SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:20 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Mar 2012
541 Posts
Has anyone tried or heard of using any other resistor? I have a bunch at work that are close but not quiet the same. Would be nice to use one o them instead of making a trip to get the 1k.
penz83 is offline Find More Posts by penz83
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:26 AM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
2,004 Posts
I have a bunch of non-1k resistors, too. But considering that a new Rx is around $50, more or less, I decided it was worth the trip to the Radio Shack.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:42 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Mar 2012
541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
I have a bunch of non-1k resistors, too. But considering that a new Rx is around $50, more or less, I decided it was worth the trip to the Radio Shack.
Haha very true.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 01:09 PM
Crash perfectionist
United States, CA, Beale AFB
Joined Mar 2012
487 Posts
As I'm currently still having to plug in my AILE servo after binding with the new rx...
Xseeker is offline Find More Posts by Xseeker
Old Mar 20, 2012, 01:51 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by penz83 View Post
Has anyone tried or heard of using any other resistor? I have a bunch at work that are close but not quiet the same. Would be nice to use one o them instead of making a trip to get the 1k.
You can sting resistors together in series (end to end) and add their values. Also I would think it doesn't have to be exact, these resistors themselves aren't even that accurate. For example if you sting together two 480 ohm that would work. Whatever gets you between 900 and 1100 ohm I'm sure would be fine
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Mar 20, 2012, 02:06 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperJack View Post
I was taking a closer look at my V400 the other day and noticed somethinhg that might apply here. Back when the heli was new, I thought my motor was not setting square on the motor mount so I used a shim on the aft side (main shaft side) to make the pinion engage the main gear at 90 degrees.

Now I am noticing the main gear is not parallel to the upper frame opening. It is high in the back and low in the front. The gear is high toward the aft end. This makes the pinion appear not to be engaging the main gear at 90 degrees. In order for the main gear to be "off," all those frame holes which hold the bearing blocks, or maybe just the top set, have to be off. Might this be a possibility on all V400's and possibly why the top set of holes are off? It might be a possibility we are just duplicating what is there.

Bravo on a genius grade analysis of the frame dilberto!

I may be loosing my mind and/or eye sight but viewing the aft end of the gear, there is more clearance between it and the lower frame than the forward end.
Hey Jack, I had a similar thing on mine and I'm guessing that walkera doesn't hold very tight tolerances. You do bring up a good point there, if the top bearing block holes don't line up exactly with the original, it might be the original that is off. When I drew it up I made sure the bearing block holes were square and parallel (I don't have my dimensions on me but I think the holes are 25mm between the top block and the bottom, and 12.5mm between the holes of each block). I'll be interested to hear a liitle more info from heli biggie on which holes and how far off they are
Old Mar 20, 2012, 03:08 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Mar 2012
541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
You can sting resistors together in series (end to end) and add their values. Also I would think it doesn't have to be exact, these resistors themselves aren't even that accurate. For example if you sting together two 480 ohm that would work. Whatever gets you between 900 and 1100 ohm I'm sure would be fine
Yeah makes sense. I was thinking that, but the resistors I had at work I could not find a combo that would work...
So $1.19 at radio shack later and I got a 5 pack of the 1k in hand.
Does it matter in which direction the resistor goes?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 03:11 PM
Folding Spacetime
Joined Jul 2011
2,004 Posts
Quote:
I don't think so. If it does matter, well then I got lucky.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 03:38 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
I don't think so. If it does matter, well then I got lucky.
Not lucky, it just doesn't matter
Old Mar 20, 2012, 04:09 PM
Crash perfectionist
Joined Mar 2012
487 Posts
My Bl tail motors show up tomorrow, i went for one more flight today before then. Stock tail motor gave out...I got to about 20 feet saving it with no tail motor, then it just went sideways i couldnt save it.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 04:13 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,305 Posts

Quote:
Yeah makes sense. I was thinking that, but the resistors I had at work I could not find a combo that would work...
So $1.19 at radio shack later and I got a 5 pack of the 1k in hand.
No polarity,connect the resistor either way.
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: cynr100
Old Mar 20, 2012, 04:55 PM
Folding Spacetime
Joined Jul 2011
2,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xseeker View Post
My Bl tail motors show up tomorrow, i went for one more flight today before then. Stock tail motor gave out...I got to about 20 feet saving it with no tail motor, then it just went sideways i couldnt save it.
Oh those damned brushed motors! Sorry to see your heli is such a state, and yes I do know how it feels. Now rebuild it better than ever.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:29 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
That's a bummer and bad timing being right before your bl motor shows up, but like Nav said, we've all been there, and you'll have it flying better than before
Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:31 PM
Crash perfectionist
Joined Mar 2012
487 Posts
Already torn apart, oddly enough i have all the spare parts on hand heh. Whats funny is tonight i was taking it apart because the Bl tails show up tomorrow along with the converter to get rid of the stock ESC anyways. BTW that's the same heli i saved from that nose dive yesterday. Theres the parts broken below, add the main gear to that, and the boom was not straight so i did that myself the rest of the way heh. and the feather shaft is toast along with the shaft which was actually very slightly bent.

My question is, the HS-5055MG servos are ok, but the tabs are broken, Do they sell the casing for these? Or do i need to find another way to attach them or just get new ones.

Quote:
Oh those damned brushed motors! Sorry to see your heli is such a state, and yes I do know how it feels. Now rebuild it better than ever.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 06:05 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Mar 2012
541 Posts
Quote:
Sorry to hear about this man, I was actually enjoying my v400 stock, then one of the servos stripped out, then I got to reading how bad the brushed motors can be so I decided to shelf mine and wait till I did the brushless upgrade. If my chopper is gonna crash I want it to be my fault haha!!