HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 19, 2012, 02:41 PM
Folding Spacetime
navigator2011's Avatar
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,975 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart Bever View Post
check the servo's (as close to 90° as possible at 0 throttle)
Hi Bart, just want to point out the usually we want the servos as close to 90-degrees as possible at mid-stick throttle.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2012, 02:57 PM
Registered User
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Leuven
Joined Aug 2011
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Hi Bart, just want to point out the usually we want the servos as close to 90-degrees as possible at mid-stick throttle.
Hi Nav,
yes, I read this.. but is this setup possible using the 2603 TX?

I'm still using this rookie setup but my flying is getting better... But indeed, at this setting I have lift off at +/- 30% throttle so not possible to go 50% stick and flip to stunt mode.
I understand the stunt mode like this: constant RPM, 0°at 50% stick and then -10° at 0Stick and +10° at 100% stick? This would mean you have the same power pushing down then pitch pump the heli up?

Still a long way for me...

Greetz!
Bart Bever is offline Find More Posts by Bart Bever
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 03:01 PM
Folding Spacetime
navigator2011's Avatar
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,975 Posts
Hi Bart, yes it is possible to set up everything to "spec" in the 2603Tx, but it is not easy nor straightforward. That is why I saved the above-quoted text by Blayd. But when I was using the 2603Tx, I had it adjusted pretty close to 0-degrees blade pitch at 50% stick in normal mode, and about +9 degrees at 100% stick. What you said about stunt mode is correct.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 03:03 PM
Registered User
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Hi Bart, just want to point out the usually we want the servos as close to 90-degrees as possible at mid-stick throttle.
hmmm now i am very confused ? i have been setting them at 90 when in neutral at 0 throttle ?
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 03:14 PM
Registered User
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Leuven
Joined Aug 2011
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
hmmm now i am very confused ? i have been setting them at 90 when in neutral at 0 throttle ?
As do I...

the wizards will answer this soon but my guess is that it makes the switch from normal mode to stunt mode easier because in both modes the blade pitch is 0° at 50% stick ? and from then on you have full power going up and down..

Maybe I should buy me a nice RC car!
Bart Bever is offline Find More Posts by Bart Bever
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 03:44 PM
Registered User
CO2X2010's Avatar
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,252 Posts
superbluev400

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
Well crap ! tail on the superblueV400 stopped spinning. There is no beeps or anything, also when i start to power up if i drop stick to 0 throttle then back up again main motor wont go,it starts but if i back off then power up again it wont start ? any ideas ? Maybe ESC ?? Any tests i can do to see what it is that has stopped working ?? I was VERY lucky to land it yesterday when it went nuts a little hard landing on grass but nothing broken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G3vZ...ature=youtu.be
Fastfwd,
Looks like you have a connection issues. Check all the wirings makes sure all are tight and not loose.Get a magniflying glass and check those tiny wires on the tail motor.If you have check all wiring and it's good, get a spare tail bl motor and see if it works,maybe the tail motor just quit and go down testing the v400 esc and the tail esc.
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Co2x tesla one
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 03:48 PM
Folding Spacetime
navigator2011's Avatar
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,975 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart Bever View Post
As do I...

the wizards will answer this soon but my guess is that it makes the switch from normal mode to stunt mode easier because in both modes the blade pitch is 0° at 50% stick ? and from then on you have full power going up and down..

Maybe I should buy me a nice RC car!
Well, look at it this way--you have to have some negative pitch at the lower stick positions if you want to ever bring the heli back down, especially in the wind.

Setting the servo arms at 90-degrees at mid-stick with the blades at 0-degrees is an easy way to set up your mechanical. Part of the issue is that you want a smooth transition between normal flight mode and stunt mode--you don't want the heli to lunge upwards when switch to stunt mode, nor do you want to strip your main gear. But really, when properly set up, the normal mode and the stunt modes should be essentially the same pitch-wise except that the normal mode remains higher below mid-stick to facilitate spooling up and taking off without a lot of negative pitch. This helps you avoid sucking up a lot of dirt, sand or leaves into your heli as you spool up.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 04:04 PM
Registered User
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Well, look at it this way--you have to have some negative pitch at the lower stick positions if you want to ever bring the heli back down, especially in the wind.

