HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 20, 2012, 02:13 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
That's another good one. I've had it before where i set my mesh only to find that the other side of the gear was too tight, now i look for the tightest part of the gear and set it there.
Me too. And, nowadays, I don't even do the paper mesh thing anymore--I just go by feel. I run my mesh a bit looser than paper thickness, and I have not had any problems.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2012, 02:14 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
My 2nd charlotte nc fly went well. Had a bit of a low ground touch at end of 1st flight. But she flew like normal after . Please enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5nFp...e_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SskSn...e_gdata_player
That's cool, some dual heli flying. Was that other one your bro's v400?
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Jun 20, 2012, 05:39 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,289 Posts
Quote:
That's another good one. I've had it before where i set my mesh only to find that the other side of the gear was too tight, now i look for the tightest part of the gear and set it there.

Tr, you may want to double check all around the gear that there is no binding anywhere, you should always have a little bit of back and forth play.

Fastfwd, Looking good there and glad to see you got it back up flying. I'm with Coco, you probably don't need the training feet any more. I left those on longer than i needed to and was surprised how easy the heli would take off and land on its feet. Also without them your heli will fly much better. But as always, go at your own pace
Thanks gents ! Well ill load up a short video of it hovering without the training gear, i took it off after that flight today I flew ! i landed ! I still have a tail ! here it is a naked bird !
bumblebee v400 (1 min 36 sec)
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Last edited by fastfwd; Jun 20, 2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:47 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,172 Posts
No , its a v450 owner from rc groups. So its cool. My bro has still been busy with his wedding, they are now happily married and on the honey moon.

Quote:
That's cool, some dual heli flying. Was that other one your bro's v400?
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:40 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
No , its a v450 owner from rc groups. So its cool. My bro has still been busy with his wedding, they are now happily married and on the honey moon.
Oh, nice, where did they go for the honeymoon? Tell him i said congratulations (or condolences.. i've been married 7 years... but i do still love my wife despite that ). He seems like a pretty nice guy from the emails i've exchanged with him, and i wish him well and hope his wife isn't too much of a pita with the helicopters After he gets settled in though we expect some serious heli flying and a little participation in the forums!
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:17 AM
Crash perfectionist
United States, CA, Beale AFB
Joined Mar 2012
487 Posts
Married 13 years here. He's
Walking right into a trap!

Quote:
Xseeker is offline Find More Posts by Xseeker
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:23 AM
Malaysia, Pulau Pinang, Tanjong Bungah
Joined Mar 2011
620 Posts
Heli Biggie your videos are cool

hi evereyone,
I wanted to ask.. on wk 2603 TX...
when we idle up, how to control the motor rpm? is it V1 or V2 knob? or somewhere in menu....

I havent tried idle up before..
but than today i unplug the main motor and put a multimeter there, it seems like i turn V1 or V2 doesnt affect the motor speed ..
sam1741 is offline Find More Posts by sam1741
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:02 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xseeker View Post
Married 13 years here. He's
Walking right into a trap!
Married 33 years here. wouldn't trade for anything as we both have each other trained pretty well LOL
Old Jun 21, 2012, 09:33 PM
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
OK...Got a question for all you veterans (heli that is)
I pulled a newbie mistake, let off the throttle from about six feet up, hit the sidewalk and bent the lower main frame pretty good or pretty bad whichever way you want to look at it. Also resulted in stripping the main gear a little. So, do I take it apart and try and straighten everything out or just order another cheepie Walkera, or is there another option where I may get a little better frame. I do need to add a little weight up front to offset the brushless tail motor, or use some 2200mah batteries maybe. Help if you can, any suggestions can be utilized.

P.S. Married 15 years to third wife, can't afford Heli's if I go for number four so you know what they say...
'You can skydive without a parachute, you just can't skydive twice.
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Last edited by segdohbird; Jun 21, 2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:58 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by segdohbird View Post
OK...Got a question for all you veterans (heli that is)
I pulled a newbie mistake, let off the throttle from about six feet up, hit the sidewalk and bent the lower main frame pretty good or pretty bad whichever way you want to look at it. Also resulted in stripping the main gear a little. So, do I take it apart and try and straighten everything out or just order another cheepie Walkera, or is there another option where I may get a little better frame. I do need to add a little weight up front to offset the brushless tail motor, or use some 2200mah batteries maybe. Help if you can, any suggestions can be utilized.

P.S. Married 15 years to third wife, can't afford Heli's if I go for number four so you know what they say...
'You can skydive without a parachute, you just can't skydive twice.
Get one of coco,s super frames here............. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...e#post21369469
Old Jun 22, 2012, 02:46 AM
Joined Jun 2011
567 Posts
Hi all,

Does anyone know what is wrong if my v400 stop spinning on throttle with a fully charged battery? I suspect either the battery or the ESC is broken. Has anyone got the same problem before?
eugenechong is offline Find More Posts by eugenechong
Old Jun 22, 2012, 09:09 AM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,172 Posts
Thanks, i try, even though i make myself have mini heart attacks while i fly,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam1741 View Post
Heli Biggie your videos are cool

hi evereyone,
I wanted to ask.. on wk 2603 TX...
when we idle up, how to control the motor rpm? is it V1 or V2 knob? or somewhere in menu....

I havent tried idle up before..
but than today i unplug the main motor and put a multimeter there, it seems like i turn V1 or V2 doesnt affect the motor speed ..
Old Jun 22, 2012, 09:11 AM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,172 Posts
Once you go super frame , you never go back. My videos are proof . It holds up even with a tick toc to the skids on the ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
Get one of coco,s super frames here............. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...e#post21369469
Old Jun 22, 2012, 09:42 AM
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Once you go super frame , you never go back. My videos are proof . It holds up even with a tick toc to the skids on the ground
So How do I get in contact with Coco2010 ???

COCO PM ME WHEN YOU GET TIME....I NEED A FRAME IF YOU HAVE ANY AVILABLE !
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Last edited by segdohbird; Jun 22, 2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:17 AM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
Hi all,

Does anyone know what is wrong if my v400 stop spinning on throttle with a fully charged battery? I suspect either the battery or the ESC is broken. Has anyone got the same problem before?
Hmmm, you said the battery was fully charged, so I don't think that it is "broken." Maybe the motor died? Do the servos still twitch and function correctly when you bind the receiver to the heli? Does the tail motor still work correctly? Time to get a voltage meter and start checking that everything is working correctly.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011