HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:02 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xseeker View Post
Been a while flying this guy but she went down. Motor died not sure why, the tail spun weird and then motor went out.

http://youtu.be/EOrURrVoe7U
Sucks to see it go down like that.... but don't forget to post it on the crash thread!
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:53 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,699 Posts
SuperV mods (again)

Here are the latest mods to my v400. The hobbywing 40a platinum pro is now installed, and the streached tail boom is also installed. Now the tail blades are free from the down wash of the main blades, and i can safely use 335mm blades with the bigger rtf tail blades.

It will be flight tested tomorrow. I played with the throttle range to get the tail esc to auto bind, but no luck there. You still have to add some rudder for the tail esc to get signal. But, i found that by raising the throttle hold to around +8%, the main motor will cut leaving the tail motor still working and makeing small auto rotations possible with tail control.
kdean is online now Find More Posts by kdean
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:56 PM
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Mar 2012
174 Posts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/3604899755...iewItem=#payId

This is sweet if it work for the 2801 and not just for the devo! I have 3 rx 2 for the 2801 and 1 for the devo. Would like to stop playing with the tail motor and go to a servo tail.

Got a the mail and it work with the 2801pro rx. Im going to be getting one soon.
rangerxp28 is offline Find More Posts by rangerxp28
Last edited by rangerxp28; Sep 22, 2012 at 07:48 PM.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:58 PM
Joined Mar 2012
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
Here are the latest mods to my v400. The hobbywing 40a platinum pro is now installed, and the streached tail boom is also installed. Now the tail blades are free from the down wash of the main blades, and i can safely use 335mm blades with the bigger rtf tail blades.

It will be flight tested tomorrow. I played with the throttle range to get the tail esc to auto bind, but no luck there. You still have to add some rudder for the tail esc to get signal. But, i found that by raising the throttle hold to around +8%, the main motor will cut leaving the tail motor still working and makeing small auto rotations possible with tail control.
Keep it up man and put video up to if you can.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:59 PM
Joined Mar 2012
174 Posts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Align-T-Rex-...item4abc57e931

$115 plus $15 for shipping. I cant get it right now but some one may want it!
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:13 PM
United States, MA, Chelsea
Joined Jul 2012
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerxp28 View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Align-T-Rex-...item4abc57e931

$115 plus $15 for shipping. I cant get it right now but some one may want it!
He has it set as a new package yet he pulls the head piece out of the package. How much more you have to spend to get the rest of the missing parts?
vyper2k1 is online now Find More Posts by vyper2k1
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:24 PM
Joined Mar 2012
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyper2k1 View Post
He has it set as a new package yet he pulls the head piece out of the package. How much more you have to spend to get the rest of the missing parts?
Just seen that to my bad for posting it so fast.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:39 PM
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
OK officially done with the v400. Anyone needing parts?
1 coco superframe.
2.complete head assy .
3 cf boom with stock motor.
4 extra piece of cf
5. Stock boom (slightly tweeked)
6 doubled upper frame (needs fixing parts)
7 rtf-heli. Tail boom supported.
8 stock skids.
9 two tails (3 one fixed)

I'll sell it all for $65.00 obo
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Last edited by segdohbird; Sep 23, 2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:42 PM
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
I always forget to pic
Old Sep 23, 2012, 08:37 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,699 Posts
SuperV streach mod testing

I had a bad day with the bigger helis today, but was able to get some testing of my new mod without any major issues.

With the longer tail boom, and no down wash on the tail blades, i wanted to see what the max pitch i could use without tail blow out is with this heli. I was also adjusting the pitch travel along with the pitch curve to get a more leanier pitch curve from 0% - 100%. While working that out i was also trying different throttle % with the platinum pro esc.

I found that with the throttle hold set up at +8% i can bind, hit the throttle hold switch, add some rudder, and arm the tail esc without worring about the main blades spooling up. I left the normal curve low point at 0% so i can use normal mode to put on the canopy, and walk the heli to the flight line without haveing the gyro kick the tail motor in while the heli is in my hand. I now realize that even haveing the tail motor working during an auto stiuation will not help to stop the tail rotating, only push it further around. That could take some getting used to.

I spent three packs tweeking the pitch curve and travel, and i'm still not satisfied. I guess i was hopeing the streach mod would work wonders for the tail hold, but its still only a tail motor driven heli, and cant expect it to be rock solid like my other helis. I still have more tweeking to do to get the best possible results.

