SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 31, 2012, 08:47 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,357 Posts
It is my go to heli. But i need to take the v450 out more... The v400 so good i ordered one for my brother, it was suppose to come today but something happened with dumb ass fed ex and they returned it to wow hobbies. Now wow has to send it back lol glad its not for me , i would be pissed.

Dil and coco, this would be great for us v400 owners, i emailed xtreme again and they said no way......

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
I just had a chance to fly my V400d over at the park. I flew 2 Gensace 1550mah 25c packs at 6mins each. The batteries had 11.61 volts left so I'm thinking easy 7mins. I forgot how long to set the timer for. Same as always, I love this helicopter. So smooth and quiet its perfect for the park. I would say this would be a perfect trainer if you didn't have to replace the servos and motor right away. So stable I was able to do a pin point landings on the park bench. I'll never get rid of this heli no matter how many or big of helis I get.
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Heli Biggie; Jan 31, 2012 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Spelling
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2012, 03:41 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
It is my go to heli. But i need to take the v450 out more... The v400 so good i ordered one for my brother, it was suppose to come today but something happened with dumb ass fed ex and they returned it to wow hobbies. Now wow has to send it back lol glad its not for me , i would be pissed.

Dil and coco, this would be great for us v400 owners, i emailed xtreme again and they said no way......
I emailed Xtreme about 2 Months ago as well and got the same response.
In this financial climate, you'd think a company would jump at the chance to make a little wad.. But evidently not.
The initial outlay to knock a few hundred frames together can't cost that much surely?
Coincidentally, my brother is a spring maker, tool maker and cnc/cad trained.
He's worked for the same company here in Manchester since leaving school about 15 years ago.
I sent Him some images of the stock upper frames off our V400, and asked Him if He could knock some together.

His reply was that you need certain tools and a special jig or something and it would cost a fortune.

Personally, I think He's just being a tight barstool as always.

Surely it can't cost much to get the setup ready?
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 01, 2012, 11:08 AM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,335 Posts
V400 lower frame

UPDATE ON V400 LOWER FRAME:
I talked to the people at work and was not getting a very good responsed.
We are super busy right now and I need to get into 3 main process to produce this frame the perfect way.FIRST is ESTIMATING(COST) ,SECOND is CAD (COMPUTER AIDED DESIGN) to have it cut by laser accurately with all the details and the THIRD is the BRAKE (Bending process).

We have alot of new customers right now that are online going to the 3 main process and we are talking 20 to 50 Thousands worth of jobs and prototypes are arriving almost everyday.Our CEO is tailing/checking all the main production activity.

This is not the best time for a small job to get into process but ,I will try my best to have this produce. FOR NOW THIS LOWER FRAME JOB IS ON HOLD AND I WILL KEEP YOU GUYS POSTED.
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tesla 2-PVC Version
Old Feb 01, 2012, 11:28 AM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
UPDATE ON V400 LOWER FRAME:
I talked to the people at work and was not getting a very good responsed.
We are super busy right now and I need to get into 3 main process to produce this frame the perfect way.FIRST is ESTIMATING(COST) ,SECOND is CAD (COMPUTER AIDED DESIGN) to have it cut by laser accurately with all the details and the THIRD is the BRAKE (Bending process).

We have alot of new customers right now that are online going to the 3 main process and we are talking 20 to 50 Thousands worth of jobs and prototypes are arriving almost everyday.Our CEO is tailing/checking all the main production activity.

This is not the best time for a small job to get into process but ,I will try my best to have this produce. FOR NOW THIS LOWER FRAME JOB IS ON HOLD AND I WILL KEEP YOU GUYS POSTED.
Your a good man for even considering something like that at work to help your friends here with our toys.
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Feb 01, 2012, 04:29 PM
Joined Jun 2011
35 Posts
Voici une adresse, qui pourrait vous intéresser pour la création de petites pièce, suffit de la réaliser en 3d, il la reproduise en vrais objet, et pas trop onéreux.

Here is an address, you may be interested in creating small room, only to realize it in 3D it again in the real object, and not too expensive.

http://www.shapeways.com/gallery?mg[search][categories]=16&mg[search][clear]
gegedampleux is offline Find More Posts by gegedampleux
Old Feb 03, 2012, 05:03 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Xheli have now restocked the V400 at $149.

I was going to buy another until I checked the shipping costs.

