HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:35 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
put on a new dynam servo and the v400 is all over the place now. do you have to like reset the pitch and everything when replacing a servo ? also i noticed when i give left or right aileron it moves back to neutral a little slow,like there isn't any snap to it. this is sitting on the table,its slow to come back to center when i do elevator also. i mean i can see the swash slowly coming back to neutral.a tx setting or what ? any ideas ?
Did you just replace one servo? Having one servo a different brand from the other two can cause some dramatic effects. It's possible to tone that down with some of the tx settings, but i haven't messed with that yet. I'd suggest to make sure you have all three servos the same type, so that they move in the same way. If they are already the same type then if you could snap a vid of what you are seeing, that would help us figure out what's going on.

The slow moving back is normal, though the speed at which they move back depends on your settings. I think this is similar to what a flybar does mechanically (and the size of the flybar affects the speed it moves back), though i haven't had a flybar heli long enough to test this theory
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:58 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhodes View Post
I have the fusonics as well dil. I am wondering how you ran the servo wiring to the rx. My wires are tight as you have to turn the rx 180 degrees. Could you post a pic with the canopy off? I might try to set my pitch curves linear with inhibiting all the points except L and H. Does the midpoint need to be set or can it stay as inhibited?
I'll try to post a bunch of pics and a write up tomorrow, i won't wait for the last few parts i just broke to come in, i'm pretty sure it'll fly alright cause i had it hovering a little before the swash plate screw came out (i guess i deserve that one after letting a 9 year old give it a go at taking it apart). Or if i don't get a chance to post tomorrow then sometime in the next few days. i've been pretty busy lately with this move.. i've got a whole house and a few cars to take care of, and my wife went over with one suitcase and a dog to start her new job, leaving me with everything else

I still make time for my helis though, I flew two batts and got a vid or two today since it's been a bit since i've posted one, i'll upload it tonight or tomorrow (they take a while to load to youtube..)

I ran the servo wires on the outside this time, i had run them behind the elevator servo before and didn't like taking off all servos to service one. They just barely fit, but you may be able to see in that first pic i posted how i used hot glue to run the wires along the lower outside of the servo.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 04:21 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1 Posts
Wow, lot of info was looking for here, thanks for sharing these tips
By the way I have been discoring a new type of helicopters which I had aboslutely no idea about. I bought one of them on a french website (I think it was in this rc helicopter shop). So i bought what they call a "drone" : http://www.helicoptere-rc-24.com/10-...ur-helicoptere and I must say that i got completely surprised... they are amazing !! They can fly really easily and you can handle them soooo well !
My next step is to fix a camera on it and to record the little i can fly
I definitly recommand you one of them !
Jessica22 is offline Find More Posts by Jessica22
Last edited by Jessica22; Sep 23, 2012 at 06:23 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 04:52 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica22 View Post
Wow, lot of info was looking for here, thanks for sharing these tips
No prob, just let us know if you have any specific questions or problems with your heli. No biggie even if you think they might have already been discussed here, just feel free to ask rather than spend all day searching the internet. There are more than enough people here that can help out
Old Jun 26, 2012, 08:52 AM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
Did you just replace one servo? Having one servo a different brand from the other two can cause some dramatic effects. It's possible to tone that down with some of the tx settings, but i haven't messed with that yet. I'd suggest to make sure you have all three servos the same type, so that they move in the same way. If they are already the same type then if you could snap a vid of what you are seeing, that would help us figure out what's going on.

The slow moving back is normal, though the speed at which they move back depends on your settings. I think this is similar to what a flybar does mechanically (and the size of the flybar affects the speed it moves back), though i haven't had a flybar heli long enough to test this theory
the one i put on is like a dynam other two are new v400 ones. i have 3 new fusonics, but this rotating the RX 180 degree thing has me scratching my head. why not just rotate the wires around ? i mean why do you have to rotate the RX to use fusonics ??
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Jun 26, 2012, 09:46 AM
Joined Mar 2012
3,304 Posts
keeping it !

