HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2012, 02:31 AM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
What happend ff?

Is there anything we can help with? I know the feeling of wanting to quit helis, in fact when my 500 crashed last week the thought of selling all my helis, except the superV400, and just go back to flying around the park crossed my mind. I was pretty pissed for the rest of that day, but after my wounds healed and i thought about how far i've come and what it took to get here, i decided to keep on pushing away at it.

Most of the time its a simple setup problem that is overlooked, or in my case, electrical system failure that is the cause of all the frustration. Once these things have been overcome, the good days will out weigh the bad. I was on top of the world when my 500 made 10 flights without any problems, and i want to get that feeling back.

We are here to help. Just ask away...
Well totaly had a stripped back left servo looking at heli from back. i heard a swooosh sound and down it went, broke the tail off, and im thinking while i got it torn down may as well put in new feather shafts ? So will the trex 450se shafts work, or the 450 pro shafts ? I have ALOT of both Drives me nuts that to get that servo off i have to take ALL the servos off as the stinking wires are behind them..
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2012, 06:41 AM
United States, NE, North Platte
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
Pitch curves

For those of you running a 7 point pitch curve,

What pitch degrees are you running at each point in normal flight mode? I what the curves to be as smooth as possible.

TIA
trhodes is offline Find More Posts by trhodes
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:03 AM
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
Pitch questions

Hey everyone,

I have a question on my pitch curves. Right now my curves are set low because I have so much throw with my pitch servo. My question is should I lower my pitch travel adjustment and raise my pitch points so that it is set up more traditionally? Or am I achieving the same the thing? I read on another site where people were lowering their travel adjustment because their tail motor would not hold.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:53 AM
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
Sure thing, I took pictures along the way of building it and plan to post a write up as soon as i get it test flown. I wonder if the loctite is dry yet.....

Basically though, you need an extra tail support like RTF-heli has and then you can take off those tail supports. The bolts for the supports were causing my battery not to fit, and i forgot how the original wiring is, but you can rewire it if they are in the way. I want to test fly it before posting though, because i'm concerned the extra springyness (technical term) of the tail without the supports might cause some loss of performance, but i'll test it. The only other thing is that you need to make sure your battery fits under the main gear and you'll need to hold it down so it doesn't rub. I'm using a combo of washers to increase the cage size for my big batteries, and velcro to hold it in place.
Hey dil,
Can't wait for the pics. You know what they say 'a picture is worth a thousand words'. I'm sure as far as the batteries go, you're using 2200mah.So I'll have to get some deminsions for thoes when I get ready to use 2200mah, only have 1500mah right now. Did you double up on the upper frame ??? And in doing so did you need to get longer screws to accomodate the double thickness of the upper frame ??? And is it advisable to glue the two sanwiched upper frames together ? Just trying to get my s**^ together before all the parts get here.Had to order one new servo because the unschedualed landing broke the ear off the mounting case. So I should have everything within a week or two. And what do you guys recommend for lock-tight ? I've been using (blue) automotive.
Clear prop........
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Old Jun 25, 2012, 01:48 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhodes View Post

What pitch degrees are you running at each point in normal flight mode? I what the curves to be as smooth as possible.

TIA
PTCRV
SRVHD=Yes
Mode=Norm--EXP=on
Point--P-L--Output=+30%
Point--P-1--State--Act-Output=+45%
Point--P-2--State--Act-Output=+50%
Point--P-M--State--Act-Output=+55%
Point--P-3--State--Act-Output=+55%
Point--P-4--State--Act-Output=+65%
Point--P-H--State--Act-Output=+80%
Old Jun 25, 2012, 02:23 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by segdohbird View Post
Hey dil,
Can't wait for the pics. You know what they say 'a picture is worth a thousand words'. I'm sure as far as the batteries go, you're using 2200mah.So I'll have to get some deminsions for thoes when I get ready to use 2200mah, only have 1500mah right now. Did you double up on the upper frame ??? And in doing so did you need to get longer screws to accomodate the double thickness of the upper frame ??? And is it advisable to glue the two sanwiched upper frames together ? Just trying to get my s**^ together before all the parts get here.Had to order one new servo because the unschedualed landing broke the ear off the mounting case. So I should have everything within a week or two. And what do you guys recommend for lock-tight ? I've been using (blue) automotive.
Clear prop........
I'll try and post a few pics tonight, i'll wait on the full write up until i get it up in the air, but it looks like its working. I didn't double up the upper frame, cause i'm still thinking sometime in the future i'll get a carbon fiber frame. the screws are pretty short though so you may want to get new ones.