Setting the servo arms at 90-degrees at mid-stick with the blades at 0-degrees is an easy way to set up your mechanical. Part of the issue is that you want a smooth transition between normal flight mode and stunt mode--you don't want the heli to lunge upwards when switch to stunt mode, nor do you want to strip your main gear. But really, when properly set up, the normal mode and the stunt modes should be essentially the same pitch-wise except that the normal mode remains higher below mid-stick to facilitate spooling up and taking off without a lot of negative pitch. This helps you avoid sucking up a lot of dirt, sand or leaves into your heli as you spool up.
probably why im having such a hard time getting pitch, i have 0 at mid stick,-4 at 0 stick and +9 at full stick. but didnt start with servos at 90 at mid stick. ill do it all again after i go catch a BIG trout !
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 04:05 PM
Registered User
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
Fastfwd,
Looks like you have a connection issues. Check all the wirings makes sure all are tight and not loose.Get a magniflying glass and check those tiny wires on the tail motor.If you have check all wiring and it's good, get a spare tail bl motor and see if it works,maybe the tail motor just quit and go down testing the v400 esc and the tail esc.
Yes im sure something is just loose, i also see a wire or two on bottom of heli that have split insulation cover. ill check tail wires for sure, im off to catch a BIG old trout and will play with it later
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 04:07 PM
Folding Spacetime
navigator2011's Avatar
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,975 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
probably why im having such a hard time getting pitch, i have 0 at mid stick,-4 at 0 stick and +9 at full stick. but didnt start with servos at 90 at mid stick. ill do it all again after i go catch a BIG trout !
Yep, your pitch is fine, but your servo angles will have to go . . .
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 04:28 PM
Registered User
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Yep, your pitch is fine, but your servo angles will have to go . . .
i wondered about that they are at an extreme angle at full stick.
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 04:28 PM
rubber heli skills
United States, OR, Seaside
Joined Nov 2009
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
check hobbyking EXCEED -RC PROTON-18A
Thanks bud. If it will work then i will get one.
mdeutschman is offline Find More Posts by mdeutschman
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 04:36 PM
rubber heli skills
United States, OR, Seaside
Joined Nov 2009
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
check hobbyking EXCEED -RC PROTON-18A
Is this the one?
http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e02-proton-18a.html
mdeutschman is offline Find More Posts by mdeutschman
Last edited by mdeutschman; Jul 19, 2012 at 04:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 04:57 PM
Registered User
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
Fastfwd,
Looks like you have a connection issues. Check all the wirings makes sure all are tight and not loose.Get a magniflying glass and check those tiny wires on the tail motor.If you have check all wiring and it's good, get a spare tail bl motor and see if it works,maybe the tail motor just quit and go down testing the v400 esc and the tail esc.
Ok i found this fuse (i think) was up next to main gear, and was touching the main shaft on bottom. could it have blown this fuse ? tail still wont spin.
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Last edited by fastfwd; Jul 19, 2012 at 05:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 04:58 PM
Registered User
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeutschman View Post
Yes that is it, i guess hobbyking don't have it anymore as i couldn't find it either
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Another new Walkera (V400D02)? GetterDragun Micro Helis 130 Apr 01, 2013 09:23 AM
Discussion Alternative canopies for Walkera V200D02, V400D02 JumboA5 Mini Helis 2 Mar 18, 2011 04:29 AM
Question Transport devices for 2x Walkera V400D02 & 2x Walkera V200D02 JumboA5 Electric Heli Talk 2 Dec 13, 2010 08:22 AM
Discussion Walkera new 3D flybarless V400D02 Naev 3D Electric Heli Flying 2 Oct 31, 2010 08:50 PM