I decided to keep my 450se Trex,i had it up for sale. Im going to get a new radio and rx. like this one here as i have a $72 credit with hobbyking
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...992&aff=177626
It is on backorder so waiting. would love to get a dx6i but money is to tight so hope this one will work. I have looked all over the net and in manual and no one knows how to set endpoints on this POS Devo7.So now i have a brand new Devo7 and RX802 i cant use on the Trex,maybe ill use it on a plane down the road,put it up for sale in classifieds but no one is interested in Devo7 i guess LOL
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:04 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,757 Posts
I have been looking at the conversion process to convert to brushless motors.
Has anyone ever tried just using brushless ESC and brushless motor without the converter?
Several of us have done this with FP heli with no problems. You just plug the ESC into the throttle servo port and all works fine.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Jun 26, 2012, 01:02 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I have been looking at the conversion process to convert to brushless motors.
Has anyone ever tried just using brushless ESC and brushless motor without the converter?
Several of us have done this with FP heli with no problems. You just plug the ESC into the throttle servo port and all works fine.
Yes, that has been tried serveral times, and it didn't work for anyone. The Rx2614V in the V400D02 requires a signal converter.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Jun 26, 2012, 05:13 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
the one i put on is like a dynam other two are new v400 ones. i have 3 new fusonics, but this rotating the RX 180 degree thing has me scratching my head. why not just rotate the wires around ? i mean why do you have to rotate the RX to use fusonics ??
There appears to be no standard for which way is which with the servo signal, and there is no switch or digital way to reverse the gyros in the 2614rx, so you have to physically rotate the rx 180 degrees to get it to work, and reverse your settings in the tx. You're basically just physically reversing the aileron and elevator gyros. There have been pics posted of this, and i think kdean has them on his blog about the hitechs, but if you cant find it let me know and i can snap another pic

I would suggest to install the fusonics and don't fly with one different servo, especially if you can tell it's way off cause that's asking for trouble.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 05:34 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Btw, i started a crash video thread, so post it if ya got it!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1679751
Old Jun 26, 2012, 06:19 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
There appears to be no standard for which way is which with the servo signal, and there is no switch or digital way to reverse the gyros in the 2614rx, so you have to physically rotate the rx 180 degrees to get it to work, and reverse your settings in the tx. You're basically just physically reversing the aileron and elevator gyros. There have been pics posted of this, and i think kdean has them on his blog about the hitechs, but if you cant find it let me know and i can snap another pic

I would suggest to install the fusonics and don't fly with one different servo, especially if you can tell it's way off cause that's asking for trouble.
hmmm what would happen i wonder if i was to use the rx802 i bought for the trex on the V400 ? still have to rotate it ? i know about the blog as i have it bookmarked just either afeared or to lazy to do it lol . im off to see grandkids until saturday,so a little time out will help with the frigging $%^%$#@ helicopter stress wooot !!!!
Old Jun 26, 2012, 06:26 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
hmmm what would happen i wonder if i was to use the rx802 i bought for the trex on the V400 ? still have to rotate it ? i know about the blog as i have it bookmarked just either afeared or to lazy to do it lol . im off to see grandkids until saturday,so a little time out will help with the frigging $%^%$#@ helicopter stress wooot !!!!
the rx 802 doesn't have any gyros in it, so you would need a flybar and a tail gyro to fly it. I had a little concern about flipping the rx around too but it was nothing, and signal strength is plenty good enough that you don't have to worry about the antennas.

Sometimes we all need a break from our helis. Though i want to go fly mine now Somebody is coming to look at my car since i'm selling it so i want to see if i can get my friend to snap a picture of me flying my heli inverted in front of my car before i sell it
Old Jun 26, 2012, 08:11 PM
Joined Jun 2011
570 Posts
anyone here using a rx2702v to build a 450?
eugenechong is offline Find More Posts by eugenechong
Old Jun 26, 2012, 08:16 PM
Joined Jun 2011
570 Posts
Quote:
check that the motor gear is meshing with the main gear ?
All gears are working fine. The RX does blink a few seconds after i throttled up. I had the same issue back then with my 4#6 and it was the ESC. So I'm not too sure if it is the ESC again this time or the battery. Still waiting for both parts in to try out. hehe.....
eugenechong is offline Find More Posts by eugenechong
Old Jun 26, 2012, 08:24 PM
United States, NE, North Platte
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
Wow,

I just got the extreme blades from rtf and balance was aweful. The cg of the blades was fine, but I thought I was going to run out of tape trying to get them to balance. I haven't flown with the blades, but I don't expect the flight to be good. I need to find better blades.
trhodes is offline Find More Posts by trhodes