Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:51 PM
Registered User
segdohbird's Avatar
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
no, your throttle curve looks good for a mid to low head speed in normal mode.

Your pitch curve needs to be reset. Acctualy it might be eaiser to do your reset in the 'throtle hold' pitch curve, that way you wont have to unplug your motor.
Actually doing it right now already have the motor unpluged. See what I come up with. Thanks kdean report back later.
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:35 PM
Registered User
segdohbird's Avatar
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
OK. I don't know what the hell is wrong with my transmitter (2801) but I cannot get the travel adjust to work at all. Is there anything in the initial setup that I could have wrong? ????. That would cause that not to work? Anyhow here is what I've ended up with.. pitch curve is now back about the same 0 throttle L=36.5 -3deg pitch 50% throttle 52.5 +4deg pitch. Full throttle 64.5 +9deg pitch
So throttle. Curve = 36,43,52,58,64
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:49 PM
BahamaHeli
kdean's Avatar
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,593 Posts
That looks more natural
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:24 PM
Registered User
segdohbird's Avatar
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
That looks more natural
Okay I change the main input settings on the 2801 . I inhibited gear auxiliary2. & auxiliary 3 . I got the sub trims to work on the pitch. Set them up for -9 and+9 with the throttle curve @ 0,25,50,75,100 then set the curve to reflect 0 -3 pitch 50 +2pitch and100 +9 pitch. Now the throttle curve looks a little more to what I think you would expect. 27.5-34.5-50.5-75.0-100.
Is that better?

I put her on the stand and the tail still won't hold above about 3/4 throttle or if I give it a little rudder , I just starts spinning like a top.
Any suggestions ???
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Last edited by segdohbird; Sep 20, 2012 at 10:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:17 PM
Registered User
segdohbird's Avatar
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
The esc is getting hot. Could that cause it to cut off voltage to the tail esc?
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:02 PM
Registered User
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by segdohbird View Post
The esc is getting hot. Could that cause it to cut off voltage to the tail esc?
Not sure but have you adjusted the pots on the RX ? mine just would spin around after installing new servos, had to lay with pots,and still have to trim in some right rudder to hold it .
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:11 PM
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,086 Posts
The tail wont spin unless it needs to , its a counter rotation device, the way i understand it, you need to get that bird in the sky, off the ground! My tail only spins when it needs to also
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:39 PM
Folding Spacetime
navigator2011's Avatar
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by segdohbird View Post
I put her on the stand and the tail still won't hold above about 3/4 throttle or if I give it a little rudder , I just starts spinning like a top.
Any suggestions ???
I don't think you're going to get the tail to hold while the heli is on the stand. I certainly couldn't get mine to hold on the stand, but it holds fine the air. There are too many vibes when the heli is on the stand.

Pull off your main blades and then carefully spool the heli in your hand. When you rotate the heli with your hand counterclockwise, the tail should spool to counteract the motion. When you rotate the heli clockwise, the tail rotor should stop. Next, carefully verify that rudder stick is working. When you rudder stick right, the tail should spool (carefully while holding the heli, there's quite a bit of torque). When you rudder stick left, the tail should drop RPM.

Once this is all correct, install the main blades. Go to a wide open area and start trying to hover. This really is all that you can effectively do.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:13 PM
Crash perfectionist
Xseeker's Avatar
United States, CA, Beale AFB
Joined Mar 2012
487 Posts
Been a while flying this guy but she went down. Motor died not sure why, the tail spun weird and then motor went out.

V400D02 crash (2 min 51 sec)
Xseeker is offline Find More Posts by Xseeker
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:33 PM
Registered User
segdohbird's Avatar
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
I don't think you're going to get the tail to hold while the heli is on the stand. I certainly couldn't get mine to hold on the stand, but it holds fine the air. There are too many vibes when the heli is on the stand.

Pull off your main blades and then carefully spool the heli in your hand. When you rotate the heli with your hand counterclockwise, the tail should spool to counteract the motion. When you rotate the heli clockwise, the tail rotor should stop. Next, carefully verify that rudder stick is working. When you rudder stick right, the tail should spool (carefully while holding the heli, there's quite a bit of torque). When you rudder stick left, the tail should drop RPM.

Once this is all correct, install the main blades. Go to a wide open area and start trying to hover. This really is all that you can effectively do.
I got it to hold on the stand before I crashed it. But now it's probably setup a little different. Probably just take it to the field tomorrow and play with-it.
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:46 PM
Registered User
segdohbird's Avatar
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xseeker View Post
Been a while flying this guy but she went down. Motor died not sure why, the tail spun weird and then motor went out.

http://youtu.be/EOrURrVoe7U
My biggest fear.....sorry to witness that. How much damage?
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:07 PM
Crash perfectionist
Xseeker's Avatar
United States, CA, Beale AFB
Joined Mar 2012
487 Posts
Haven't checked yet but a quick look, main gear, feather shaft and main shaft id say. And tail rotor.


Quote:
Originally Posted by segdohbird View Post
My biggest fear.....sorry to witness that. How much damage?
Xseeker is offline Find More Posts by Xseeker
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:58 AM
Frogfish
Madog71's Avatar
Malaysia, Melaka
Joined Mar 2012
35 Posts
Hi,
sometimes dreams come true, Thx to rchobbygear it will be the perfect solution to solve the V400 rudder tail problems, and specially on my HK450 TT V2 Pro with V400 tail (Rx 2614v) so this way can use back original torque tail. Hiiiihaaaaa!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/3604899755...iewItem=#payId

Madog71 is offline Find More Posts by Madog71
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:05 AM
rubber heli skills
United States, OR, Seaside
Joined Nov 2009
262 Posts
I know what you are saying. I have a 450 pro with brushless motors and the 2614RX and after 50 flights so far have had no issues and fly's perfect every time. Its my favorite bird.
On my other build - It has the hk 450 with the 2618 RX belt drive. If i have too many problems with the tail end of it then it will take on the 2614 and brushless tail also. It just seems easier. even more so in a fuselage.
mdeutschman is offline Find More Posts by mdeutschman
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:59 AM
Registered User
segdohbird's Avatar
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeutschman View Post
I know what you are saying. I have a 450 pro with brushless motors and the 2614RX and after 50 flights so far have had no issues and fly's perfect every time. Its my favorite bird.
On my other build - It has the hk 450 with the 2618 RX belt drive. If i have too many problems with the tail end of it then it will take on the 2614 and brushless tail also. It just seems easier. even more so in a fuselage.
Is it not possible to use the 2618v with a brushless tail setup?
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Another new Walkera (V400D02)? GetterDragun Micro Helis 130 Apr 01, 2013 09:23 AM
Discussion Alternative canopies for Walkera V200D02, V400D02 JumboA5 Mini Helis 2 Mar 18, 2011 04:29 AM
Question Transport devices for 2x Walkera V400D02 & 2x Walkera V200D02 JumboA5 Electric Heli Talk 2 Dec 13, 2010 08:22 AM
Discussion Walkera new 3D flybarless V400D02 Naev 3D Electric Heli Flying 2 Oct 31, 2010 08:50 PM