The last pack, i tried the governor function of the esc. The super soft start is very nice, and i can spool up in IU2 with 45% throttle (90% normaly). It takes about 10 seconds for the head speed to get to its max setting. Once again, i was expecting the governor to do wonderus things, but no big fire works for me. Like the pitch, i have more tweeking to do with the esc as well, so well see how it goes later on, and if its worth the trouble and expense.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:37 PM
Joined Jun 2011
570 Posts
so i took my v400 out yesterday and was flying it for a few minutes until it turned huricane.....surprisingly i managed to land it upright with no damage at all...n found out that the tail motor wire was detached....i was really surprised that it survived the crash....so went home n solder it....test flown it in my backyard...flying around neighbours' houses...n just when i was pulling it back....the blades went..."pooofff""!! n the blade was broken in half!! of coz the heli did not survive the crash this time..... =( I suppose there was a crack on the blade after the first crash....

Lesson for the day...never use cheap blades....n check if they are fine before u even throttle up......
eugenechong is offline Find More Posts by eugenechong
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:10 PM
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
so i took my v400 out yesterday and was flying it for a few minutes until it turned huricane.....surprisingly i managed to land it upright with no damage at all...n found out that the tail motor wire was detached....i was really surprised that it survived the crash....so went home n solder it....test flown it in my backyard...flying around neighbours' houses...n just when i was pulling it back....the blades went..."pooofff""!! n the blade was broken in half!! of coz the heli did not survive the crash this time..... =( I suppose there was a crack on the blade after the first crash....

Lesson for the day...never use cheap blades....n check if they are fine before u even throttle up......
Mine hurricanes on Sunday,no broken wire but I'm suspecting the tail esc going out when it gets warm. Not sure but it didn't survive. Debating if a rebuild is worth it. Flew the 450 clone for the first time and it was like night and day. The 450 is sooooo much more stable and less twitchy I couldn't believe it. So if I.do rebuild the v400 and I can find the problem, it will just be to sell it. Oh and thanks for the lession on blade maintenance /inspection.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:14 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,699 Posts
Sorry to hear about your crash. What type of blades did you have on it?

Some of the parts are not as strong as you might think. I suddenly have a wobble at spool up and spool down. I think the main shaft got a little tweeked when i tried the auto rotate landing that time. As you can in the video, it landed pretty soft and on the grass, but it still managed to bend the main shaft just enough to cause the wobble at low head speeds.

I took my superV out today to get the settings better in the pitch, tail hold, and throttle control departments. I think i have the setting as good as it can be without a total reset of the swash links. I will post the settings i got once i put a pitch gauge on it to get the exact pitch measurments.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:45 AM
Joined Jun 2011
570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by segdohbird View Post
Mine hurricanes on Sunday,no broken wire but I'm suspecting the tail esc going out when it gets warm. Not sure but it didn't survive. Debating if a rebuild is worth it. Flew the 450 clone for the first time and it was like night and day. The 450 is sooooo much more stable and less twitchy I couldn't believe it. So if I.do rebuild the v400 and I can find the problem, it will just be to sell it. Oh and thanks for the lession on blade maintenance /inspection.
I totally agree with you. Ever since I got my tarot 450 tuned n fly properly, I m reluctant to fly my v400. the feel is just different....well u all know what i mean...yes...exactly like u....i'm debating if I should spend that 30 dollars to get the frames in and spend at least 30 minutes there changing the parts over....

kdean, the blades that i use has got no brand at all..foam blades....very light....just exactly like the v120d02 kind of blade if u get what i mean....$10 for 3-4 pairs....cheap cheap china made...
eugenechong is offline Find More Posts by eugenechong
Old Sep 25, 2012, 02:18 PM
Pittsburgh, PA
United States, PA, Mt Pleasant
Joined Jul 2012
183 Posts
I know this has been posted somewhere but the search list is long. I wanna upgrade my v400 to brushless main first, not tail (maybe later) I'm burning through too many brushed motors. Is the RTF setup the way to go or something different. Had someone message me and talk about Align 450 pro with ESC and/or signal converter? Which is the easiest to plug and play with? Or any other combination that has been attempted and accomplished out there? Thanks guys and appologize for beating the proverbial dead horse.
weav01 is online now Find More Posts by weav01