These are the batteries i'm using and they just barely fit. Had to use washers above the skids to enlarge the battery area, which makes the canopy a little tight to get on (but at least i only have to do that once!)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8934

Edit: my bad, i have the 30c ones, not the 25c
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9394

They last me over 7 minutes, that's when i set my timer, then usually do one last trick and bring it in by about 7:30 only using up 2000mah out of the 2200, much more than my 25c GenAce. I think when i ordered them Hobbyking had them on their website.
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Last edited by dilberto; Jun 25, 2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 04:50 PM
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
PTCRV
SRVHD=Yes
Mode=Norm--EXP=on
Point--P-L--Output=+30%
Point--P-1--State--Act-Output=+45%
Point--P-2--State--Act-Output=+50%
Point--P-M--State--Act-Output=+55%
Point--P-3--State--Act-Output=+55%
Point--P-4--State--Act-Output=+65%
Point--P-H--State--Act-Output=+80%

What do those percentages give you for degrees of pitch at each point?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 06:10 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
What do those percentages give you for degrees of pitch at each point?
they give me real close to the manual, i have -4 at low stick...+5 at mid stick and +9 at top stick.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 06:18 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:

TIA
I like my pitch curves linear so on the devo 7 i just turned all if the points to INH and set the first and last, but you can mess around with them a little to see what fits your flying style the best.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 06:22 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
I'll try and post a few pics tonight, i'll wait on the full write up until i get it up in the air, but it looks like its working. I didn't double up the upper frame, cause i'm still thinking sometime in the future i'll get a carbon fiber frame. the screws are pretty short though so you may want to get new ones.

These are the batteries i'm using and they just barely fit. Had to use washers above the skids to enlarge the battery area, which makes the canopy a little tight to get on (but at least i only have to do that once!)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8934

Edit: my bad, i have the 30c ones, not the 25c
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9394

They last me over 7 minutes, that's when i set my timer, then usually do one last trick and bring it in by about 7:30 only using up 2000mah out of the 2200, much more than my 25c GenAce. I think when i ordered them Hobbyking had them on their website.
Here are some pics, i took a bunch a long the way and will post more when i get a chance. I have a piece of flat velcro stuck to the bottom through the holes in the bottom frame that holds the battery down. Also all the electronics are mounted up front to balance the weight and it has a good cog
Last edited by dilberto; Jun 25, 2012 at 06:32 PM. Reason: I'm losing my mind, didn't mean to post the tail, that don't help the battery question much, lol
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:12 PM
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Here are some pics, i took a bunch a long the way and will post more when i get a chance. I have a piece of flat velcro stuck to the bottom through the holes in the bottom frame that holds the battery down. Also all the electronics are mounted up front to balance the weight and it has a good cog
I see the washers you used for spacing, I'm going to assume you had to do that on both the front and rear skids. are thoes stock skids ??? Looking good. My superframe should be in the mail soon, I'm going to try a double the upper frame while it's all apart if it dont get in the way of my servo mounting (EXI 213F) The person I bought this from didn't do a very stellar job on mounting the servos so I'm gong to try and fix that if I can without destroying the dogears in them.
I think I've done more fixing than flying, maybe I should just get it back together and sell it ??? Any takers.........
P.S. What servos are you using dil ?
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:14 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,953 Posts
Quote:
I think I've done more fixing than flying, maybe I should just get it back together and sell it ??? Any takers.........
Unfortunately, that's just the way it is with this bird. But once you get it all sorted, the V400D02 is a really good flying bird, and pretty reliable, too.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:28 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
I see the washers you used for spacing, I'm going to assume you had to do that on both the front and rear skids. are thoes stock skids ??? Looking good. My superframe should be in the mail soon, I'm going to try a double the upper frame while it's all apart if it dont get in the way of my servo mounting (EXI 213F) The person I bought this from didn't do a very stellar job on mounting the servos so I'm gong to try and fix that if I can without destroying the dogears in them.
P.S. What servos are you using dil ?
Yeah the washers are on all 4 spots, and those are the stock skids (though not my first pair..) They are about 3.5mm thick total, which was enough to get my battery to fit while still being able to fit the canopy, though the electronics up front make that a tight fit.

Don't give up yet, we've all been there. I found that instead of selling, buying more helicopters also helps. That way if i crash or something goes wrong, i still have something to fly and don't have to rush on fixing it

oh, my servos are the fusonics
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:04 PM
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
Quote:
Yeah the washers are on all 4 spots, and those are the stock skids (though not my first pair..) They are about 3.5mm thick total, which was enough to get my battery to fit while still being able to fit the canopy, though the electronics up front make that a tight fit.

Don't give up yet, we've all been there. I found that instead of selling, buying more helicopters also helps. That way if i crash or something goes wrong, i still have something to fly and don't have to rush on fixing it

oh, my servos are the fusonics
I have the fusonics as well dil. I am wondering how you ran the servo wiring to the rx. My wires are tight as you have to turn the rx 180 degrees. Could you post a pic with the canopy off? I might try to set my pitch curves linear with inhibiting all the points except L and H. Does the midpoint need to be set or can it stay as inhibited?
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:06 AM
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
replaced servo now ??

put on a new dynam servo and the v400 is all over the place now. do you have to like reset the pitch and everything when replacing a servo ? also i noticed when i give left or right aileron it moves back to neutral a little slow,like there isn't any snap to it. this is sitting on the table,its slow to come back to center when i do elevator also. i mean i can see the swash slowly coming back to neutral.a tx setting or what ? any ideas ?