The jokers want $95 shipping to the UK.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 03, 2012, 06:02 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,357 Posts
Damn i just got a wow hobbies version for a little more money, for my bro..But check this

A Swarm of Nano Quadrotors (1 min 43 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666 View Post

RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2012, 07:04 PM
Joined Oct 2010
2,335 Posts
V400 SUPER FRAME UPDATE-V400eVERFRAME

I won't take no for an answer,so I skip the CAD process for laser cutting and this is what I came up with.I was able to secure the material from my job(cheaper price) and was able to get a deal with one of the BRAKE OPERATOR to cut and bend it with PRECISION for $10.00 each WITHOUT THE HOLES.He will charge me $15.00 to put the holes manually on it. I told him to bend 2 pcs.w/out the hole and this is how it looks.The result was very good and this is how I started mine and I did all the holes to my liking.TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK ? ARE YOU GUYS CAPABLE OF MAKING YOUR OWN HOLES AND MAKE YOUR OWN DESIGN ? LET ME KNOW !!!

NOTE: The stock frame on the side,I tried to RE-INFORCE it with thicker aluminum inside but,when it crashed it bent again somewhere and ending up the heli to vibrate,not a good idea.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by CO2X2010; Feb 03, 2012 at 10:31 PM. Reason: more info
Old Feb 03, 2012, 07:31 PM
Joined Oct 2010
2,335 Posts
V400 superframe closed-up

This is how I did the holes on mine.You can make the holes the way you like it,just MAKE SURE THE HOLE IS BIG ENOUGH WHEN CHANGING THE GEAR AND CLEAR ACCESS TO THE MOTOR INSTALLATION & SCREWS.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2012, 08:20 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,357 Posts
How is the weight, same or more? With or with out holes?it wlooks like it would hold my gopro perfectly and stronger. Did you then have to use different screws and nuts to secure it? Is the inside dimensions the same?
I may have more questions but thats cause i love it . No upper frame??

Quote:
I won't take no for an answer,so I skip the CAD process for laser cutting and this is what I came up with.I was able to secure the material from my job(cheaper price) and was able to get a deal with one of the BRAKE OPERATOR to cut and bend it with PRECISION for $10.00 each WITHOUT THE HOLES.He will charge me $15.00 to put the holes manually on it. I told him to bend 2 pcs.w/out the hole and this is how it looks.The result was very good and this is how I started mine and I did all the holes to my liking.TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK ? ARE YOU GUYS CAPABLE OF MAKING YOUR OWN HOLES AND MAKE YOUR OWN DESIGN ? LET ME KNOW !!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2012, 08:23 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,357 Posts
Oh u made the hole for the main gear to pop thru the bottom, i wonder what can be put there to keep it safe.

Quote:
This is how I did the holes on mine.You can make the holes the way you like it,just MAKE SURE THE HOLE IS BIG ENOUGH WHEN CHANGING THE GEAR AND CLEAR ACCESS TO THE MOTOR INSTALLATION & SCREWS.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Heli Biggie; Feb 03, 2012 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old Feb 03, 2012, 09:57 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2011
369 Posts
Quote:

Unreal. First I find out that Blade finally released a 300 sized FBL heli that looks sweet. Then I find out that Xheli has this now after waiting a long time and then paying a lot more from Wow a month or so ago. Frustrating series of days.
C6Silver is offline Find More Posts by C6Silver
Old Feb 03, 2012, 10:23 PM
Joined Oct 2010
2,335 Posts
V400

Quote:
How is the weight, same or more? With or with out holes?it wlooks like it would hold my gopro perfectly and stronger. Did you then have to use different screws and nuts to secure it? Is the inside dimensions the same?
I may have more questions but thats cause i love it . No upper frame??
Without the holes ,it's like twice the weight and it will get light when you make the holes and it's all to you how much material you will drill out.You will need longer screws,this is 3X thicker than the stock.All dimensions are the same as stock.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2012, 10:27 PM
Joined Oct 2010
2,335 Posts
V400

Quote:
Oh u made the hole for the main gear to pop thru the bottom, i wonder what can be put there to keep it safe.
You have ALOT of space and it's safe.You don't need anything to cover it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2012, 11:47 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,864 Posts
Quote:

Thanks a lot Damo, just what I need to think about. Oh yeah, it needs more servos and motor......... Alright, I'm ok now

I had to look. They want the same price for the CB180.
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Last edited by barnstorm100; Feb 03, 2012 at 11:53 PM.