HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 26, 2012, 08:40 PM
Registered User
United States, NE, North Platte
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
Okay,

I was wrong, and it goes to show you that you need to balance your blades. I had one of the better flights that I have had with the v400. Just using the stock 1200 battery. I am going to try the 1500 a little later. The bird is always a little twitchy when I use the 1500. The only reason I can think of is weight and cg. I am thinking that I don't put the battery up far enough. I like my nose to be a little heavy.
trhodes is offline Find More Posts by trhodes
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2012, 08:43 PM
Registered User
United States, NE, North Platte
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
anyone here using a rx2702v to build a 450?
I am going to go with the 2707v-d as I have a devo 10. I am getting the alzrc 450 pro fbl for $99. I have an align brushless motor and hs-65's for servos also have the esc. The only thing I will need will be a bigger tail servo.
trhodes is offline Find More Posts by trhodes
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2012, 09:23 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2011
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhodes View Post
I am going to go with the 2707v-d as I have a devo 10. I am getting the alzrc 450 pro fbl for $99. I have an align brushless motor and hs-65's for servos also have the esc. The only thing I will need will be a bigger tail servo.
Let us know how u go when setting it up. I've got difficulties setting the RX right. Both aileron and pitch servos moving in opposite directions even though i've reversed them in the TX. My 450 has been sitting on the floor for nearly 6 months now collecting dust. =(
eugenechong is offline Find More Posts by eugenechong
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2012, 09:48 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
Let us know how u go when setting it up. I've got difficulties setting the RX right. Both aileron and pitch servos moving in opposite directions even though i've reversed them in the TX. My 450 has been sitting on the floor for nearly 6 months now collecting dust. =(
There are a handful of us running the 2702v in the 450 fbl helis. I didn't need to reverse my servos, what servos are you using? If all else fails try plugging the aileron servo into the pitch location on the rx and vise versa. Just be sure to double check your gyro direction, then check again.
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2012, 09:55 PM
Folding Spacetime
navigator2011's Avatar
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,953 Posts
I am using the 2702 on my 450, and it works great. Besides using the reverse feature in the tx you can also switch the positions of the pit and aileron servos on the heli. Just keep messing with until you get it right. You will be happy when you get it working.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:02 PM
Registered User
United States, NE, North Platte
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
The 1500 battery was really twitchy. The bird vibrated bad. Why in the hell is the 1200 smooth and the 1500 wobbly? I also checked my bladed grips. If i move the grips up and down gently one has more play then the other. I am wondering if I need new grips. I put in a new feathering shaft. Does anyone else have play when moving the grips gently up and down?
trhodes is offline Find More Posts by trhodes
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:03 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2011
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
There are a handful of us running the 2702v in the 450 fbl helis. I didn't need to reverse my servos, what servos are you using? If all else fails try plugging the aileron servo into the pitch location on the rx and vise versa. Just be sure to double check your gyro direction, then check again.
I've tried swapping both servos around and still got the same results. I'm not too sure what servos are they. They came with the Tarot 450 pro combo kit.

Does the 2702v come with built in gyro? I have the rx with the 2 small lil' antennas facing out at the tail of the heli. Is that in a good direction?
eugenechong is offline Find More Posts by eugenechong
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:03 PM
Registered User
United States, NE, North Platte
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
I am using the 2702 on my 450, and it works great. Besides using the reverse feature in the tx you can also switch the positions of the pit and aileron servos on the heli. Just keep messing with until you get it right. You will be happy when you get it working.
Does it fly better than your v400?
trhodes is offline Find More Posts by trhodes
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:16 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhodes View Post
The 1500 battery was really twitchy. The bird vibrated bad. Why in the hell is the 1200 smooth and the 1500 wobbly? I also checked my bladed grips. If i move the grips up and down gently one has more play then the other. I am wondering if I need new grips. I put in a new feathering shaft. Does anyone else have play when moving the grips gently up and down?
No idea why one battery would cause more wobble than another, only things i can think of is that it gives more power and has more weight so you might be hitting a harmonic frequency in a vibration that was already there. Try turning the throttle up or down and see if that makes a difference.

Also, your blade grips being loose could cause vibration problems (double check your swash stabilizer too, cause i'm pretty sure a stripped screw on that gave me issues once, everything should be nice and tight). Just don't replace your entire blade grips yet, a tiny bit of play in them is normal, but most likely you only need dampers
http://www.experiencerc.com/store/pr...oducts_id=2807
Those are just a quick search to show you what i'm talking about, i've never used those specific ones, but something like that. It goes inside the center part of the main blade grip head, and the feathering shaft slide through them.

