HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 18, 2012, 02:41 PM
United States, NE, North Platte
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
Thanks Kdean,

I will check the mix when I get home. I know the mechanical is setup appropriately. The swash mixing arms are level across at mid-stick and I have 0 pitch. I never thought about the swash mix.
trhodes is offline Find More Posts by trhodes
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2012, 03:05 PM
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
For anyone out there should the swash type for the settings in the Devo radio for the v400d02 be 3 servos 120 degrees?
Old Jun 18, 2012, 03:52 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam1741 View Post
Thanks Heli Biggie~
That would be more help.

I wonder.. is it the vibration comes from my v400,
or is it the mount is not secure enough

Btw your v400 is having BL motor? is it powerful enough ?

Thanks i am going to youtube now.
Sam, I mounted the gopro under my 450 like you did there, and it took excellent pictures but the video was very wobbly. Heli Biggie mounted his in a different spot and his video was night and day different than mine, so check out his pictures. You'll definitely want to use some sort of rubber damper between your camera mount and the heli, for example
http://www.wowhobbies.com/isolateits...od-19deep.aspx

If you're interested in hearing my theory on why HeliB's video was so much better than mine (i have thought about this but not tested it yet), I believe it is because he mounted his camera right next to the gyro, where mine was pretty far away. Thinking about it, the gyro always tries to keep itself straight and level, leaving the rest of the heli to follow along, so this leads me to believe the place with the least amount of wobble or vibration on the heli would be right above or below the receiver. I'm actually rebuilding my superV (waiting on one more part) with the intention of leaving the space right below the rx in order to mount the gopro.
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Jun 18, 2012, 03:53 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhodes View Post
For anyone out there should the swash type for the settings in the Devo radio for the v400d02 be 3 servos 120 degrees?
fyi, for the non devo version it's always 1 servo. You'll notice right away if the cyclic response is off, just watch your swashplate and if it moves all weird then you'll need to use the other setting.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 03:59 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
well i was messing with settings and put gyro on auto,then read that if it was (confused here) above 50% gyro it would go to HH and if below 50% then would be in rate mode ? i made so many changes in gyro trying to get the spin to stop, i dont even remember what the default was in gyro sensory. i would think it was at 100% ?
Out of curiosity, does that mean you got your tail spin problem figured out? Were you accidentally flying in rate mode instead of head hold?

Imo it's those types of things that make the devo7 a little hard to learn on, since the menu's are harder to navigate than the 2801. Other than that it's a good controller with plenty of features.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 04:46 PM
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
fyi, for the non devo version it's always 1 servo. You'll notice right away if the cyclic response is off, just watch your swashplate and if it moves all weird then you'll need to use the other setting.
Thanks Dil,

I have been using the 1 servo setting on the DEVO 10. Kdean had asked what my swash settings were, so that is why I asked the question. My pitch curves are set very low to try and get the proper pitch. Can the DEVO 10 be setup to use the 3 servo setting?
Old Jun 18, 2012, 04:47 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Out of curiosity, does that mean you got your tail spin problem figured out? Were you accidentally flying in rate mode instead of head hold?

Imo it's those types of things that make the devo7 a little hard to learn on, since the menu's are harder to navigate than the 2801. Other than that it's a good controller with plenty of features.
Yes it did fix the spinning problem
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Jun 18, 2012, 04:51 PM
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
DEVO setting

Quote:
Yes it did fix the spinning problem
Hey Fastfwd,

On your DEVO 7 are you using the 1 servo setting or 3 servos? I still don't have the DEVO 10 like I want it, but I am close.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 04:59 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Dil,

I have been using the 1 servo setting on the DEVO 10. Kdean had asked what my swash settings were, so that is why I asked the question. My pitch curves are set very low to try and get the proper pitch. Can the DEVO 10 be setup to use the 3 servo setting?
My V400 with devo7 is also set on 1 servo. but with the 450 it is set on 3 servo
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:04 PM
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
Quote:
My V400 with devo7 is also set on 1 servo. but with the 450 it is set on 3 servo
Thanks,

That is what I thought. Kdean was concerned about my pitch curves. In normal to get to -4 at o stick, 0 at mid-stick, and +8 at full-stick I have the curves set at L-0, 1-10, 2-20, M-30, 3-40, 4-50, and H-60. Mechanically everything is level in stunt 1 at mid-stick, the swash is level and the mixing arms are level across. The swash is also in the middle. Am I missing something. The travel adjustment, something in the rx?
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:40 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Dil,

The 1 servo / 3 servo setting depends on the receiver. I'm not sure what rx you have on your 450, but the 2702 uses the 3 servo setup because it is more versatile in different varieties of helicopters. With the 1 servo setup, on the v400 the swash mix is in the receiver is preset so you can't change it (if that means anything to you), which is fine on an rtf heli but not so much when you are building your own.

Also, fyi, I worked on an older helicopter of my colleagues with an intricate mechanical setup that had 1 servo controlling elevator (swash tilt front to back), one controlling aileron (tilt side to side), and only one servo controlling pitch (whole swash up and down). My thought is this probably worked better when servos weren't as quick, but now most helis have the servos directly attatched to the swash plate with equal distance (1 servo vs. 3 servo) which cuts out a bunch of large moving parts.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:46 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Thanks,

That is what I thought. Kdean was concerned about my pitch curves. In normal to get to -4 at o stick, 0 at mid-stick, and +8 at full-stick I have the curves set at L-0, 1-10, 2-20, M-30, 3-40, 4-50, and H-60. Mechanically everything is level in stunt 1 at mid-stick, the swash is level and the mixing arms are level across. The swash is also in the middle. Am I missing something. The travel adjustment, something in the rx?
umm, only thing i can think of that kdean didn't already mention, if there is a tail mix pot on your rx like on the older gen stuff, you could try turning that one way then the other and see if it helps. Also i think K already wrote this, but did you try turning your gyro down in the transmitter?

What's the c rating on each of those batts?
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:47 PM
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
Quote:
The 1 servo / 3 servo setting depends on the receiver. I'm not sure what rx you have on your 450, but the 2702 uses the 3 servo setup because it is more versatile in different varieties of helicopters. With the 1 servo setup, on the v400 the swash mix is in the receiver is preset so you can't change it (if that means anything to you), which is fine on an rtf heli but not so much when you are building your own.

Also, fyi, I worked on an older helicopter of my colleagues with an intricate mechanical setup that had 1 servo controlling elevator (swash tilt front to back), one controlling aileron (tilt side to side), and only one servo controlling pitch (whole swash up and down). My thought is this probably worked better when servos weren't as quick, but now most helis have the servos directly attatched to the swash plate with equal distance (1 servo vs. 3 servo) which cuts out a bunch of large moving parts.
That all makes perfect sense to me. I think I may be worrying to much about the pitch curves. It seems my pitch degrees are fine.

Thanks,
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:48 PM
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
Quote:
umm, only thing i can think of that kdean didn't already mention, if there is a tail mix pot on your rx like on the older gen stuff, you could try turning that one way then the other and see if it helps.
I do have the tail mix pot. Maybe I will try and turn that down a touch.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:51 PM
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
Quote:

What's the c rating on each of those batts?
20-30c discharge on the 1500. On the 1200 it is 20c.