SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:10 AM
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Mar 2012
174 Posts
Its all comes down to if you are good at soldering and can program a esc? If your not go at it go with the RTF setup. There is not a big diff in the price of you doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weav01 View Post
I know this has been posted somewhere but the search list is long. I wanna upgrade my v400 to brushless main first, not tail (maybe later) I'm burning through too many brushed motors. Is the RTF setup the way to go or something different. Had someone message me and talk about Align 450 pro with ESC and/or signal converter? Which is the easiest to plug and play with? Or any other combination that has been attempted and accomplished out there? Thanks guys and appologize for beating the proverbial dead horse.
rangerxp28 is offline Find More Posts by rangerxp28
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:18 AM
Pittsburgh, PA
United States, PA, Mt Pleasant
Joined Jul 2012
182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerxp28 View Post
Its all comes down to if you are good at soldering and can program a esc? If your not go at it go with the RTF setup. There is not a big diff in the price of you doing it.
I can solder but never programmed an ESC. Pulled the trigger on the RTF main brushless setup. I'm very excited. Thanks guys.
weav01 is online now Find More Posts by weav01
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:10 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,323 Posts
Took the superblue and the v400 out today, superblue flys great,but every time i try to turn it nose towards me it goes backwards or sideways big time ! The v400 with upgraded servos flys good and is extremely touchy,i also have to have rudder trim way to the right to keep tail stable ? still fun !!
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:51 PM
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
Took the superblue and the v400 out today, superblue flys great,but every time i try to turn it nose towards me it goes backwards or sideways big time ! The v400 with upgraded servos flys good and is extremely touchy,i also have to have rudder trim way to the right to keep tail stable ? still fun !!
Sounds like somethings wrong in Hoosville. Unplug both motors - bind and go through your setup. Also I'm sure you have your xmitte set to one servo?
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Last edited by segdohbird; Sep 26, 2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:04 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,282 Posts
Well i havnt had much time to fly lately. But today the v400 started off with a very tight fast wobble, then i snugged some things up and now has a slower bigger wobble. Hmmmmm, i wish this heli was made a little better , even with all the better parts on her , she is still very weak.
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:50 PM
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Well i havnt had much time to fly lately. But today the v400 started off with a very tight fast wobble, then i snugged some things up and now has a slower bigger wobble. Hmmmmm, i wish this heli was made a little better , even with all the better parts on her , she is still very weak.
Three words......
HK
FRAME
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:10 AM
Czech Republic
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
Hello,
I wasn't here for longer time, cause I'm still waiting for some parts to have full upgrade of my V400d02.
I have a few of questions.

1) I have got two (main) motors, one of them has 5000kV and the second one has 3800kV, so can you describe me some impacts if I choose one with higher or one with lover kV? Does anybody of you have some info about it? I want to decide or try the higer one, but Im not sure if it will be good, just let me know, and I will decide and then I'll let you know.
Ive tried to found some info about different impacts for helis, but I found nothing.

2) I suppose center of gravity should be on the main shaft, if I grab heli with two fingers aroung main shaft and under blades, then heli maight be balanced (see on picture - "v400d02-fingers" - red circles are two fingers) am I right?

Thank you, guys
djsmeegy is offline Find More Posts by djsmeegy
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:54 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsmeegy View Post
Hello,
I wasn't here for longer time, cause I'm still waiting for some parts to have full upgrade of my V400d02.
I have a few of questions.

1) I have got two (main) motors, one of them has 5000kV and the second one has 3800kV, so can you describe me some impacts if I choose one with higher or one with lover kV? Does anybody of you have some info about it? I want to decide or try the higer one, but Im not sure if it will be good, just let me know, and I will decide and then I'll let you know.
Ive tried to found some info about different impacts for helis, but I found nothing.

2) I suppose center of gravity should be on the main shaft, if I grab heli with two fingers aroung main shaft and under blades, then heli maight be balanced (see on picture - "v400d02-fingers" - red circles are two fingers) am I right?

Thank you, guys
The 5000KV would be too fast. You would need a 9 or 10 tooth pinion to even try it. Depending on the shaft size, it might be hard to find a 9 tooth pinion.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:37 AM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by segdohbird View Post
Sounds like somethings wrong in Hoosville. Unplug both motors - bind and go through your setup. Also I'm sure you have your xmitte set to one servo?
LOL binding is not going to fix drifting,i think it is just me freaking out. I could do a bit of tuning as neither the brushless v400 or the other one will hover hands off,never has doubt they ever will. Also im using devo7 for the brushed v400 and a Walkera 2603 for the brush-less V400. Can i use the 2603 for both helis ? Guess not one is 2614v-d one is 2614v RX Second video is v400 with fusonic servos, had to stop and put quite a bit of right trim for rudder.
superblue 9 26 12 012 (2 min 21 sec)

v400 9 26 12 (5 min 6 sec)
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Last edited by fastfwd; Sep 27, 2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:21 AM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,282 Posts
But i just put all the new stuff on,,,,grrrrrrrrrr. What servos did you use , i would love to use my hitec 5055 still.

Quote:
Three words......
HK
FRAME
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:57 AM
rubber heli skills
United States, OR, Seaside
Joined Nov 2009
276 Posts
I have the Hitec 5055's on my 450pro cf with the 2614RX double brushless heli and they are great.
mdeutschman is offline Find More Posts by mdeutschman
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:55 PM
Joined Mar 2012
174 Posts
Picked up a new ESC for the V400 hobbymate 40a with BEC. Have a new Tali ESC on the way to.
Last edited by rangerxp28; Sep 27, 2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:31 PM
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Ok every one using the delete stock esc. I picked up a new ESC hobbymate 40a bec 5v. I have the program card and my setting are brake OFF, batt type LI, cut off soft, cut off vol middle, start very soft, timing low, music li cell B, governor ON, But all its doing is beeping and not turning the motor? Do i need to put the stock ESC back on and plug the New ESC in to one of the servo port's and program it that way?
I'm assuming it's a brushless esc, right?
If so do you have your brushless conv plugged in?
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:43 PM
Joined Mar 2012
174 Posts
Quote:
I'm assuming it's a brushless esc, right?
If so do you have your brushless conv plugged in?
Yes that what it was.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:03 PM
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Yes that what it was.
We've all been there.