It could also possibly be your blade grip bearings, which are also cheap, so i'd suggest trying those two first if you don't want to fork out the cash for a whole head assembly.
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:54 PM
Folding Spacetime
navigator2011's Avatar
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,953 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhodes View Post
Does it fly better than your v400?
Well, yeah, I think it does. But the v400 is still also very stable and fun to fly as well.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2012, 08:12 AM
Registered User
United States, NE, North Platte
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
Stock blades are still the best for me. Tried the extremes with the 1500 and then put the stock blades back on. The v400 flew much better with the stock blades.
trhodes is offline Find More Posts by trhodes
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2012, 08:39 AM
Registered User
United States, NE, North Platte
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
Question

With tail in and aggressively moving the v400 left and right into a bank sometimes the tail wag is worse going to the left as opposed to the right. Does anyone else experience this? I believe that everything is mechanically set up. I am going to get some thicker 3m double sided tape to help with vibrations. I am also going to zip tie all wires going to the receiver to help. I have the rtf brushless and noticed the brushed tail plug just hangs by the rx. It is hanging on by one wire. The other wires go to a new plug that I am assuming are for the brushless tail. Don't know if this enhancing my tail problem or not.
trhodes is offline Find More Posts by trhodes
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:29 AM
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,095 Posts
R u running a flat throttle curve. And try running higher rpms, or turn down the gyro..


Quote:
Originally Posted by trhodes View Post
With tail in and aggressively moving the v400 left and right into a bank sometimes the tail wag is worse going to the left as opposed to the right. Does anyone else experience this? I believe that everything is mechanically set up. I am going to get some thicker 3m double sided tape to help with vibrations. I am also going to zip tie all wires going to the receiver to help. I have the rtf brushless and noticed the brushed tail plug just hangs by the rx. It is hanging on by one wire. The other wires go to a new plug that I am assuming are for the brushless tail. Don't know if this enhancing my tail problem or not.
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:30 AM
Folding Spacetime
navigator2011's Avatar
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,953 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhodes View Post
Stock blades are still the best for me. Tried the extremes with the 1500 and then put the stock blades back on. The v400 flew much better with the stock blades.
With the longer blades, proper balancing is going to be even more critical. The V400 has a much lighter frame than, say, a Trex 450 Pro and so any slight imbalance will lead to an exagerated wobble, especially during spooling up and down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trhodes View Post
With tail in and aggressively moving the v400 left and right into a bank sometimes the tail wag is worse going to the left as opposed to the right. Does anyone else experience this? I believe that everything is mechanically set up. I am going to get some thicker 3m double sided tape to help with vibrations. I am also going to zip tie all wires going to the receiver to help. I have the rtf brushless and noticed the brushed tail plug just hangs by the rx. It is hanging on by one wire. The other wires go to a new plug that I am assuming are for the brushless tail. Don't know if this enhancing my tail problem or not.
Absolutely nothing on the heli should be just hanging anywhere, or else you're just asking for vibes. Do use zip-ties to bundle the wires and secure them to logical places on the frame. 3M tape has worked well for me on my 450 Pro and my V120D02S, so I'm confident that it would be fine for the V400, too. Once you remove the old tape, be sure to first use some alcohol to clean the bottom of the receiver and the frame where the receiver will go. And, do not use any zip-ties or other similar devices on the receiver itself--they will only transmit vibes directly into the receiver.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:40 AM
Folding Spacetime
navigator2011's Avatar
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,953 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
I've tried swapping both servos around and still got the same results. I'm not too sure what servos are they. They came with the Tarot 450 pro combo kit.

Does the 2702v come with built in gyro? I have the rx with the 2 small lil' antennas facing out at the tail of the heli. Is that in a good direction?

Since you are building a 450 kit and using the Rx2702, I seriously recommend that you go to the following threads and read everything posted. This is absolutely the best way to come up to speed with your issues.

Walkera V Clone Projects (T-rex, ect.)

Walkera V450D01

HeliFlyer711's Blog: How to go from pieces to piro's with the Walkera V450D01

I also recommend downloading a copy of the V450D01 User's manual from the Walkera website.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Another new Walkera (V400D02)? GetterDragun Micro Helis 130 Apr 01, 2013 09:23 AM
Discussion Alternative canopies for Walkera V200D02, V400D02 JumboA5 Mini Helis 2 Mar 18, 2011 04:29 AM
Question Transport devices for 2x Walkera V400D02 & 2x Walkera V200D02 JumboA5 Electric Heli Talk 2 Dec 13, 2010 08:22 AM
Discussion Walkera new 3D flybarless V400D02 Naev 3D Electric Heli Flying 2 Oct 31, 2010 08:50 PM