SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 07, 2012, 12:06 PM
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
Hi, welcome to the forum and welcome to the heli hobby, youll be addicted in no time if u are looking for some cheap upgrades the first thing u need is new servos, try the exi213f or for something a little better get the fusonic brand. Make sure you get metal gear ones. The servos are a must have and the rest can wait until u learn to fly a little. The next thing will be the main motor but there are many options besides the rtf one. Feel free to ask questions as u go, this aint an easy hobby, but thats what keeps me coming back for more There are still tons of things i have no idea about, but learning is part of the fun, and this forum makes learning a lot easier!
Hey Del, I have the EXI 213F servos on my 400 They seem to work fair, a little glitchy at times, do you think the HS5055Mg are better or do you have an opinion?
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 12:14 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
I think the two top servo options are the hitec 5055 and the fusonics. The fusonics are cheaper and i have heard no complaints about them yet, so they might be the better choice.

Todds models had the 5055's for $16. Then after i bought 6 from them the price went up to $18.
kdean is online now Find More Posts by kdean
Old Aug 07, 2012, 12:21 PM
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
I think the two top servo options are the hitec 5055 and the fusonics. The fusonics are cheaper and i have heard no complaints about them yet, so they might be the better choice.

Todds models had the 5055's for $16. Then after i bought 6 from them the price went up to $18.

TowerHobbies has them for $51.54 for three and about $6 for shipping. I'm thinking about getting the for my 450 pro build (although I have the EXI's on it right now.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 12:28 PM
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
WK-2801 Pro xmitter

I have set my timer to go off a million times and it never alarms. Does anyone know if it uses the same buzzer as the menu settings. Or does anyone know where I can find a schematic for it ?
NEVERMIND, I FOUND IT...STUPID ME&^%$^%&
Last edited by segdohbird; Aug 07, 2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 01:21 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,305 Posts
2801 pro tx alarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by segdohbird View Post
I have set my timer to go off a million times and it never alarms. Does anyone know if it uses the same buzzer as the menu settings. Or does anyone know where I can find a schematic for it ?
NEVERMIND, I FOUND IT...STUPID ME&^%$^%&
When you set it,pay attention to it,sometimes you cannot hear it...it's not that loud but better than nothing.
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: cynr100
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:12 PM
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
When you set it,pay attention to it,sometimes you cannot hear it...it's not that loud but better than nothing.
I pay the house payment, I pay the tax man, I pay the car payment, I just have a hard time paying attention. Ha !
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:20 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
2,004 Posts
You can increase the volume of the alarm in the 2801. I don't remember the specifics right now, but I know it can be done--I turned mine down because I thought it was too loud.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:36 PM
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
You can increase the volume of the alarm in the 2801. I don't remember the specifics right now, but I know it can be done--I turned mine down because I thought it was too loud.
Thankx Nav...I'll play with it when I get home.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:10 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,324 Posts
Ok so i try a 2200mah and the damn heli did the same thing spitting out power, it seemed. So i figured that it was not the batteries, oh darn, but when i started looking at heli i saw the brushless controler or steve chip or whatever, was coming loose, wow , at could have been bad , did some inverted hovering to test ,all is good now,i put some super glue ,lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
He said balls! Lol
I just got done trying to fly, but when i put her up in the sky she quickly lost power, i may have my last 1800 mah blue lipo going bad, im glad i have 2 2200 mah coming,
The battery was half way charged. Wierd , ill have to give it another test,
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:18 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
low power ?

Ok gents every since i reversed the RX and put on the new fusonic servos, i have hardly enough power with a NEW stock motor to get maybe 4 feet up ? So my question is,when i changed everything, did i mess up the esc programming ? Think it needs to be reset so it is going full throttle ?? using a linear pitch curve and my throttle curve is p1= 30% p2=45% pm=55% p3=65% p4=75% ph=100% Or is it due the doubled up upper frame and the ever frame ?? im thinking the helicopter gods don't want me to fly like an eagle !!!
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Last edited by fastfwd; Aug 07, 2012 at 11:52 PM.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:11 PM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
The numbers flash too. That has saved me more than once over the roar of the A/C and cicada's!
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:15 PM
United States, NE, North Platte
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
2200's

Hey kdean or anyone,

I got three turnigy 2200's today. Charged them up and had to shim the battery cage up and down to get them fit. But, the bird seems solid and cg is perfect. My question is how many minutes are folks getting with the 2200's? Also, anyone that has the rtf-heli main brushless have you had a throttle of over 75%? I have my max at 70 and it flies good. It seems the more headspeed I have the better. Kdean, you said 85% would be fine. Is this the case? Can I set my throttle to 85%?
trhodes is offline Find More Posts by trhodes
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:04 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
Are you using the everframe? My 2200 fit perfect.

The battery life depends on the motor your using and where you have your throttle set. With the alpha 400 and my throttle curve at 75% I could get around 7 mins of flight time, safely leaving the 2200 packs with 3.7 p/c.

Now that I'm running the TA804 motor and bumped my throttle up to 80% i can only get 5 mins of flight leaving the packs safe at 3.7v p/c.

To get longer flight times i could lower my throttle to 60% but that head speed will only be good for basic flying and no blade slaping 3D.

If you want to find out where your max throttle is, take of the blades and run through the full throttle range. You should find that once you hit 86% or 87% the rpms will drop.
kdean is online now Find More Posts by kdean
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:02 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
31 Posts
Wow...
I used to own one of these.

I decided to stamp on it, then buy something proper.

How you Men can throw Money at this thing is beyond me.

It was the largest POS I ever did own.

It needed about $200 plowed into it to match it upto some clone junk like a Tarot or CopterX. Lol.

Here is my new toy which is simply amazing... The Gaui X5 FES
ForumFever is offline Find More Posts by ForumFever
Last edited by ForumFever; Nov 01, 2012 at 02:47 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:17 AM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
brushless motor

would this motor work for the V400 ? http://www.hobbypartz.com/esbrmo.html
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd