HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 18, 2012, 07:04 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,718 Posts
Sorry tr, i get confused with the helis i'm talking about. There is no automatic swash mix with the 1 servo rx setups. That will have to be done in the travel adjust menu.

Are the aile, elev, and pitch servos travel all set to 100%?
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2012, 07:39 PM
United States, NE, North Platte
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
Sorry tr, i get confused with the helis i'm talking about. There is no automatic swash mix with the 1 servo rx setups. That will have to be done in the travel adjust menu.

They are set to 90 for all three. I think I am done. One time it flies perfectly the next like a little while ago the wag is awful. I just don't get it. I have a wobble at low speeds due to the warped main gear. Others say they have the same thing. Tried to adjust the tail mix pot that made it worse. Never did get back to where it was stability wise this morning. Turned down the aile and elev gyro which seemed to help, but I don't know how far to turn those down. Maybe the receiver is bad.
trhodes is offline Find More Posts by trhodes
Old Jun 18, 2012, 08:17 PM
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
Should the rx be off when adjusting the pots? I was adjusting the pots with the battery connected.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 08:27 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,358 Posts
I forgot i already posted this l but i have the mount and cam attached very snug to the frame , in more than 1 spot. But 1st the heli must be wobble free. Then ur video will be, good luck, i think i need to do some more 1st person video since im getting better at flying.

Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 18, 2012, 09:42 PM
Malaysia, Pulau Pinang, Tanjong Bungah
Joined Mar 2011
622 Posts
Thanks Dilberto,

so that makes two of us.. both our video was wobbly
mine is .. shaking beyond viewable..

Look at the link, the isolator is like some sort of rubber,
i think can DIY it too

I agree with your theory too..
Maybe our camera needs to be near the gyro(rx)
or maybe can move the rx to above the camera mount.

come to think about it
for those bigger heli with seperate gyro
they can put the gyro anywhere, so they can locate it right on top of the mount also .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
Sam, I mounted the gopro under my 450 like you did there, and it took excellent pictures but the video was very wobbly. Heli Biggie mounted his in a different spot and his video was night and day different than mine, so check out his pictures. You'll definitely want to use some sort of rubber damper between your camera mount and the heli, for example
http://www.wowhobbies.com/isolateits...od-19deep.aspx

If you're interested in hearing my theory on why HeliB's video was so much better than mine (i have thought about this but not tested it yet), I believe it is because he mounted his camera right next to the gyro, where mine was pretty far away. Thinking about it, the gyro always tries to keep itself straight and level, leaving the rest of the heli to follow along, so this leads me to believe the place with the least amount of wobble or vibration on the heli would be right above or below the receiver. I'm actually rebuilding my superV (waiting on one more part) with the intention of leaving the space right below the rx in order to mount the gopro.
sam1741 is offline Find More Posts by sam1741
Old Jun 18, 2012, 09:43 PM
Malaysia, Pulau Pinang, Tanjong Bungah
Joined Mar 2011
622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
I forgot i already posted this l but i have the mount and cam attached very snug to the frame , in more than 1 spot. But 1st the heli must be wobble free. Then ur video will be, good luck, i think i need to do some more 1st person video since im getting better at flying.

Thanks Heli Biggie!

It seems like you have a foam between your camera and the heli frame
and your camera is very near the rx.
I would try to use some foam / rubber too

I not sure if my heli is wobble free
i try shooting hover video of my heli (without load)
and playback using slomo, and it seems ok.
(Maybe there is very tiny vibration that cannot seen by eyes, but get amplified when the mount is attached)
sam1741 is offline Find More Posts by sam1741
Old Jun 18, 2012, 09:51 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam1741 View Post
Thanks Dilberto,

so that makes two of us.. both our video was wobbly
mine is .. shaking beyond viewable..

