953 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Its going to be sad to leave you guys ,lol,but there comes a day in every pilots life that has to have only pitch tail driven helis. Today is that day.i have sold the v400. I only have the v450 and trex600 now. The nano is so small it doesnt count. You guys have been great and i will never leave lol.
Heli Biggie, I totally know what you're saying. I've been thinking about selling my entire V400D02 package and parts, too. Only thing is, it flies very well, and it doesn't take up too much space in my garage. But, on the other hand, I could also use some extra money for my pitch tail projects. I have also been thinking about installing its electronics on a 450 frame, but I hate to hack into a perfectly working heli. So, I'm undecided about what I want to do. Besides, I'm not even sure how much I should ask for . . .
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:32 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,100 Posts
Well it sounds worth more to you than you could ask for, so i say keep it. As the guy said that bought it, its still used no matter how i put it. But hes right , thats why i dont buy used! But i have sold many thing for what they are worth on ebay! Anything From clothes to helis.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:08 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerxp28 View Post
I was thinking i read that about the motor. Ya im to the point of just living with it.
I think what is happening is the soft start on that esc is not as soft as you think it is. The 'soft start' on my proton 40a always had a jumpy start even when set to soft, and it became more apperant when i put the turbo ace motor in my superV. If you want a real soft start you will need to get a higher end esc. I installed the hobbywing platinum pro in the superV and then the soft starts were really soft starts. I could start up the heli using throttle hold in IU2 with throttle flat line at 80%. It would still take 10 seconds for the motor to get up to full speed.

For now, you will have to gently add throttle at start up. And make sure the tail motor and esc have initilized (beeped) before starting the main motor.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:04 AM
rubber heli skills
United States, OR, Seaside
Joined Nov 2009
266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Heli Biggie, I totally know what you're saying. I've been thinking about selling my entire V400D02 package and parts, too. Only thing is, it flies very well, and it doesn't take up too much space in my garage. But, on the other hand, I could also use some extra money for my pitch tail projects. I have also been thinking about installing its electronics on a 450 frame, but I hate to hack into a perfectly working heli. So, I'm undecided about what I want to do. Besides, I'm not even sure how much I should ask for . . .
Keep flying the v400 now and Get a 450 pro cf kit and put it together and sit on it. When or if the v400 goes down and needs to be fixed,then put all the electronics into the pro. It will be alot better helicopter.
I didn't want to mess with a good flying helicopter and got the pro kit and as soon as the v400 crashed i wasn't upset at all because now i got to put the electronics into the pro and now i will never go back.
mdeutschman is offline Find More Posts by mdeutschman
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:21 PM
Hairy Hampster.
Australia, VIC, Barwon Heads
Joined Apr 2012
129 Posts
I have just bought a heli with the Walkera WK-2603 tx/rx.
I can`t figure out what the gear switch is for on the TX.
Can anyone help me please?
philg31 is offline Find More Posts by philg31
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:46 PM
Suspended Account
Mali, Tombouctou, Timbuktu
Joined Aug 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by philg31 View Post
I have just bought a heli with the Walkera WK-2603 tx/rx.
I can`t figure out what the gear switch is for on the TX.
Can anyone help me please?
Gear is entirely redundant on the 2603.

Unless you love confusion and short range flying, can I suggest you seek a 2801 TX?

The 2603 is a joke to programme, limited, only 10mW output, and a complete PITA.

I only achieved 30-40m range out of my 2603 (crashed continuously with the pig), yet can fly until my eyes can't see orientation with the 2801 (100mW output).

The Walkera 2801 is a good and inexpensive move IMO.

Walkera is pretty much crap, but they did us proud with the 2801 brick, I think.
V999D02 is offline Find More Posts by V999D02
Last edited by V999D02; Oct 15, 2012 at 06:52 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:38 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,100 Posts
Yep the 2801 tx and 2801 rx combo are great , i have them running my trex600! The tx worked great on this heli also. I will miss this heli but it was time to move on. You can search youtube for how to video dilberto heli made for all .
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:26 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,604 Posts
V400 clone

Maybe i should rename this thread to 'Exceed XH400' ???
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:47 AM
Suspended Account
Mali, Tombouctou, Timbuktu
Joined Aug 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
Maybe i should rename this thread to 'Exceed XH400' ???
Lol, yeah.

Or Century Neon Blaze SE.
V999D02 is offline Find More Posts by V999D02
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)