SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 08, 2012, 09:51 AM
United States, NE, North Platte
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
You definitely need some play between the pinion and main gear, not because of vibes bit to avoid heating your motor and esc. My delay pot is closer to the minus side, and my tail mix pot is closer to the plus side. Perhaps, your head speed is too high for the tail to keep up? Or, maybe there are some other vibes getting to the rx? I'm struggling with wagging too, but not the tail. My wagging is cyclic in the roll direction.
I actually increased the headspeed and that seemed to help. I think with the everframe, doubling up the upper frame, and using a heavier battery that I needed more rpm's. I am also going to turn down the gyros on the elev. and aile. The fusonics are so responsive I think the heli is trying to compensate constantly.
trhodes is offline Find More Posts by trhodes
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2012, 11:00 AM
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Mar 2012
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
I'm not sure because walkera could have changed that when they went to the devo version, which i think you have (?). I've replaced my feathering shaft with a 450pro, and i'm pretty sure others with the older version v400 have too (tho i'd like somebody else to chime in here if you can .. kdean, helib, nav, etc). It is possible walkera changed that because companies like to change little things to keep the lineup fresh so they can keep it on store shelves as a "new item".

If u can post a pic of your main rotor head assembly and feathering shaft it might clear things up a bit. In this pic you can kinda see my v400 feathering shaft with different diameter ends (the feathering shaft is connected to one blade holder on the end of my allen wrench near the bottom of the pic) http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...liapartJPG.jpg

Yes i have the Devo version. Ill take a pic today and put it up of what my FS looks like.
rangerxp28 is offline Find More Posts by rangerxp28
Old Jul 08, 2012, 12:10 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhodes View Post
I actually increased the headspeed and that seemed to help. I think with the everframe, doubling up the upper frame, and using a heavier battery that I needed more rpm's. I am also going to turn down the gyros on the elev. and aile. The fusonics are so responsive I think the heli is trying to compensate constantly.
hmmm that is what mine is doing since i installed fusonics,dbl upper frame and everframe, it is all over the place ! let me know if you figure it out ?
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Jul 08, 2012, 12:24 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerxp28 View Post
Yes i have the Devo version. Ill take a pic today and put it up of what my FS looks like.
Here is mine off my v400 ,no taper end and i have yet to see this part listed on any heli parts site. now that i know ill look at other brands see if i can find one that fits.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 02:07 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
2,004 Posts
Well, apparently Walkera doesn't want us buying align parts for the v400. They would rather gouge us for the price a whole new rotor head. Nice...

I'm not positive, but if you get the align thrust bearings, you may be able to go ahead and use the align featherimg shaft.

I installed the Fusonics on my 450 Pro, and its a real challenge to fly, super responsive and jumpy. More often than not, I have thought of changing to a different brand.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Jul 08, 2012, 03:51 PM
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Mar 2012
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
Here is mine off my v400 ,no taper end and i have yet to see this part listed on any heli parts site. now that i know ill look at other brands see if i can find one that fits.
Thats what i have right there! Looks like im going to be getting new align thrust bearings and see if it all works out. Ill post if it did or not when i get them on my next Payday.
rangerxp28 is offline Find More Posts by rangerxp28
Old Jul 08, 2012, 03:55 PM
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
Quote:
Well, apparently Walkera doesn't want us buying align parts for the v400. They would rather gouge us for the price a whole new rotor head. Nice...

I'm not positive, but if you get the align thrust bearings, you may be able to go ahead and use the align featherimg shaft.

I installed the Fusonics on my 450 Pro, and its a real challenge to fly, super responsive and jumpy. More often than not, I have thought of changing to a different brand.
Nav,