Look at the link, the isolator is like some sort of rubber,
i think can DIY it too

I agree with your theory too..
Maybe our camera needs to be near the gyro(rx)
or maybe can move the rx to above the camera mount.

come to think about it
for those bigger heli with seperate gyro
they can put the gyro anywhere, so they can locate it right on top of the mount also .
Yeah that's true. I really like HeliBiggie's setup on the v400, think i'm going to use my v400 for video instead of the 450's if i get it looking good. The 450 video was too wobbly to even show anybody even though the heli looked perfectly smooth and i had foam between the camera mount and the heli. Seeing HB's pic again, that camera lens is right in line with the rx, and on mine it was the side to side wobble that was most noticable. Having the camera secured against the frame with some dampener in between and having it that close to the rx i think would be the best way to do it on this heli. I also was going to try cutting around a canopy and using whatever will fit just so i can see the heli better, but i'll get there when i get there.

HeliB, How did you attach the bottom of the gopro? It looks like you used one of those feet hook things that come with it and tilted it up and strapped it somehow to the lower frame?? I'm really curious cause i want to do that once i get my heli back in the air (should be soon now).
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:47 PM
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
Okay, I have calmed down a bit. Went through to make sure every screw was tight. Put a battery pack in and hovered in the garage. It was better. I am sure that it is bad practice to adjust the pots on the rx while the rx is still connected to the battery. My bad. I still had a wag, but nothing like before. Is correct to unplug the heli before adjusting anything on the rx or the tx?
Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:30 PM
Owner1
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Mar 2011
346 Posts
You can make adjustments on the Rx or Tx with the battery in and the heli bound to the TX. I do it all the time.

I would find it very hard to fine tune my gyros if I had to unplug the battery, adjust my RX gyros, plug the battery back in, and then rebind, every time I wanted to make a slight change.

Owner1
Owner1 is offline Find More Posts by Owner1
Last edited by Owner1; Jun 19, 2012 at 03:32 AM.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:32 AM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhodes View Post
They are set to 90 for all three. I think I am done. One time it flies perfectly the next like a little while ago the wag is awful. I just don't get it. I have a wobble at low speeds due to the warped main gear. Others say they have the same thing. Tried to adjust the tail mix pot that made it worse. Never did get back to where it was stability wise this morning. Turned down the aile and elev gyro which seemed to help, but I don't know how far to turn those down. Maybe the receiver is bad.
DO YOU HAVE GYRO SET TO AUTO OR MANUAL ?
ooops caps lock mine is set to manual and the switch is set to Gear. then go into model menu go to gyro and set gear to gyro.
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Jun 19, 2012, 09:28 AM
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
DO YOU HAVE GYRO SET TO AUTO OR MANUAL ?
ooops caps lock mine is set to manual and the switch is set to Gear. then go into model menu go to gyro and set gear to gyro.
Thanks Fastfwd,

I changed to the settings you suggested. I was auto. I don't know if changing those settings will do much, however I did fly this morning and everything was stable. I found that the plug for the tail motor that goes into the receiver seems to be a little loose.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:21 AM
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post

Kdean,

Is there torque issues keeping my pitch curves where they are at? Or... should I adjust my travel adjustment? Again, my pitch curves are: L--0, 1--10, 2--20, M--30, 3--40, 4--50, and H--60. Would one lower the aile, elev, and pitch travel adjustment the same percentage?

Thanks,
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:33 AM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,349 Posts
Todays Headlines

U.S. Government talking about drones patrolling the skies.It's flybarless too !!!
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:47 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,718 Posts
I wonder if they had to swap any parts for "align" in those drones......
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:43 PM
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
Settings

I have been messing with my throttle curves a little. I currently have the following: L--0, 1--30, 2--45, M--45, 3--45, 4--50, and H--50. With these settings I get very little tail wag. I am in normal flight mode by the way. If I increase these values and increase the head speed I get more wag. My question is do I have an issue with my throttle and pitch curves creating too much torque? The motors are brushless.