SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 14, 2012, 07:12 PM
rubber heli skills
United States, OR, Seaside
Joined Nov 2009
276 Posts
Yes. I have a Detrum 30A waiting for my next build to arrive.
mdeutschman is offline Find More Posts by mdeutschman
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2012, 07:27 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,698 Posts
You can use that to power the rx for binding, and carefully remove the red pin from the esc that is in your v400 so that the rx does not suffer from a power overload.

Plug the 30a esc into one of the servo ports. Bind the tx/rx with the v400 esc unpluged from the throttle port of the rx. Dont forget to remove the red pin (if done correctly, it can slip back into the plug when you are done). Onse the rx is binded with the other esc power, put your throttle stick to full (100%) and plug the v400 esc also with battery connected) into the throttle port of the rx. The motor should beep, then drop the throttle stick to 0% and the motor should beep 3 times, then once, and your done. Then unplug the other esc from the servo port, return the red pin to the v400 esc, and you should be good to go.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:32 AM
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Leuven
Joined Aug 2011
102 Posts
For me, this is a direct replacement for the Exi servo's.
http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/11g-1-7k...item1e6d8050b5

I used them with no trouble and because they were not aible to deliver last month I made the switch to the Hitec 5055's.

Greetz!
Bart Bever is offline Find More Posts by Bart Bever
Old Aug 15, 2012, 06:39 PM
United States, MA, Chelsea
Joined Jul 2012
87 Posts
Anyone know where I can order a bag of bolts and screws that I can use when rebuilding the heli using cocos frame? The stock ones won't work.
vyper2k1 is online now Find More Posts by vyper2k1
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:25 PM
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyper2k1 View Post
Anyone know where I can order a bag of bolts and screws that I can use when rebuilding the heli using cocos frame? The stock ones won't work.
Yea, try flea bay, search for helicopter screw sets.
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:20 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyper2k1 View Post
I just ordered a screw bag set from i think it was heli heli ? anyway most the online stores have screw set bags, i used longer screws for the landing gear and the longer threaded bolts and nuts to connect bottom frame to top.
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:22 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,323 Posts
Loving the V400,s !

After messing with the Trex flybar system im convinced the flybarless is easier to fly and easier to setup . Am i wrong or just biased What are some cheaper main blades for the v400 ? still need the CF ones but seems the Walkera Stock ones are more due the name ? I have two new sets of CF blades that are 1 1/2" longer than the stock V400 blades, they would be no where close to the tail blades so wouldnt they work ??
Last edited by fastfwd; Aug 15, 2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:59 PM
rubber heli skills
United States, OR, Seaside
Joined Nov 2009
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
After messing with the Trex flybar system im convinced the flybarless is easier to fly and easier to setup . Am i wrong or just biased What are some cheaper main blades for the v400 ? still need the CF ones but seems the Walkera Stock ones are more due the name ? I have two new sets of CF blades that are 1 1/2" longer than the stock V400 blades, they would be no where close to the tail blades so wouldnt they work ??
I have used these blades and found them to be the best. kdean also recommends them.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=10820
If they are 325mm or stock 450 blades then they will work.

Im not sure if this is the right thread for this ,but i have bought a brief case and some egg shell foam from a 2nd hand store for $5.50 and built this.

mdeutschman is offline Find More Posts by mdeutschman
Last edited by mdeutschman; Aug 15, 2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:15 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeutschman View Post
I have used these blades and found them to be the best. kdean also recommends them.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=10820
If they are 325mm or stock 450 blades then they will work.

Im not sure if this is the right thread for this ,but i have bought a brief case and some egg shell foam from a 2nd hand store for $5.50 and built this.

Heck yea good idea ! And yes those are the blades i got for trex, balanced a pair and put them on the v400 flys smooth as glass !!
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:25 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,698 Posts
Very nice tx and battery case. I thinking of makeing a field case that can hold my tx, batteries (up to 4 big 5000mah 6s packs), a small tool pouch, my charger, and maybe some spare parts. It would have to be the size of my top loading 450 hard case, if not bigger. Then i think about how heavy it will be, and how many cases can fit in the back of my car, and that makes me thing of not doing it. I normaly cram everything i need into my walkera top loading case, along with my superV, or the 450pro as my warm up heli. But there will come days when i want to take the 500 and 600 out without the little guys, and the 6s packs need alot of room.

BTW, if you are carring spare blades in case of a crash, you might want to take a main gear, boom, tail blades, and main shaft as well as the tools. I cant crash and only damage the main blades anymore. My hits take out anything not straped down inside the battery cage.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 03:24 AM
Czech Republic
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
V400D02 first start

Hello, I'm beginner with RC heli.

I've unpacked my v400d02. I bought Fiber Trainee Landing Kit for it.
I've tried to take off but the heli goes to left side so I've landed. I dont wanna to crash it.
I've set up the heli based on
walkera 2603 setup with v400d02.MOV (18 min 54 sec)
But the heli still turns to left side.
Any idea how to set the heli? It might be mechanical setup of main rotor blades (bail linkage), but I dont know how.
thanx for replies.
djsmeegy is offline Find More Posts by djsmeegy
Old Aug 16, 2012, 04:24 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,698 Posts
When you say "turns to the left", do you mean it drifts or slides with the blades level. Or does the tail drift around. Or does it tilt to the left with the blades wanting to hit the ground???

It is most likely a setup issue, but could be a stripped servo. More info is needed. Can you post a vid of whats going on, or some pics of your head and servo setup?

If you read through this thread, i know its alot of reading but you can skim through, you will most likely know everything you'll need to know about this heli.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 05:07 AM
Czech Republic
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
I have had to more specify this movement...

When the heli is allmost hovering, it tilts to the left with the blades wanting to hit the ground (the last option as you described). Instead of hover directly up, it hovers to left.

I'm not at home now, abt few hours I'll put here some pics of servo settings and video of them, and taking off.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 05:18 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsmeegy View Post
I have had to more specify this movement...

When the heli is allmost hovering, it tilts to the left with the blades wanting to hit the ground (the last option as you described). Instead of hover directly up, it hovers to left.

I'm not at home now, abt few hours I'll put here some pics of servo settings and video of them, and taking off.
In that video im pretty sure i had the fusonic servos in, so i had to reverse the aile elev and pit settings in the tx. If you are using the stock servos you will need these three servo settings in normal mode instead of reverse. If your servos are all revwrsed it will cause what you described.

When you move the cyclic tx stick (right stick) left your swash plate should tilt left, move the stick forward the swash should tilt forward, etc. double check this before trying to take off again and let us know. Like kdean said it could be a number of other things but i have a hunch if u set it up based on my video you might have the servos reversed when they dont need to be for the stock servos.
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:49 AM
Czech Republic
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
for dilberto:

I have stock servos. And I didnt change on tx the direction of servos. They're all of them in normal mode (not reversed). And as you described in video, when you've put TX in same direction as heli (time 6:50) and you moved the cyclic TX stick with comparison with movement of rotor blades. My rotor blades did the same movement dependent on moving cyclic tx as on your video..