HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 29, 2011, 09:52 PM
Joined Apr 2011
11 Posts
Hey Kdean, I guess whether 2 or 3 cell usage, the rate of burning is determine by ESC, make sure ESC ain't too strong for the motor, in terms of Amps... Guess it would only burn out from overcurrent

James
jeem is offline Find More Posts by jeem
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2011, 10:44 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,720 Posts
So, if the motor specs are

Continuous Current: 18A

Max Burst Current: 24A

2-3 cell

I should use a 25A esc, right?

Or, should I go with a 18A esc?
kdean is online now Find More Posts by kdean
Old May 30, 2011, 01:09 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,720 Posts
FPV Cam

Here is the test vid I did last week....

http://www.youtube.com/user/BahamaHeli?feature=mhum

Old May 30, 2011, 01:20 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,720 Posts
450 frame

Hey Spad,

This one is for you....

V400D02 MAINFRAME UPGRADE (450 SIZE FRAME) (2 min 12 sec)
Old May 30, 2011, 02:17 AM
United States, CA, Rancho Santa Margarita
Joined May 2011
13 Posts
Is it ok to use a 45C lipo battery on my V400D02. I noticed the stock battery is a 20C, and I got a 2200mah 11.1 45C battery that I want to use and just wondering if its OK to use a 45C
mkalani is offline Find More Posts by mkalani
Old May 30, 2011, 11:00 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkalani View Post
Is it ok to use a 45C lipo battery on my V400D02. I noticed the stock battery is a 20C, and I got a 2200mah 11.1 45C battery that I want to use and just wondering if its OK to use a 45C
As far as i understand, the c rate is the discharge rate. The higher the number the higher the constant current discharge. Meaning, you will have alot of power through you flight, but your flight time will be shorter.
Old May 30, 2011, 11:01 AM
rubber heli skills
United States, OR, Seaside
Joined Nov 2009
288 Posts
Im thinking of buying the V400. Just some Questions first.
Will a brushless motor and esc from a 450 cp heli convert over to this helicopter using its stock rx?
I anderstand about the weak servos. What other parts does this heli go through from a crash?
Looking at the parts for this heli on the flybar-less head. Does the head have feathering shafts? Because i dont see any on the parts, Only the whole head assy. If you break a feathering shaft on the blade holders,Do you have to buy the whole head assy @ $40. a pop? Dont the blade holders sometimes bend or break off in a crash (like most cp heli's)?
mdeutschman is offline Find More Posts by mdeutschman
Old May 30, 2011, 01:59 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeem View Post
Way to go KDean! hope your 450 will fill u with adrenaline

Yea, i was doing some measurements myself, the 12mm motor should fit in just nice... i was actually thinking of fitting Esky's Honey Bee tail motor holder ~ as another alternative I'll just wait for your set up on the tail before i get the converter chips myself ~ it is quite pricey here at my country do let me know if u used the high speed or just the normal converter when u try on the tail.

I am tempted to get the Dual BL converter programmed myself but I really have no knowledge in any of the programming scripts and zero idea hope should the end product should look like ~ hoping that wasp09 would snap a pic of his template made converter. so i'll have a rough idea of how it looks! looking into this direction because Wasp's poll levelling method provide sufficient conversion on the whole range of throttle stick right? i believe that's a better converter than the current 86% cut off... which can be quite dangerous when u r in stunt mode... Wasp ~ only in ur convenience, put up more guides alright? sorry am a noob, but definitely a fast learner too.

Thanks all! Happy and Safe Flying!

James
The thing looks rather simple. I'll take a picture back at home then. Basically it is a DIP ATtiny2313 with connectors. I wrapped it up with tape.

As I said before I don't intend to go BL on the tail hence I won't be able to help you out on picking the tail motor and mounting it.

Doing the converters on our own, is definitely not RTF. If you have a crash and don't work out, don't blame me.