What about dialing a little more expo in? Do you think that would help the jumpiness? I added more headspeed and that has helped a bunch. My throttle curves are 0, 50, 60, 60, 60, 60 , 60. I am thinking about going to 70 with the last five curves. I also turned down the aile. and elev pot on the gyro. I might turn these down even more. It is flying pretty good now. I noticed when my batteries get to 3.7 on each cell my performance drops significantly. Is this normal?
Old Jul 08, 2012, 04:30 PM
Folding Spacetime
Joined Jul 2011
2,004 Posts
First, I want to make it that I don't know if the align thrust bearing trick will work. Maybe some one else here can be more assuring. As for expo, yep I'm using some, but its still jumpy on the cyclic. I've gotten better at flying it just by getting used to the twitchy behavior.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 04:40 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
First, I want to make it that I don't know if the align thrust bearing trick will work. Maybe some one else here can be more assuring. As for expo, yep I'm using some, but its still jumpy on the cyclic. I've gotten better at flying it just by getting used to the twitchy behavior.
Mine refuses to hover now with the fusonics, redid the setup of swash, have correct pitch ect,it just goes all over the place. ill try turning down gyro ect this afternoon and see what happens.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 06:38 PM
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
Mine refuses to hover now with the fusonics, redid the setup of swash, have correct pitch ect,it just goes all over the place. ill try turning down gyro ect this afternoon and see what happens.
Can you be more specific? What exactly is it doing? Mine is fine in the hover. I get just a little tail wag, but I am going the process of eliminating that. When I punch the throttle the heli goes straight up and the tail holds real well. The tail will not wag until I get to the top of the punch and start to bring her down.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 07:25 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhodes View Post
Can you be more specific? What exactly is it doing? Mine is fine in the hover. I get just a little tail wag, but I am going the process of eliminating that. When I punch the throttle the heli goes straight up and the tail holds real well. The tail will not wag until I get to the top of the punch and start to bring her down.
Almost like there is no gyro or to much gyro, slides left and right, forward and backwards, just all over the place. I double checked the adjust switch and it is in the on position so that means it is in work yes ? Also on the Stinking devo 7 if i use gyro in manual and make the gear switch work to turn off and on, it wont stay that way, i go into the model menu, go to output, and change the gear switch to work for Gyro and when i turn off TX then back on the gear switch is set back to gear ??. So now i have Gyro on auto and Normal set to 80% and position 1 set to 80%. Bird still all over the place. Before i installed fusonics and rotated the RX it hovered like a humming bird.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 07:39 PM
Folding Spacetime
Joined Jul 2011
2,004 Posts
I think that adj/wk switch is supposed to be set to wk for "work" when you want the gyros to be functioning.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 08:54 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
It might just be that the speed and travel rate of the fusonics are makeing the heli twitchy. The tgy90 servoed v400 feels smoother but has a slower response than the superV w/5055. I also had to lower the travel adjust for the tgy servos (as low as 45% for some). This will calm down the cyclic travel rate and tame it alot. Also, if you are used to the slower/less travel servos, you may just need to re-teach your thumbs how much input is needed to get the same results. And the gyro sens pots might need some tweeking as it will have the same issue your thumbs are haveing, over/under controling the cyclic.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Jul 08, 2012, 09:04 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
I did my regular sunday session today with the superV. Its still the only heli flying right now in my fleet. Put 4 good packs through it and over 80% of my flights were spent inverted or getting inverted. I almost got the blades into the grass after doing a lower than normal transition, but my thumbs did what they were suposed to do and saved it without me even thinking about it. No more 'shakey thumbs' when i'm flying inverted circles or doing rolling transitions. Im now wanting to throw some tail action into my transition and start piroing stuff, but i'm very concious of the tail motor and its limitations. It may take some very slow babe steps to get confident knowing the tail wont blow out on me. Still no vids, but soon.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Jul 08, 2012, 11:58 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
I did my regular sunday session today with the superV. Its still the only heli flying right now in my fleet. Put 4 good packs through it and over 80% of my flights were spent inverted or getting inverted. I almost got the blades into the grass after doing a lower than normal transition, but my thumbs did what they were suposed to do and saved it without me even thinking about it. No more 'shakey thumbs' when i'm flying inverted circles or doing rolling transitions. Im now wanting to throw some tail action into my transition and start piroing stuff, but i'm very concious of the tail motor and its limitations. It may take some very slow babe steps to get confident knowing the tail wont blow out on me. Still no vids, but soon.
Would love to see some vids Main Man K

It's been a while since you've posted one and i know you're getting a lot better. One thing i find neat about posting regular videos is that i can see my flight progression. I'm no where near doing inverted circles yet, but i'd like to see your new flight skills when you get a chance
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto