Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:52 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Dude, don't be too hard on yourself. You've come a long ways since you first posted your hover videos. I'm still building up the skills and nerves to hover nose-in. I would say be sure to have fun every time you fly--don't worry about progressing; otherwise if you start having expectations of yourself, you will become frustrated and unhappy with the hobby. Trust me, I have been in both places.
Thanks, i do enjoy being able to just hover it around without breaking off the tail LOL
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:33 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,139 Posts
+1
Having fun is key.
I do all my orientation practice on the sim, if i would have started on sim i would have saved alot of money

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Dude, don't be too hard on yourself. You've come a long ways since you first posted your hover videos. I'm still building up the skills and nerves to hover nose-in. I would say be sure to have fun every time you fly--don't worry about progressing; otherwise if you start having expectations of yourself, you will become frustrated and unhappy with the hobby. Trust me, I have been in both places.
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:57 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,652 Posts
+1 on fun

and

+1 on sim

there are guys in my flying club that have been into this hobby way longer than i, and there are a couple that i've only seen hover their heli at about 5 feet. And these are the big 600 size nitro helis. Just getting one of those heli setup and started is where they have all their fun i guess. But they are happy just to know that the heli is flying.

The only reason i progressed so quickly is due to hours on the sim. I'm not a big fan on the sim, only because its the free sims you can get online, but if i dont get a chance to fly in a week, i will go to the sim just to keep my thumbs happy.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:41 PM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
+1 on fun

and

+1 on sim

there are guys in my flying club that have been into this hobby way longer than i, and there are a couple that i've only seen hover their heli at about 5 feet. And these are the big 600 size nitro helis. Just getting one of those heli setup and started is where they have all their fun i guess. But they are happy just to know that the heli is flying.

The only reason i progressed so quickly is due to hours on the sim. I'm not a big fan on the sim, only because its the free sims you can get online, but if i dont get a chance to fly in a week, i will go to the sim just to keep my thumbs happy.
I try to "fly" my sim every night if possible just to stay in practice. Weather conditions aren't always so great for flying. I find myself just wishing I could get my 600 in the air. I took it to my drive way a few weeks ago and just spun it up and maybe a couple of feet off the ground but not a good place to fly.

I sort of accidentally discovered a forward roll for lack of what to call it. I just pull the elevator stick back until it comes back around.
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:52 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,652 Posts
Speaking of weather, the calm summer days are over. The wind has really picked up in the past few days, and things are cooling down for winter. I hate flying my 400 and 450 in wind higher than 10mph. The 500 is down, and i only have 3 packs to fly in the 600. If its windy on flight day, i would rather just watch the other guys fight the wind. Im still looking into getting a plane to kick around on the windy days...
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:24 AM
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Mar 2012
174 Posts
Need help with very soft start. I have the hobbymate 40a with bec and the program card. When i bind the heli and give it throttle no main motor, then i have to turn on throttle hold, then turn it off and the main motor works but no very soft start at all. How do i get it to work. I try bind the heli,turn on THhold put TH to 45% and turn off THhold and no very soft sart, just full TH. Im lose and new to trying soft sart's. ESC looks to be the same as hobbywing.
rangerxp28 is offline Find More Posts by rangerxp28
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:52 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,652 Posts
Sounds like a throttle range problem. The esc and the tx are not calibrated. Did you do a throttle range set with the new esc? Its tricky to do with walkeras random bind, cause it involves haveing the throttle at full when you bind. There are a few ways to do it, and are mentioned eariler in this thread.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:33 AM
Joined Mar 2012
174 Posts
Quote:
Sounds like a throttle range problem. The esc and the tx are not calibrated. Did you do a throttle range set with the new esc? Its tricky to do with walkeras random bind, cause it involves haveing the throttle at full when you bind. There are a few ways to do it, and are mentioned eariler in this thread.
Yes I have not done this. How do I go about setting it up? I think I remember reading you have to use the stock ESC when doing this?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:51 AM
Joined Feb 2009
15 Posts
DEVO 7 default settings

Hello everybody,
Could anybody give me the defalt Normal flight settings for my devo 7 w/V400D02.The heli is stock except for the EXI D213f servos I have coming. Or if one of ya have even better settings I could use I would appreciate it greatly.
Systematic is offline Find More Posts by Systematic
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:07 PM
Joined Mar 2012
174 Posts
Ok so what i did to set TH range. THRCURV 0% 25% 50% 75% 100% in tx then did the stock esc in elev port and bind the tx to rx, plug the new esc to TH port with TH to 100% motor did its beeps and put TH to 0%. power off it all and bind the heli but the very soft start is a no go? I know it worked cuz i had to put my % up to 50% in st-1 and st-2 to get the motor at the right head speed i like.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:58 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerxp28 View Post
Ok so what i did to set TH range. THRCURV 0% 25% 50% 75% 100% in tx then did the stock esc in elev port and bind the tx to rx, plug the new esc to TH port with TH to 100% motor did its beeps and put TH to 0%. power off it all and bind the heli but the very soft start is a no go? I know it worked cuz i had to put my % up to 50% in st-1 and st-2 to get the motor at the right head speed i like.
what is your throttle hold % set at? Is it over 0%?

Did you change any settings in your travel adjust (throttle channel)?

The motor should have beeped when you droped the throttle to zero. Unless that esc range set is different. Do you have the manual for it?

Did you try reprograming the esc?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:05 PM
Joined Mar 2012
174 Posts
Quote:
what is your throttle hold % set at? Is it over 0%?

Did you change any settings in your travel adjust (throttle channel)?

The motor should have beeped when you droped the throttle to zero. Unless that esc range set is different. Do you have the manual for it?

Did you try reprograming the esc?
Thro hold at -16%
travel is all at 100%
Motor beeped when put to 0% and when back to the one beep tell i give it TH like it did before. Then i power it off and rebind the heli to try the soft start. And not it didnt come with a manual

Yes i put the program card back on and put in all the setting i want a No Go?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:16 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,652 Posts
Try bringing you throt hold back up to 0%. Then rebind and check for any changes.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:30 PM
Joined Mar 2012
174 Posts
Do i need to bind with Thhold on?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:39 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,652 Posts
No.

I had something happen to me once, where the throttle hold was set to low and it would mess up the throttle range of the esc once engaged.