If you want something more RTF, have you looked into getting a 2612V instead?

http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=5137

That should give you direct connections to your BL ESC's on both head and tail, i.e. taking care of converters and no power check.
Wasp09 is offline Find More Posts by Wasp09
Last edited by Wasp09; May 30, 2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old May 30, 2011, 08:16 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,980 Posts
I don't know enough about helis to know the tech stuff, tho I imagine the 450 motor will go in, but will still need a signal converter to make the bl motor work. The only parts I've ever replaced are the tail rotor and motor (burns out), tail motor holder (easy to permanently fix) I've bent the boom,(bent it back and covered with black straw) When I purchased this heli, it already had rtf brushless conversion and metal servos. I've never bent a feathering shaft, or anything else on the head. (I've probably been lucky, but I have a spare head anyways) This is a great beginner's copter.... I know, I'm a beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeutschman View Post
Im thinking of buying the V400. Just some Questions first.
Will a brushless motor and esc from a 450 cp heli convert over to this helicopter using its stock rx?
I anderstand about the weak servos. What other parts does this heli go through from a crash?
Looking at the parts for this heli on the flybar-less head. Does the head have feathering shafts? Because i dont see any on the parts, Only the whole head assy. If you break a feathering shaft on the blade holders,Do you have to buy the whole head assy @ $40. a pop? Dont the blade holders sometimes bend or break off in a crash (like most cp heli's)?
Mitchie is offline Find More Posts by Mitchie
Old May 30, 2011, 08:44 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie View Post
I don't know enough about helis to know the tech stuff, tho I imagine the 450 motor will go in, but will still need a signal converter to make the bl motor work. The only parts I've ever replaced are the tail rotor and motor (burns out), tail motor holder (easy to permanently fix) I've bent the boom,(bent it back and covered with black straw) When I purchased this heli, it already had rtf brushless conversion and metal servos. I've never bent a feathering shaft, or anything else on the head. (I've probably been lucky, but I have a spare head anyways) This is a great beginner's copter.... I know, I'm a beginner
The Align T-rex 450 feathering / horizontal shafts will work.
Old May 30, 2011, 09:01 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,980 Posts
See! That's why kdean's my hero
Mitchie is offline Find More Posts by Mitchie
Old May 30, 2011, 10:04 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,720 Posts
Thanx Mitch, But I'm just trying to make this the best first cp heli that I've ever had. Doin research and digging through the internet for the questions I want answered, then shareing what I find with my friends. I Love You Guys......

I'm down to only one V400 in the air, #3 (stock motors/turnigy servos). I have stripped the rtf brushless system out of #1, and getting ready for phase one of my transplant, installing exceed Alpha 400 and 40A esc.

I'm also distracted with my T-XI V450 project. If you want to follow that project, I've posted a blog on the Heli Freak forum. here is the link....

http://www.helifreak.com/blog.php?u=125628

I have not had the time or the right wind conditions to fly my M120, and this is exam week at school. With all those papers to mark, I dont think I'll get much "heli time" in the next 2 weeks.
Old May 30, 2011, 11:12 PM
Joined Jan 2011
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
What KV is your motor?

Looking at birds with belt drive tail, the tail speed is usually somewhat about 4 times of the head. I guess the V400 head is around 2500 rpm on hover. The tail would be generate more than enough thrust at 10000 rpm as it is fixed at a rather high pitch. We need a tail motor of less than 1000KV for direct drive with 3S. The bigger the tail rotor, the lower KV you would need.

Have fun.
Wasp, I need to beg for a serious signal converter schooling from you. I cannot get the tail signal to drive an ESC at all. I don't know if it is a timing mismatch or one of four or five other variables, but if I give you all the details, would you have any time to offer some suggestions? I'd love to program my own converters, but I am a mechanical guy and am seriously inexperienced electrically. I think I have a good motor, ESC, and mounting solution. Now I just have to drive it.
rustyh17 is offline Find More Posts by rustyh17
Old May 30, 2011, 11:43 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyh17 View Post
Wasp, I need to beg for a serious signal converter schooling from you. I cannot get the tail signal to drive an ESC at all. I don't know if it is a timing mismatch or one of four or five other variables, but if I give you all the details, would you have any time to offer some suggestions? I'd love to program my own converters, but I am a mechanical guy and am seriously inexperienced electrically. I think I have a good motor, ESC, and mounting solution. Now I just have to drive it.
could you get the main motor to work without the stock esc? Details, details...
Old May 31, 2011, 09:22 AM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,360 Posts
need to sub to this since i am in the middle of my own brushless conversion...quick question what are you guys using for pinions on the brushless motors? i am trying to get away with using the spare align 430xl motor i have sitting here but would need a 0.4mod pinion with a 3.17mm shaft diameter

kdean i think you said you tried a 64p pinion gear how did that end up working out for you?
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102