to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:51 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by V999D02 View Post
Please accept my apology for jumping the Gun.

See, this is a prime example of what happens--we are so worried that we might get taken advantage of that we end up hurting good, honest people.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:42 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,070 Posts
v400

Quote:
Originally Posted by V999D02 View Post
I initially thought I'd been scammed as I added a "Read report" to the PM I sent you, and didn't receive a reply via the same although it had been read.

I have noticed today that you sent me an eMail, though.

Please accept my apology for jumping the Gun.

Anyway, the fact remains, the package hasn't arrived 21 Days hence.

The address you quoted is correct, so it seems the consignment has been lost, stolen or mis-delivered.

Shite happens.

Where do we go from here?

I'll will move this topic to PM where it rightfully belongs.
V999D02,
It's nobodys fault....not ME...not YOU . We both does not know what happened to your v400eVERFRAME package.Maybe the USPS screwed up or maybe it got lost in your country.
You asked ,Where we gonna go from here ? The answer , we need to move on and forget what happened.
As you can see ,the guys have spoken and I'm really touch on how they spoke about me...so thank you guys for all your support and let's move on.
Problem has been taken cared....now charge all you lipos and lets fly !!!!Happy flying weekend to all !
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CO2X 4X4 Rev.02
Old Sep 30, 2012, 07:55 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,594 Posts
There should be some way to track the package. It would not have dissapeared off the face of the earth. You need to contact the shipping company/ies and 'raise hell' with them. We are all friends here, and there is no need for blame and finger pointing.

"$#!t happens" like v999 said.

Lets have a 'group hug' and get on with the things we can control (most of the time), our helis.
kdean is online now Find More Posts by kdean
Old Sep 30, 2012, 08:55 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
Lets have a 'group hug' and get on with the things we can control (most of the time), our helis.
Agreed! and i like the "most of the time" comment of controlling our helis, but sometimes it feels more like it's "every once in a while" that we can control our helis when flying them

In the mean time i'm still waiting on all my stuff to make the trip across the ocean, grrr. I heard it's in london though trying to make it's way through european customs, so that's progress i suppose...

I have a small heli coming from china to germany that got hung up in german customs, so all my stuff i packed to take with me might not stand a chance... (clothes, kitchen stuff, wall decorations and other stuff my wife cares about ... i just want my darn helis! ... ) I'll see i guess. Now i know how you feel there in the bahamas dealing with their customs, K
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Sep 30, 2012, 08:30 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,594 Posts
SuperV down

Well i finaly got a chance to 'crash test' the superV. My best guess as to what caused the crash would be a glitch in the governor mode of the hobbywing esc.

Here is how it happened;
The first flight of the day, everything was as usual with binding and flying a circut or two in IU1 with no problems at all. About 1 min into the flight, and now that the basic system are functioning, including my thumbs, i flip it into IU2 to start my 3D flying. I did a few pitch pumps then pulled back into an inverted hover. As soon as it got inverted I heard the power drop, almost like a soft cut from the esc. As i scrambled to quickly get it back upright, all of a sudden it goes into full throttle. It sounded faster than the rpm i had set for IU2, and pretty much flew it self straight into ground. It happend so fast, i'm still in shock. After picking up the mess and striping it down to test the power system, everything seems normal, but i can hear the governor makeing slight rpm changes when i move the cyclic stick around. With the main gear not connected to the pinion, the motor was only spinning it self, and the governor should not need to make any rpm adjustments.

Anyway, the good news is that the frame survived with minimal damage. Coco's everframe only suffered a slight bend to the lip that holds the rx. The skids broke off completly, pulling the screws out and bendind one of the skid pipes. The whole skid section is re-usable. Of course the main blades, shaft, and gear are broken, bent, and stripped. Have not checked the feathering shaft yet. The link ends of one of the grip to swash links broke both ends, and the elevator link rod pulled out of one of the ends. The hitec servos are still working and no arms broken or striped gears. The only parts that will keep me waiting are the canopy posts. 3 of the broke their ends off inside the metal frame mounts. I dont have spares so an order is in order. The canopy took some damage to the paint, and a canopy post pierced it on one side, and not through where it should have been. The tail section help up perfectly. Maybe because the heli flew face first into the dirt, but not even the stock fin/motor mount broke (they always break). CF upper frames held everything else together very nicely. With a new main shaft, gear, and blades, and longer screws to put the skids back on, and a couple links, and she would be ready to fly again. Though without the canopy. Im gunna look into fitting some 450 canopy post and omitting the metal frame mount things.

That was my day with the v400. I was able to get three good flights in with the 600 so it was not a total waste of a day.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:54 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Wow kdean, when u crash test something u really crash test it!
Sucks to hear about that tho, guess it had a good run at least. Did u make it to 100 flights without a crash?
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:42 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,594 Posts
I had just past the 100 flight mark. This would have been its 102 flight, but now it stands at (101 flights / 1 crash).

Im wondering if i should give the hobbywing esc another chance, without the governor this time. The soft starts are really nice, and i can live without the governor. I'll test it out for a while to see if the glitch returns when not in gov mode.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 11:25 AM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,087 Posts
Im glad ur frames came out fine!
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:29 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2011
369 Posts
Hi guys,

Is there a spot here somewhere where this upgraded frame is shown with details and perhaps ordering instructions? I see it referenced in these later posts, but going back many levels I don't see any details. Thanks for any pointer to this!
C6Silver is offline Find More Posts by C6Silver
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:11 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C6Silver View Post
Hi guys,

Is there a spot here somewhere where this upgraded frame is shown with details and perhaps ordering instructions? I see it referenced in these later posts, but going back many levels I don't see any details. Thanks for any pointer to this!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...frame&page=253 Here is the frame, so just PM Coco and he will get things rolling
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:40 PM
Joined Sep 2011
369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...frame&page=253 Here is the frame, so just PM Coco and he will get things rolling
Thanks. I looked at the link but I am not sure if there have been updates to it in the last 8 months. I went through many pages beyond your link, but it would take me hours to scroll through everything. Is this just the lower frame or is there now an upper frame? Have there been any significant changes versus what was posted in February?

Thanks.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:23 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Thanks. I looked at the link but I am not sure if there have been updates to it in the last 8 months. I went through many pages beyond your link, but it would take me hours to scroll through everything. Is this just the lower frame or is there now an upper frame? Have there been any significant changes versus what was posted in February?

Thanks.
Just lower frame, it has holes drilled already,and comes with battery holder. The upper frame we have been doubling up to get some strength, also buying the tail boom aluminum support.
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Oct 07, 2012, 01:15 PM
Joined Sep 2011
369 Posts
Another question for the group. Where can one find replacement rubber grommets for the canopy? They don't come with new canopies (nor do new canopies come with correct sized holes...) The various places I go to for parts don't show these.

Thanks.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 03:13 PM
Suspended Account
Mali, Tombouctou, Timbuktu
Joined Aug 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Another question for the group. Where can one find replacement rubber grommets for the canopy? They don't come with new canopies (nor do new canopies come with correct sized holes...) The various places I go to for parts don't show these.

Thanks.
The canopies are supplied with grommets, or at least the 4 or 5 I've ordered have been, from various vendors.
450 grommets are OK if you have the old canopy posts, but If you have the recent posts I don't know. Perhaps 300 size grommets like used on the Hbfpv2.
V999D02 is offline Find More Posts by V999D02
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)